Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

This isn't that strange. If her step dad has been around for most of her life, it makes sense. My future child will at least have my step dad's middle name. He raised me, and I consider him my dad. I've accidentally given his family history at the doctor before! Haha.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you! I guess we will see how this plays out. I have a feeling it won't be as innocent as it appears. I do hope and pray I am 1000% wrong and will gladly eat crow daily if so!! We have seen a few cases in my time around here not play out favorably in these kinds of cases.

Thank you! I guess we will see how this plays out. I have a feeling it won't be as innocent as it appears. I do hope and pray I am 1000% wrong and will gladly eat crow daily if so!! We have seen a few cases in my time around here not play out favorably in these kinds of cases.
I don't claim to know who the baby's father is. I don't feel comfortable speculating. I'm just speaking about the name. I have friends who changed their names to their step dad's, too. The only reason I didn't is because it will change when I get married. I just wanted to give some perspective from a step family. :)

There are pictures of her father/step father on both of her Facebook pages. Since he's named, can we post those here?

Also, this could all actually be perfectly innocent. Who called in that they were missing?

This baby is beautiful! It breaks my heart to know the life he has been born into. Poor little fellow.

The backstory is going to be ugly. Where is KD's mom in all of this? Why are we not hearing from her? Why was KD not living at home so Mommy could help her 13 year old child with the newborn?

All answers to these questions, even though unspoken at this moment, are telling in themselves. I hope and pray that the adult took her and the baby for protection from something unknown to us. Could he have taken her to a state that would permit them to marry, therefore, he would not be in legal trouble? Wait! First he would have to divorce KD's mother, right?

This baby is beautiful! It breaks my heart to know the life he has been born into. Poor little fellow.

The backstory is going to be ugly. Where is KD's mom in all of this? Why are we not hearing from her? Why was KD not living at home so Mommy could help her 13 year old child with the newborn?

All answers to these questions, even though unspoken at this moment, are telling in themselves. I hope and pray that the adult took her and the baby for protection from something unknown to us. Could he have taken her to a state that would permit them to marry, therefore, he would not be in legal trouble? Wait! First he would have to divorce KD's mother, right?
If you go to KD's shared FB pages, it seems the mom has been in the hospital and maybe just got out, and her daughter's went to stay with relatives in the interim. No mention of stepdad.

Teen girl and infant son missing from Madison County
Read more here:​
http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/article102631492.html#storylink=cpy
http://www.bnd.com/news/local/crime/article102631492.html#storylink=cpy

This article has a photo of the stepdad.
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 690
https://www.facebook.com/chris.derleth.9

IMO, this Chris should have been shot on the spot.....looks like Mom has been sick recently, hospital stay. But, this child didn't JUST get pregnant. No....10months ago...be daggone if he would have been in my life, in my sight, or above the ground unless police got to him first and he was in prison. No, just no. Blood relation or not, this is a CHILD only 13 yrs old....apparently only 12 when pregnant. Dead SOB IMO!

Please let her and the baby be OK and found SOON and put in a stable environment!!!!!!

I'll have my eyes looking for them in VA.

It does appear there was a plan, and hopefully that plan was shared with someone on where they were heading. It was out of state is all saw posted so far.

My gosh...baby only 2 weeks old...I remember healing from childbirth...can't imagine 13yrs old and healing and traveling. Poor babies, both of them.

Maybe she was staying withe the father of her child's family?
Maybe it was time for a peternity test and the two were fleeing that situation?

I'm glad this was posted. This is fairly local to me, and I was going to post the thread if it hadn't been posted already.

The step-dad has some court records showing up. Just search "Madison County Illinois court records" to find the circuit clerk's office. I can't access it at work right now, but I noticed some things that could be relevant right before coming to work this morning.

I believe there was a divorce for Christopher in 2009, or somewhere thereabouts. I don't know if that was a marriage prior to marrying KD's mom, or a divorce from her mom (I didn't have time to see everything before coming to work, sorry).

(Snipped)

I'm glad this was posted. This is fairly local to me, and I was going to post the thread if it hadn't been posted already.

The step-dad has some court records showing up. Just search "Madison County Illinois court records" to find the circuit clerk's office. I can't access it at work right now, but I noticed some things that could be relevant right before coming to work this morning.

I believe there was a divorce for Christopher in 2009, or somewhere thereabouts. I don't know if that was a marriage prior to marrying KD's mom, or a divorce from her mom (I didn't have time to see everything before coming to work, sorry). (Snipped)
He married mom in 2011.

Sent from my SCH-I545

Methinks this situation is going to become more unspeakable than it already is.

I hope KD and her baby are not harmed any more than they already have been. :(
:moo:

Where is 13 year old's mother? Any updates?

Anybody know why this apparently doesn't fit the criteria for an Amber Alert?

Just a guess here but if the girls mother doesn't report her as missing or abducted, and she's with a parent (even if step dad) then it doesn't qualify? ( I hope someone has correct answer) There was no proof of abduction

I'm dying to know. What IS the right answer? I was just answering your question with a "guess"

This story is confusing, refers to him as her stepfather, then as her father, then at the end again as the step father. http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/poli...-13-year-old-and-her-2-week-old-son/320487392

Have you read something I haven't tealgrove? She is young to be a mother but I haven't read anything yet naming the baby's father. I do note the infant is presumably named for the stepfather/father..

I haven't read anything that you haven't Ticya. I don't know who the baby's father is, however, the father of the baby, whoever that is, IMO committed statutory rape. Now, that might be a teenager or.....I don't know. But whoever it is should be in jail. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

I haven't read anything that you haven't Ticya. I don't know who the baby's father is, however, the father of the baby, whoever that is, IMO committed statutory rape. Now, that might be a teenager or.....I don't know. But whoever it is should be in jail. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think so.
Yes, absolutely the father of the baby should be in big trouble. Especially since she was most likely closer to 12, when she got pregnant. :( I suppose it's possible that it was a peer?

I'd think that whoever her medical provider is, would report if they suspected abuse. It's the law. Ugh. These poor kids!

Thetelegraph.com is reporting a news conference will be held any moment now by Madison County SO but I can't find any news link for it?!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back