Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before JW privatized her FB page, she posted that she was going with a group to Union Station to ask around, pass out fliers, etc. She is in Woodstock--was seen there--so the Mt. V LE didn't give her a "don't leave town."

Before she stopped posting on the Beth page (and removed previous posts) she alternated between saying she couldn't say anything and saying things. Half the FBers are mad at her for each.

My theory is LE doesn't want her to talk because they're looking farther up the drug chain. But that's just me.

What type of car does Beth have? I sometimes rent a car for road trips because (1) I don't want to put mileage on mine because it's a lease and (2) I have a smaller car and want more room when I travel.

But why on earth would this woman be taking a train back home? It's hard to understand that part of the story.

Forgive me if this was answered in previous posts, but I wonder if LE was able to find any train reservation for Beth.

If JW was covering for her, that would explain why LE doesn't want her to talk and perhaps why she lawyered up. Maybe she's afraid she could be charged with a crime by not telling LE the truth from the beginning.

But the big question is why Beth would voluntarily leave her children, since she was so involved with them and had been a single parent for a while before she got married.

As far as I've seen, there has been no ticket purchased in Beth's name, and she was never seen at the station or on the train. Now the friend's story has also changed to dropping her off on a sidewalk near a Mexican restaurant.

Beth had a court date June 9, 2010 which involved a lot of money ($50,000) in her favor..

Just to clarify things, in any personal injury case, it's the normal practice to allege "damages in excess of $50,000." That is done just to have the case docketed in the correct division of the court system, e.g., the law division hears cases where damages could be in excess of $50,000. Also, the June 9 court date was a conference call; she would not have had to appear, her lawyer in the case would have appeared for her, advised the judge of the status of the case, and the judge would have set various dates for completion of discovery, etc. That being said, I'm sure BB would never have wanted to stay in Mt. Vernon an extra day or two beyond Sunday, if for no other reason than that she's a working (in a busy law practice with her husband) mom with a young son at home and a graduation party scheduled.

Now, would she be likely to have left a car she rented with a friend driving on a ticket and returned on TWO trains, the latter arriving in her home town at 2:30 a.m., without making any arrangements for her husband or any of her friends to meet her? My guess is that the LE folks think not, and are no doubt checking into things very deliberately and very quietly, just waiting for someone involved to make a misstep.

I'm bothered by the rumors about Beth and about JW, and especially by the motivations behind each one of them. Nothing substantiated except when LE stated that Beth Bentley sometimes uses her maiden name of Rogers. That is telling in that they reported it. It's not likely she used that name for her work, so I do wonder why she wanted to use it. Maybe to be established in case of a future change?

Does anyone know how these cases normally progress, from a missing person to LE knowing that something certainly is afoul? It looks like there has to be some digging going on, into the various rumors of drug abuse. Does anyone think some kind of proof is going to be coming out about any of those?

I'm glad there's a reward. I don't think Beth would skip on the graduation and the court proceedings unless she was experiencing a total nervous breakdown or went into a witness protection program somewhere. http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/laworder/story/6536D3BB2D8AD3048625773D007535CC?OpenDocument

Interesting information. Welcome to all the new folks.

I still don't understand why more action isn't being taken by Mt. Vernon LE. No searches, no pressers, etc. Very baffling.

And JW's story changes. I suspect it will change some more.

I think the only think I am sure of is Beth didn't take the train from Centralia. Wow, I just don't know what to think.

The info about the phone is in the FAQ section of the FB page linked above - go to the tab marked info and scroll down.

Heresay comes from friend of Beths told to me a year ago. Paschein, the point of my post was not to bash, but to get all facts out there. As evidence with the posts, it is more complicated than it seems. Do I think she ran off? Doubtful. Divorce is easier. Could one of the people she was having an affair with be involved? Anything is possible.

bbm

I'm sorry but that is no friend.

I hope Beth's friends that are hosting her "MISSING" page on Facebook haven't blocked JW from posting on that page.

As much as it hurt their feelings to read what JW was posting about Beth, I believe had they allowed it to continue, JW would have revealed even more information that would not only lead to Beth's whereabouts, but also to JW's self-incrimination.

Phillipsgirl, whether they've blocked JW or not, JW and her sister have both gone silent, FB-wise, which I too think is unfortunate. But one can understand BB's friends' reactions to JW's posts. If she talked on FB, she'll talk away from it too. My guess is that's what LE's waiting for. My guess is that it'd be awful hard for JW to know who her friends are nowadays.

it is my understanding Mt Vernon LE case was turned over to the IL State they are now handling that end of it.. offically anyway. Woodstock LE & Amtrek LE also involved.
This was reported in one of the past articles that all 3 LE were on this case. I think it was the NWHerald article.

Still I am baffled why no search has been spoken of.. once the train story was totally removed from the exhausted wouldn't that be the next step?

OK seems to me we have exhausted..

[*] Train story or even having been dropped across from it.. NOT a single person even can place her as ever being seen in Centrailia. LE have disruled the train story as well.

[*] Beth leaving of her own free will

[*] Scott has been cleared of any involvement in Beth's missing case.

NOW we have the **rumor** story that has been reported to LE

There is still.. the blackmail story.. where the young son ask what blackmail means because he over heard JW & RR talking about blackmailing someone named Beth.

RR shows up back in Woodstock right after Beth went missing and in now driving a new late model gold van. Where has his white "crapy" old white van gone to.

RR has no known real job, bad credit, bad record in both areas. What means does he have to pay for a new van. And if he was coming back to Woodstock with JW at the same time then why did JW even need the rental car when they could have just rode home together (RR & JW live together) therefore Beth could have just drove the rental car home.

JW worked part time for Scott Brandley & Beth at the law firm only known income and Beth's friend made comment on the FB directed to JW that Beth was helping her make ends meet.

So both adults have no known job income yet now have new work van hmmmm

Both "known" to be junkies and JW's own kid is the one going to another adult to verify if the stash of drugs he found of JW & RR is in fact heroin or not.

The fact that even JW's own kids don't trust her or RR and going to people outside the family to verify things speaks volumes doesn't it.

JW's eyes speak volumes in eariler pictures, many of which have now been removed I might add. She makes a transformation from dark hair, glasses and frompy dressed, to Blonde like BB and low cut revealing cloths and every picture they are even dressed alike color wise. No glasses now either. Although reports are she is back to dark hair now.

JW posted on her FB page for 3 days a couple times help find my friend May 26 - may 28 then all she does is play farmville or one of those games for two weeks. no more posts to please help find my "bethfriend" I need my bestfriend *BACK* (not found or returned )

She has post post on her FB page that speaks of posting flyers with a group on that Saturday, not sure if this was ever done or not. If so doesn't say she is doing it this is post thru another friends page. JW also has not made any post on her bestfriends missing page other than to defend herself two weeks after Beth missing report. No outreach of support to anyone, also the only post she does make is a character assasination on her bestfriend to the public for everyone to read even thought the LE have told her she can't speak of the case to anyone.

Finally we have LE saying very little.. and all the questions as to the cell, if rental had GPS. If the rehab house which appears to be owned by RR father has been searched or if neighbor have been questioned.
Personally I know at least neighbors have spoken privately they fear both JW & RR they are dangerous. Could this be why nobody seen anything because they fear them and nobody is talking?

There is the Frost Mug ref, of which I know nothing about and have not see it posted other than as a ref that all three + a 4 male unknown. Could this be the other brother known to be working on rehabbing the house with RR.. NR, what do we know of NR anything at all other than he is RR brother?

Did I miss anything?? Just thinking out loud and recap of the case..

it is my understanding Mt Vernon LE case was turned over to the IL State they are now handling that end of it.. offically anyway. Woodstock LE & Amtrek LE also involved.
This was reported in one of the past articles that all 3 LE were on this case. I think it was the NWHerald article.

Still I am baffled why no search has been spoken of.. once the train story was totally removed from the exhausted wouldn't that be the next step?

OK seems to me we have exhausted..

[*] Train story or even having been dropped across from it.. NOT a single person even can place her as ever being seen in Centrailia. LE have disruled the train story as well.

[*] Beth leaving of her own free will

[*] Scott has been cleared of any involvement in Beth's missing case.
Snipped and BBM

Thanks for the summary. I can't find anything in the media that says which LE are on the case, although I do know that Amtrak is (or perhaps was) involved in the case and Woodstock PD has given statements.

I'd appreciate links, if you have them, to where in news articles it says Mt Vernon and IL State LE are involved, and also where they have said Beth didn't leave on her own free will or that Scott B is cleared of suspicion.

Please don't get me wrong. These have been circulating on FB as facts and I understand that. It's just that here on WS anything said on FB is considered rumor, and I'd like all of these items to be nailed down once and for all with links.

Snipped and BBM

Thanks for the summary. I can't find anything in the media that says which LE are on the case, although I do know that Amtrak is (or perhaps was) involved in the case and Woodstock PD has given statements.

I'd appreciate links, if you have them, to where in news articles it says Mt Vernon and IL State LE are involved, and also where they have said Beth didn't leave on her own free will or that Scott B is cleared of suspicion.

Please don't get me wrong. These have been circulating on FB as facts and I understand that. It's just that here on WS anything said on FB is considered rumor, and I'd like all of these items to be nailed down once and for all with links.

Here is the article about LE. I'm not sure about Scott being cleared. I don't think LE would come right out and say that, but if I find and article to support that I will post the quote and link.

Woodstock police are working with several different law enforcement agencies on this case, including the Centralia Police Department, the Amtrak police, and Illinois State Police.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7477571

There's a post on the FB page to the effect that Beth, JW, RR and another unidentified man were together at the Frosty Mug on the Friday night before she disappeared, and that the waitress is familiar with RR. As of two days ago, no one from LE had interviewed that waitress, and it would seem to me to be very basic that they do so. Not only could the waitress give a description of the second man, but she could no doubt identify other people, regulars perhaps, who were there at the time to see if they saw or heard anything that could turn out to be helpful.

Is it my understanding that the husband hasn't been cleared?

I think the waitress would know RR's bro. She was familiar with the other three.

Funny, neither Mt Vernon or Woodstock Police have anything relating to Beth missing on either of their web sites.

Woodstock Crime Stopper Cases/Press Releases/Crime Alerts

Mt Vernon Illinois Police Department Announcements and News Posts

Centralia Police do not have area to post bulletins.

http://www.city.centralia.il.us/index.pl?id=2361

They may believe one of two things.

1. Beth took off with another man.

2. She is no longer with us and they don't have a missing person that is alive.

Snipped and BBM

[*] LE involved>> Woodstock police are working with several different law enforcement agencies on this case, including the Centralia Police Department, the Amtrak police, and Illinois State Police.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news%2Flocal&id=7477571

The other articles are now archived and can't view without paying
yesterday I could view them :( now I get some news bank search not available message

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnl.newsbank.com%2Fnl-search%2Fwe%2FArchives%3Fp_action%3Ddoc%26p_docid%3D1301931B2BBE41E8%26p_docnum%3D1&h=fdd25

The FAQ States ..
Scott, Beth's husband, is devastated and has been completely ruled out of any suspicions.

I said we had EXHAUSTED the 3 points I brought up.. LE have not publicly ruled out her leaving on her own.. but how could they sort of finding a body?

I don't think I said Mt Vernon LE are on the case.. area locally was being handled by IL State LE

hope this helps

there are a lot of ILS LE in Centrailia today like maybe something is up also
was posted by one of the locals on the FB page

If the ILS LE in Centralia relates to this case, then would that mean that there's even still a possibility that JW last saw her there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500