IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a leakfest! This is why we need a presser. Badly. JMO

I don't think we'll get a presser. The media is going to have to stay on this or the officials will just hope it goes away.

If he was shot by another gun, my guess is that would have been leaked, by now. And his death would have been ruled to be a homicide within days. JMO

Re: the non fatal shot.

As japple said if he shot himself in the vest while wearing it he should have bruising.

However, we have at this point no evidence he was wearing the vest when it was shot, that it was shot that morning, nor if that shot was not just a glancing blow that hit nothing but his phone clip.

The gun could have been fired down his body and not toward his body, with the bullet just hitting the protruding phone and/or phone clip and never touching the bullet proof part of the vest.

In regards to the bruising if he shot himself in the vest while wearing it, the bruising will be minimal or none at all since he likely died minutes later and the dis colorization associated with bruising takes time to develope. The trauma will not be dramatically obvious to the naked eye but will be detectable during autopsy.

I also have a question regarding medical care. I apologize if it has been answered but I could not find any details. Did Lt G receive any first aid or CPR from the first officers on scene? Did paramedics treat or transport him to the hospital after they arrived?

First time posting...thank you to everyone who has contributed to the mostly thoughtful and intelligent discussions.

Is it certain the person who called in the three people headed towards the swamp was Lt. Gliniewicz?

Prior to the radio call/s, not even one detail has been released pertaining to his morning routine.
Yet, it has been noted, his voice sounded weird-ish.
The lack of the usual standard reporting continues to bother me.
Has the last person to see the Lt. in person been established?
Had he made any phone calls or plans earlier that morning?

In regards to the bruising if he shot himself in the vest while wearing it, the bruising will be minimal or none at all since he likely died minutes later and the dis colorization associated with bruising takes time to develope. The trauma will not be dramatically obvious to the naked eye but will be detectable during autopsy.

I also have a question regarding medical care. I apologize if it has been answered but I could not find any details. Did Lt G receive any first aid or CPR from the first officers on scene? Did paramedics treat or transport him to the hospital after they arrived?

First time posting...thank you to everyone who has contributed to the mostly thoughtful and intelligent discussions.

:Welcome1:, Boo Radley

Wish I had the answer to your questions.
I've read two different stories - the first was he was still breathing, the second he was found dead.

If he was deceased, that opens up room for other scenarios.
Such as, he may have been killed earlier and the scene was staged.

When was the last time anybody saw him under normal conditions?

Is it certain the person who called in the three people headed towards the swamp was Lt. Gliniewicz?

Prior to the radio call/s, not even one detail has been released pertaining to his morning routine.
Yet, it has been noted, his voice sounded weird-ish.
The lack of the usual standard reporting continues to bother me.
Has the last person to see the Lt. in person been established?
Had he made any phone calls or plans earlier that morning?

I have noted this as well, but it does not seem as though even LE is thinking of that possibility. I think if it wasn't his voice, his family, coworkers, etc... would have probably noticed. That said, perhaps there was already someone with him in the car? I don't know.

I am still pretty curious about that unknown DNA on his gun.

Could it be some factor, like body temperature or something, conflicts with the straightforward circumstances (when the calls came in, when he was found vs. condition/temp. of body)?

Some weird circumstance is holding up the formal determination of COD.

I have noted this as well, but it does not seem as though even LE is thinking of that possibility. I think if it wasn't his voice, his family, coworkers, etc... would have probably noticed. That said, perhaps there was already someone with him in the car? I don't know.

I am still pretty curious about that unknown DNA on his gun.

Since LE refuses to address any questions, we don't know what they are thinking. The only thing I'm sure of is LE doesn't want people believing suicide is the COD (even though Filenko stated every COD remains on the table).
What the heck is taking these authorities so long to make a determination?
Either the case is more complicated than we think or LE fears an egg on their face blow back type reaction to the news,
LE is covering true findings to protect the Lt.'s reputation that may involve hidden wrongdoing on his part too (I hope not),
LE still feels strongly the DNA evidence fits into the scenario somehow, or,
the reason the Lt. was killed or killed himself involves Fox Lake or Lake County politics.

Since LE refuses to address any questions, we don't know what they are thinking. The only thing I'm sure of is LE doesn't want people believing suicide is the COD (even though Filenko stated every COD remains on the table).
What the heck is taking these authorities so long to make a determination?
Either the case is more complicated than we think or LE fears an egg on their face blow back type reaction to the news,
LE is covering true findings to protect the Lt.'s reputation that may involve hidden wrongdoing on his part too (I hope not),
LE still feels strongly the DNA evidence fits into the scenario somehow, or,
the reason the Lt. was killed or killed himself involves Fox Lake or Lake County politics.

COD is gunshot wound MOD is homicide, suicide, accident or undetermined. JMO

I had been listening to the scanner that day/evening but don't want to post my observation here as I don't think I can but it relates to who/ what police were looking for.

Is it illegal to post what you heard on the scanner? I'm new here, and don't know all the rules. Is it illegal or just not allowed on this site? It would be interesting to find out what you heard.

I posted a link to the scanner audio in the scanner thread. Bottom of page 2

Is it illegal to post what you heard on the scanner? I'm new here, and don't know all the rules. Is it illegal or just not allowed on this site? It would be interesting to find out what you heard.

We're not allowed to discuss stuff from scanner here in this thread but there's a dedicated thread for scanner discussions for this case.

Not sure if I can link the thread here.

ETA: And Welcome to you!! :welcome:

Please post your thoughts on the scanner thread. Would love to have your input!

Could it be some factor, like body temperature or something, conflicts with the straightforward circumstances (when the calls came in, when he was found vs. condition/temp. of body)?

Some weird circumstance is holding up the formal determination of COD.

I would imagine body core temperature would be a factor if it was recorded soon after the EMT arrived. But keep in mind it was an unseasonably hot day that day. I can't remember exactly, but it was somewhere in the mid 80's by that time in the morning. And if the body was in sun or shade could also be a factor. Don't know how much this matters, but it makes sense as to how fast the body would cool.

Scanner link is at the bottom of each page under "similar threads". JMO

No idea but they must know people will be clamoring for answers and I would think Rudd will have to rule on manner of death which will hopefully include a presser. I haven't heard much about searching for the Persons of Interest. With such vague discriptions, At this point, I'm sure they were hoping someone would come forward. Also, another thought with regard to agencies pulling out of the search, I think the thought behind so many agencies leaving the investigation and the statement that they were pulling out of the area because there were no suspect(s) to search for was misinterpreted. Many of those agencies came onto the scene specifically due to the very active manhunt. They needed feet on the ground and eyes in the air because they figured they might have time on their side.Once they determined they could not immediately catch the suspects, the additional manpower was no longer needed. The numbers involved dropped again once they completely raked the area for evidence and even less manpower was needed. Everything was turned over to the Lake CountyTask Force to continue the investigation. This does not mean you continue to need 400 additional bodies and multiple agencies and certainly doesn't imply suicide.

Well said, again, tcer14. Thank you for taking the time to share your well reasoned thoughts on this. You make good sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBrown