IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why for this to have been a "hit" the Lt would have had to have been complicit.

Remember he's the one who radioed in and said he was pursuing the three young men. Why would he do that if they were not there?

I can see how it fits if he were staging his own (intentional or unintentional) suicide. But how does that fit in with it being a "hit?"

Agreed. I'm thinking suicide until the coroner states the manner. LE found the 3 guys and cleared them. Plus why not take the gun that has your fingerprints on it if they did indeed use his gun. Jmo

He was either very late for work, if he was supposed to be on at 7 or quite early if he was on at 8. It seems that he didn't report that he was going to the site, out of suspicion, but called in after he had arrived there. How long was he there? All of this can probably be answered, but we do not know his timeline that day. JMO

Agreed. I'm thinking suicide until the coroner states the manner. LE found the 3 guys and cleared them. Plus why not take the gun that has your fingerprints on it if they did indeed use his gun. Jmo

Are there fingerprints on the gun??? JMO I waver all the time about suicide or hit but I keep trying to see how someone else killed him, because I don't believe the 3 people story anymore. Just me, I guess. JMO

According to the radio call, Lt G never said "young" men. I think earlier discussions about who would likely be up and about at that time led many to conclude it could be high school kids, but we have not been told in any official way the three were young.

He was either very late for work, if he was supposed to be on at 7 or quite early if he was on at 8. It seems that he didn't report that he was going to the site, out of suspicion, but called in after he had arrived there. How long was he there? All of this can probably be answered, but we do not know his timeline that day. JMO

Steelman's map shows just how close the police department is to the crime scene. If Lt G was to start at 8 AM that morning, he was not way early at all, IMO. If he started at 7 AM, this could've been one of the first areas he patrolled once he rolled out, after roll call, etc. IMO

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.kdNsSY53CGeU

Agree khaki, but we really don't know, do we? JMO

No idea, here, but I still have not heard or seen any evidence that 3 people were spotted. Maybe he was meeting someone at the site. Just a thought. JMO

I would like to know why he didn't go straight to work and went straight to a seedy area near a swamp.

When he realized things were going south for him and decided he wanted back-up? We have no idea how long he was there before he reported the 3 people. JMO

This was the first issue that didn't make sense to me.But it is entirely possible he saw people in the open area of the cement yard (perhaps they were walking towards Honing Rd. ?) while he was on Rollins and doubled back to come up on them from the other side,he may not have radioed until getting to Honing and knowing he would confront them.That would be possible within the time line.

It was an area he was responsible for patrolling,there's many legitimate reasons for him to have been on Honing Rd. even at the onset of his shift,it was apparently not out of character based on his past performance.

As for other possibilities,although I really doubt suicide,ChuzLife's point about dogs being unable to pick up the suspect(s) scent raises that concern.I missed seeing anything about the involvement of tracking dogs in the news ,unfortunately I'm not familiar with how reliable that method is.

Maybe the first arriving unit who was near by helped stage the suicide or accidental self-shot to look more like a homicide.

Alot of officers would want their LT to go out and be remembered courageously with a big funeral.

If dna was left behind. It could be from someone who cried or kissed on the officer while he was taking his last breath. So he could have had someone already there and waiting for him.

Idk. Just thinking at the moment until the coroner tells us more.

Steelman's map shows just how close the police department is to the crime scene. If Lt G was to start at 8 AM that morning, he was not way early at all, IMO. If he started at 7 AM, this could've been one of the first areas he patrolled once he rolled out, after roll call, etc. IMO

It was reported that he was ON HIS WAY to work, so no roll call, If that is the usual procedure. JMO

No idea, here, but I still have not heard or seen any evidence that 3 people were spotted. Maybe he was meeting someone at the site. Just a thought. JMO

Yep but there's no reason to believe the 3 were ever together anywhere besides the cement yard.....Seems like an optimal secluded meeting place.Maybe 2 locals on foot met a 3rd party who parked a vechicle towards the animal hospital or elsewhere.They had enough time to exit and disappear into morning rush hour etc,etc.

All just hinky to me. Gotta take a break from it,LOL Later, All. JMO

It took my boyfriend and I 5 minutes to go from the Fox Lake Police Department to the crime scene.

I need to upload photos from yesterday and to. How do I do that here?

In the reply box, click on the 4th little icon in the box that starts with world. its the photo icon. then follow the instructions.

I need to upload photos from yesterday and to. How do I do that here?

Save them on your computer and then add them via insert image icon which will get the pic from the designated file on your computer.

Or load them to the Internet and then add via insert image icon and put the url image address of said pictures.

For this to have been a "hit" the Lt would have had to have been complicit in hos own execution.

Remember he's the one who radioed in and said he was pursuing three suspects. Why would he do that if they were not there?

I can see how it fits if he were staging his own (intentional or unintentional) suicide. But how does that fit in with this being a "hit?"

When he realized things were going south for him and decided he wanted back-up?

I'm sorry - you lost me.

We have no idea how long he was there before he reported the 3 people. JMO

True. However it wouldn't take much to establish and to confirm that timeline. Especially if he went to the fitness center on the way into work.

But you are still missing one of my points. "If this was a 'HIT', how do you reconcile that with his report of his pursuit of three suspects that most likely were not actually there? And, how do you reconcile that with him being shot with his own gun?

How many 'hits' do you know of where the HitMan plans the encounter, tricks the victim into falsely reporting suspects and then has the ability to wrestle the victims own gun away from him and then use that as the murder weapon? AND THEN to disappear from the scene and leave no trail that the K9's can detect or follow?

That's quite a hit.

As for other possibilities,although I really doubt suicide,ChuzLife's point about dogs being unable to pick up the suspect(s) scent raises that concern.I missed seeing anything about the involvement of tracking dogs in the news ,unfortunately I'm not familiar with how reliable that method is.

"Following the shooting, numerous local law enforcement officers from northern Illinois, 48 K9 units, six air-support units, the Illinois State Police and multiple local and federal SWAT teams, Covelli said. FBI agents, ATF and U.S. Marshals were also helping to track down the suspects."

http://patch.com/illinois/grayslake/fox-lake-schools-closed-manhunt-continues-0

I'm sorry - you lost me.

True. However it wouldn't take much to establish and to confirm that timeline. Especially if he went to the fitness center on the way into work.

But you are still missing one of my points. "If this was a 'HIT', how do you reconcile that with his report of his pursuit of three suspects that most likely were not actually there? And, how do you reconcile that with him being shot with his own gun?

How many 'hits' do you know of where the HitMan plans the encounter, tricks the victim into falsely reporting suspects and then has the ability to wrestle the victims own gun away from him and then use that as the murder weapon? AND THEN to disappear from the scene and leave no trail that the K9's can detect or follow?

That's quite a hit.

What if three people were there and they were in on it? He saw them, called them in, took off in pursuit and met his end? The whole thing could have been orchestrated, like someone set a trap.

Are we sure he was shot with his own weapon? That would change things, imo, and no way could that have been planned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa