IL IL - Molly Young, 21, Carbondale, 24 March 2012

Every post that gets made, I just go "seriously? SERIOUSLY?". I hope we can get this thread a little more attention. This is the kind of injustice that needs public outcry to get the wheels spinning.

^^^this!

There are so many things about this case that make no sense, and that is just one of them. Also, how boyfriend states her gave her cpr before 911 was called, yet he stated she was "bleeding out through the nose"--and yet no evidence of blood on his face or mouth from transfer.

Carbondale police arrived first, and by the time Illinois State Police arrived to take over because boyfriend works for Carbondale, boyfriend had both his parents and a lawyer in his apartment. They refused the coroner access to the body at this time, took seven hours for ISP to get a search warrant.

Illinois State's attorney refuses to interview other residents of the apartment building. Refuses to turn over the case to a special prosecuter even though his ties to the boyfriend's family go very deep.

It is heartbreaking and inspiring to watch Molly's family fight for a thorough and impartial investigation of her death. They are in the fight of their lives, and they are not backing down any time soon.

Bolding a few bits for newcomers.

AE I appreciate you. I'm not such a prolific sleuther but this case gets me. Bottom line is State's Attorney says there is not enough evidence to file murder charges. Aside from the blurred lines involved with Carr being the one to make that decision, there's also the issue of...well...of course there is no evidence because everybody and their uncle was allowed to tramp all over the crime scene, refuse access to the body, boyfriend washed his hands and changed his clothes before going to the police station, where he promptly and since then has steadfastly refused to be interviewed.

Btw, the gun used in Molly's supposed suicide was found under her body. Molly was shot in the left side of her temple area with a pretty hefty 45 at a downward trajectory. She was right handed.

I just keep coming back to the fact that the family is not saying, "boyfriend needs to go to jail." Family is saying, "We demand a complete and impartial investigation"

God, seriously?

I can try to nudge some folks this way. I'll change my sig tomorrow.
Well it worked. Your new sig is what got me here and my gosh talk about injustice! So wrong on so many levels.

http://m.thesouthern.com/news/local...11e0-920e-001cc4c03286.html?mobile_touch=true

http://carbondaletimes.com/2912police

FWIW, Carbondale Police Cheif Jody O'Guinn is involved in another highly publicized "incident" where his personal handgun was stolen from his vehicle at his residence.

O'Guinn waited a week before reporting his gun stolen, and then sometime later the numbers on the report were somehow changed and the report was mistakenly lost in Animal Control reports.

Gun was late used in the murder of 20 year-old Deaunta Spencer.
How convenient, eh?
Sounds like a full and complete house cleaning is past due.

MOO

Thanks for coming by. I know there is no explaining why one case catches people's attention and another doesn't, but this one is pretty messed up. When I first clicked the link I expected it to be a father who just didn't want to believe the worst about his daughter, then I got to the inconsistencies and the boyfriend working for LE.

This is confusing me. Where was the gun? If she committed suicide then the gun should have been right in the vicinity of her head. There should have been blood coming from her head. If she overdosed then the amount of blood coming from her nose should have been minimal compared to the blood coming from her head from a gunshot wound. The roommate says that there was a substantial amount of blood. I read through this pretty fast so maybe I missed something. My deepest sympathy to the father and the rest of her family. I hope if this guy is guilty that he gets arrested and goes to jail/prison soon. Also if she overdosed then there should be pill bottles or pills lying around, not to mention she should have had pills in the contents of her stomach.

Legalmania, the speculation is that the boyfriend, being a police dispatcher himself, stated suicide on the 911 call because he was aware that if he said gunshot the media would be all over everything right away.

I believe the coroners report stated that Molly had "well under the therapeutic amount" of an anti-anxiety med, and also a therapeutic amount of benedryl in her system.

Molly had been depressed and suicidal in the past-LE cited a suicide note found in her bedroom at her parents house (which apparently was searched quite thoroughly, unlike the scene of her death). LE has used this note to push the suicide theory, however Molly's family and friends state this "note" was an undated page in one of her journals from two years ago.

There are also a series of texts in question-in question because according to Molly's father on the justiceformolly Facebook, Molly's phone had been tampered with to change the time zone. Interestingly, police couldn't run forensics on the boyfriend's or the roomate's phones because they wouldn't "sync up" with the analyzing software. Fwiw, the boyfriend's father is a forensic IT analyst for Carbondale PD.

After reading the coroner's inquest, I had questions myself as to whether or not Molly could have done this herself. By "this", I mean shot herself in the left side of her head (she was right handed) in a small bedroom right next to her boyfriend, with the roommate probably in the apartment at the time, less than two hours after being lured to her on-and-off boyfriend's apartment by a cry for help, and neither of them heard a thing.

My bet is not on suicide, but what keeps me hooked into this case is the grace and perseverance of Molly's father, who is repeatedly and simply asking for a complete and thorough investigation.

Thank you for reading!!

http://m.thesouthern.com/news/local...11e0-920e-001cc4c03286.html?mobile_touch=true

http://carbondaletimes.com/2912police

FWIW, Carbondale Police Cheif Jody O'Guinn is involved in another highly publicized "incident" where his personal handgun was stolen from his vehicle at his residence.

O'Guinn waited a week before reporting his gun stolen
, and then sometime later the numbers on the report were somehow changed and the report was mistakenly lost in Animal Control reports.

Gun was late used in the murder of 20 year-old Deaunta Spencer.

Immediate suspension pending investigation with likelihood of termination for this every. day. of. the. week.
in any other jurisdiction/LE force.

Legalmania, the speculation is that the boyfriend, being a pol

That is just crazy. Why would he even come up with O.D. story? He didn't notice she was shot? He didn't call 911 until approx. 4 hrs. later? This guy is obviously lying, I wonder why. His story doesn't even come close to the truth. I hope the media doesn't lose interest in this story. If the media pushes it then the people will follow. Good luck Hejlena for doing what you can to keep this story alive. The father needs us all.

Also, Legalmania, the gun was found under her body and there was evidence she had been moved. There was blood spatter on boyfriends pajama bottoms and I think a closet door.

Interestingly, the first officer from ISP to investigate repeatedly referred to the boyfriend as "the suspect" (no one has been named as a suspect in this case), and wrote that judging from the wound and evidence present, the shooter had likely stood on the bed over Molly as she was shot.

Legalmania, the speculation is that the boyfriend, being a police dispatcher himself, stated suicide on the 911 call because he was aware that if he said gunshot the media would be all over everything right away.

I believe the coroners report stated that Molly had "well under the therapeutic amount" of an anti-anxiety med, and also a therapeutic amount of benedryl in her system.

Molly had been depressed and suicidal in the past-LE cited a suicide note found in her bedroom at her parents house (which apparently was searched quite thoroughly, unlike the scene of her death). LE has used this note to push the suicide theory, however Molly's family and friends state this "note" was an undated page in one of her journals from two years ago.

There are also a series of texts in question-in question because according to Molly's father on the justiceformolly Facebook, Molly's phone had been tampered with to change the time zone. Interestingly, police couldn't run forensics on the boyfriend's or the roomate's phones because they wouldn't "sync up" with the analyzing software. Fwiw, the boyfriend's father is a forensic IT analyst for Carbondale PD.

:headdesk:

I try not to make posts without much content, but this case keeps leaving with nothing to say but: SERIOUSLY?

Edit: Ok, a few things: Dad's in LE too, we don't know how many other ties the boyfriend has to the law enforcement establishment there, but it sounds like he must have been confident the boys were going to take care of it for him.

Keeping it in the forefront of the public eye is critical, and the family--with over 22,000 supporters is doing just that! Looks like all of Southern Illinois is being blanketed with green Justice for Molly billboards, yard signs, and bumper stickers! I do believe they may get their day in court.

What was the bf's explanation for texting M*lly "Help Me".....

Has he ever answered that?

I don't do Facebook; do they have a donation conduit of any kind?

<modsnip>

Legalmania, apparently Molly texted the boyfriend's roomate (or someone texted the boyfriend's roomate from Molly's phone) stating that the boyfriend had gotten drunk and vomited all over himself and "needed help cleaning himself up".

One last interesting tidbit: Molly's boyfriend had fresh scratches on his side/back when police arrived. When questioned about these scratches, he stated they must have happened when he was giving Molly CPR. Three and a half hours after her approximate time of death, mind you.

<modsnip>

Neither boyfriend or roomate's DNA was ever tested.

Also, Legalmania, the gun was found under her body and there was evidence she had been moved. There was blood spatter on boyfriends pajama bottoms and I think a closet door.

Interestingly, the first officer from ISP to investigate repeatedly referred to the boyfriend as "the suspect" (no one has been named as a suspect in this case), and wrote that judging from the wound and evidence present, the shooter had likely stood on the bed over Molly as she was shot.

Do you know why anyone would want Molly dead?

<modsnip>

Legalmania, apparently Molly texted the boyfriend's roomate (or someone texted the boyfriend's roomate from Molly's phone) stating that the boyfriend had gotten drunk and vomited all over himself and "needed help cleaning himself up".

One last interesting tidbit: Molly's boyfriend had fresh scratches on his side/back when police arrived. When questioned about these scratches, he stated they must have happened when he was giving Molly CPR. Three and a half hours after her approximate time of death, mind you.

<modsnip>

You're killing me with this stuff! Unbelievable.

Where are you getting the info from? Do we know of she had other wounds or signs of assault?

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

What? Somebody is hiding something. Either LE did a poor job in their investigation or maybe Molly knew something and someone was afraid she was going to talk? Keep pushing this story Hejlena, have you tried to write someone from the DOJ?

<modsnip>

<modsnip>

Thank you for clearing up the text messages with the backstory. The "Help Me" text and the other one from roomie saying "He's sleeping" just didn't make sense on their own.
Now it does......ty!

Most Dispatchers have to go through a fairly lengthy hiring process involving interviews, testing, and certification. I wonder if the normal hiring protocol was followed in this particular case? And if not and the bf was "juiced in" due to family being in LE, perhaps there's a lawsuit waiting to happen? These types of jobs are typically given to whomever scores the highest in a variety of tests and interviews. Did the municipality bypass a better candidate to "juice in" the bf?
Not ethical, not acting responsibly to the taxpayer, and could lead to a lawsuit, imho.

:seeya:

You're killing me with this stuff! Unbelievable.

Where are you getting the info from? Do we know of she had other wounds or signs of assault?

Most of this information, I think I have rightly qualified what is to be considered rumor, is included in the 109 page coroner's inquest and the two police reports linked upthread.

I have to admit a bias toward not a suicide based on what I have read. Problem is, without an investigation, we will never know, and this this much hinky--how could they not investigate is where I'm coming from.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back