Found Alive IL - KD, 13, & CD, 2 weeks, Madison County, 18 Sept 2016 *Arrest*

For some reason the video wouldn't play for me. What exactly is her stepfather charged with?

He's charged with
aggravated kidnapping, a class X felony. It refers to the removal of the baby from the state of Illinois. CMDs bond is set at $200,000

Did I hear right that the infant AND step-father are BOTH named Christopher?

According to the KSDK link, they are finally issuing an Amber Alert in West Virginia. And, yes, to the poster above me, regarding the names...

Edited to add that my heart goes out to that poor baby and mom. I really hope they are found safe and soon. A baby is not easy to take care of in optimal conditions, I couldn't imagine how hard it would be for a new mom trying to do all that on the run.

I didn't catch it from the beginning. I never heard that he was being charged with anything, just that being a new very young mom with a 2wk old baby they may both need medical care.
They kept coming at it from that angle. One person mentioned if you look at Bond Co court records you could see an ongoing case. Something about the girl was not supposed to be with him. Sorry it got a little sketchy. I looked at Bond Co under both him and his wife and found only traffic, dui and misdemeanor cases. Nothing like a restraining order.

I can't search anymore, teens with soccer games. Maybe someone can look at surrounding counties?

ETA: I see above he is charged with kidnapping. Does this imply the the mom was taken unwillingly? I'm not sure how it fits together legally

This situation made the Daily Mail:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-old-son-gone-missing-teen-s-stepfather.html

I wonder if abuse wasn't reported. Seems like the other shoe was dropping--why else disappear?
From this link:

On Monday, the 39-year-old man was charged with aggravated kidnapping and child abduction.

Madison County State’s Attorney Tom Gibbons said during a press conference that a 'no contact order' had been previously issued against Mr D barring him from interacting with his stepdaughter, who at one point had lived with him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just had the Amber Alert interrupted local news station a few minutes ago. So sad. Will be keeping my eyes peeled and pray that they are found safe. No matter the particulars, this is a sad situation to be sure.

Clearly the past has not been good, the present is not good and who knows what the future holds. This child and her child need to be found quickly. I can't imagine being on the run with a 2 week old baby and being a child myself.

If CD was ordered to have no contact with KD, (IMO) there's a good reason why he's on the run with her and the baby...I hope they are safe.

I agree...this isn't some good stepdad protecting them. I wish it was I so do! But there just isn't a scenario now in which that fits the bill. IMO

I wish there were because that would mean they would be 100% safe.

Gosh I want them safe so badly. Let's just hope.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back