IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is nwherald a subscription only site? I ask cause anytime I click on a link or google an article where it comes up the site won't open for me. TIA.

Is nwherald a subscription only site? I ask cause anytime I click on a link or google an article where it comes up the site won't open for me. TIA.
If you do not have a subscription, sometimes you can read articles by answering a few questions.

He is demanding that the death be ruled a suicide. Sounds like he had a hand in the murder.....

I'm thinking things through (as best I can) to their logical conclusions and I can't reconcile this being a 'murder' with the fact that K9's from multiple agencies were unable to pick up and follow any scent trails at all. No "suspects" caught on video, etc.

May I ask how you reconcile those things yourself - given the fact that the LT was "on foot" and most likely killed with his own weapon?

If you do not have a subscription, sometimes you can read articles by answering a few questions.

Thank's, but I mean the site won't open for me at all. The url in my browser will just blink over and over and the screen remains white.

Thank's, but I mean the site won't open for me at all. The url in my browser will just blink over and over and the screen remains white.
Sorry Solitaryone, I misunderstood you. Multitasking here lol.

Maybe try dumping it from your cache?

In the meantime, I have found that Joseph A Battaglia retired from The Chicago Police Department in May 2012 as an Officer with 23 years of service.

He obviously tried to pin it on the 3 men if this was a suicide. The police found the 3 men who were the supposed suspects and clear them through receipts and video. So how many 3 groups of men out there that consists of 2 whites and 1 black which was the description given.

LE confirmed the 3 were in the area at the time but was innocent due to video, receipts and whatever else.

Plus the officer doesn't mention about to pursue on foot.

Now I wonder if this retired cop has ever worked with or hung out with the Lt. Or wad there any bad blood between them to the point where he wants to expose the Lt or LE actions.

I tried to find a Facebook for joseph. But was unsuccessful.

He obviously try to pin it on the 3 men if this was a suicide. The police found the 3 men who were the supposed suspects and clear them through receipts and video. So how many 3 groups of men out there that consists of 2 whites and 1 black which was the description given.

LE confirmed the 3 were in the area at the time but was innocent due to video, receipts and whatever else.

Plus the officer doesn't mention about to pursue on foot.

Now I wonder if this retired cop has ever worked with or hung out with the Lt. Or wad there any bad blood between them to the point where he wants to expose the Lt or LE actions.

I tried to find a Facebook for joseph. But was unsuccessful.

Great post Dexter! Thank you very much.

According to a press release Sunday morning from the Lake County Sheriff's Office, someone called the coroner's office at 2 p.m. Friday, blocking the phone number so caller identification would not work. The caller said he was a "retired police officer" and made threats against "all of the Task Force members" and others investigating the Gliniewicz death unless that death was declared a suicide.

[...]

Judge Veronica O'Malley ordered Battaglia to surrender any firearms and his FOID card, and to have no contact, directly or indirectly, with Lake County officials in the coroner's office, as well as Filenko. That ban includes social media, she said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...e-police-shooting-threats-20150913-story.html

How? I read that earlier today and snooped around but did not find anything. As a retired LEhe sure was taking a risk by making that threat. Don't have any idea if he is really angry about the investigation, or if he is just nuts. I guess if he has information we won't hear about it, all I can think is that he is either really angry or he knows something about this. JMO.....or nuts.

I'm thinking things through (as best I can) to their logical conclusions and I can't reconcile this being a 'murder' with the fact that K9's from multiple agencies were unable to pick up and follow any scent trails at all. No "suspects" caught on video, etc.

May I ask how you reconcile those things yourself - given the fact that the LT was "on foot" and most likely killed with his own weapon?

Which makes it look like a "hit" or a suicide. The last name of the threatening caller is a well-known name in chicago mob, but they are certainly more clever than to have pulled this off. JMO

Which makes it look like a "hit" or a suicide. The last name of the threatening caller is a well-known name in chicago mob, but they are certainly more clever than to have pulled this off. JMO

A "hit" would have to jibe (agree) with the evidence that we have.

For example, the Lt's radio traffic about the three suspects would seem to make him complicit in his own "hit." Three suspects that he could not have viewed from his expected route to the PD. etc.

I love a good conspiracy theory myself. . . but the circumstances so far are leading me towards the conclusion that his was a suicide. And, it's a very sad thing to consider - especially for his family.

No idea, here, but I still have not heard or seen any evidence that 3 people were spotted. Maybe he was meeting someone at the site. Just a thought. JMO

I would like to know why he didn't go straight to work and went straight to a seedy area near a swamp.

No idea, here, but I still have not heard or seen any evidence that 3 people were spotted. Maybe he was meeting someone at the site. Just a thought. JMO

That's why for this to have been a "hit" the Lt would have had to have been complicit.

Remember he's the one who radioed in and said he was pursuing the three young men. Why would he do that if they were not there?

I can see how it fits if he were staging his own (intentional or unintentional) suicide. But how does that fit in with it being a "hit?"

That's why for this to have been a "hit" the Lt would have had to have been complicit.

Remember he's the one who radioed in and said he was pursuing the three young men. Why would he do that if they were not there?

I can see how it fits if he were staging his own (intentional or unintentional) suicide. But how does that fit in with it being a "hit?"

When he realized things were going south for him and decided he wanted back-up? We have no idea how long he was there before he reported the 3 people. JMO

Per cnn

(CNN)Officers have identified and interviewed three people caught on video near the scene of*Fox Lake, Illinois, police Lt. Joe Gliniewicz's*slaying and determined they were not involved in the crime, an investigator said Tuesday during a press conference.

Lake County Major Crime Task Force Commander George Filenko said the men were captured on video taken by a home security system and a truck driver who had a camera in his vehicle the day Gliniewicz* was killed.

"We have confirmed at this point they were not involved in this," he said. "Those individuals have established their whereabouts in that time frame." He did not identify the men.

It might be swampy but that seems to be normal for that whole lake region. As far as seedy, industrial doesn't necessarily mean its seedy. Good grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther