IL - Olamide Adeyooye, 21, Normal, 13 Oct 2005

Burned Body IDed as ISU Student

Illinois investigators suspected the body could be that of Adeyooye because physical descriptions matched and the fire occurred just four days after she disappeared. They also said the burned building is near Interstate 55, which also passes through Normal.
Sounds like whoever did this jumped on I-55 and just kept driving south.

Another article states:

"As far as the cause of death, we believe she was already deceased when the body was dropped off in Newton County (Mississippi)," Newton County Sheriff Jackie Knight said. "We have investigators from Illinois here with us but we believe the actual death took place in Illinois."
NPD must have found more evidence at Olamide's apartment than what they released to the public. Something caused them to consider this a crime prior to finding her body and something has them convinced that she was murdered in IL. I hope that they are close to making an arrest.

I wonder where Olamide's car is?

Somebody, somewhere has to have seen it.

....just like with the Taylor Behl case, there is an "acting/modeling" connection here...She lists her interests in acting and modeling on her MySpace account....Probably another nutjob like Fawley... taking advantage of young girls...

cappuccina said:
....just like with the Taylor Behl case, there is an "acting/modeling" connection here...She lists her interests in acting and modeling on her MySpace account....Probably another nutjob like Fawley... taking advantage of young girls...
yep, and another girl with a myspace account :(

I agree with Brains & no Bull as well ... Sounds like someone hopped on I-55 and kept driving and dropped the body off where no one was around. Mighty scary because I live near 1-55 :(
The sick-o probably put her in the trunk in the missing blanket :mad:

I wonder where her car is? In the Mississippi River? Dumped off the side of the road? Who could just go missing overnight to dump a body and not be noticed? A college student perhaps? Someoen with no family? A Ben Fawley type?

How awfully sad...may her murder get caught soon.

Think it was posted earlier that her myspace or lj was fake..reported by friends earlier on this thread by friends..so it was taken down.

:doh: but who knows whom to believe on anything....

prayers for friends and family

• Police still looking for Olamide's vehicle.
  • Can not comment on injuries or cause of death.
  • Believe that she was murdered in IL.
  • Reporters waiting for news conference at Holiday Inn with Olamide's family.
  • Family's faith has helped them get through the last few days.
  • Police: Not sure if this was a random act, but Twin Cities is still safe community.
  • Memorial for Olamide at ISU sometime next week.
They also showed some pictures of the burned barn. It was rubble.

Maybe someone "displaced" north by Hurricane Katrina from MS returned her to where they felt comfortable...

Awww...what a shame. I was really hoping this wasn't her.

Prayers for her family and friends during their dark hours......

I was possibly thinking that whoever was responsible for this, may still actually be driving her car, going as far away as possible. Wonder if it's possible for LE to post a National watch for the vehicle, and notify as many gas stations as possible to be on the lookout for it.

Very sad for the family! at least they know now and lets hope there is plenty of evidence that didnt get burned,sounds like the killer must have known the area.

oh god, how utterly heartbreaking. what kills me is not that she is a more valuable person because of her physical beauty, but it is a such a loss that she was so smart, a great student, well-loved & socially well-adjusted, and she seemed poised to make a extraordinary contribution to civilized society as a hard-working, well-educated person, and especially in a field long dominated by men...
all snuffed out by some low-life loser pervert subhuman scum who should have been executed before he got a chance to do this.

(notice how i said "he" automatically... how many women do you see doing this kind of thing??)

is it my imagination or does this seem to be happening more and more?? what is going on???

An Unexplainable End

Normal Lt. Mark Kotte declined to comment on the cause of Adeyooye's death or when police think she was killed. He said it is "under investigation as to how her body arrived there or how she got to Mississippi, and we can't comment on that right now due to the investigation." Within hours of the announcement of Adeyooye's death, officers blocked public entry to the parking lot of an apartment complex and investigators searched at an apartment Wednesday night at 917 Market St., Normal, a few doors west of Adeyooye's apartment. Police were at the apartment for hours, and set up a generator, took pictures and scanned with ultraviolet light.

Two neighbors said police squad cars have been in the same parking lot all week. Kotte and police at the scene refused to say if the search was connected to the woman's killing and it was not clear who lived in the apartment.

I just searched the Illinois Sex Offender Registry for Olamide's 61761 zip code.

The 27th person listed lives in an apartment at 908 Market St in Normal.

(I am not posting a direct link out of respect for his privacy. You will have to hunt his info down. He is the only listing for Market St in Normal and is the second person listed on the second page.)

Olamide lived in an apartment at 907 Market St in Normal.

Police need to contact this guy and see if he has been on any recent road trips to Mississippi - or if he is even in Normal anymore.

as much as she was on the 'net (if she really did have a myspace acct.), it's sad she didn't do a sex offender search (or maybe she did?)
god, you gotta be so paranoid these days, but i'm so glad the public has access to that info now... thanks to the determined efforts of parents who've lost their kids to this scum that walks among us. i would bet anything this is the guy, i mean he's right there nearby, it would be the most obvious choice,, especially since his previous crime was AGGRAVATED CRIMINAL SEXUAL ASSAULT & CRIMINAL ASSULT/FORCE (i.e., RAPE, obviously, or attempted rape) of someone under 18!!!

something has got to give. now that our society has the means to keep track of these animals and post their pics for all to see, why are they still allowed to continue roaming around killing people?? why is their "right" to freedom greater than OUR right to be FREE to live and function in a safe environment, without getting murdered by them?

another thought,, now that all this sex offender info is so readily available, i think PARENTS need to check and see if there are any WHERE THEIR KID IS LIVING, wherever that might be. and ALERT THEIR CHILD about who is living nearby. the young person has the right to know (as do the parents), and being young carefree people, they might not always think to look. so, at least they will be AWARE, carry mace, and look out for & avoid that person if at all possible... maybe even take a self-defense class.

it's sad that we have to live this way... but as long as our society considers it OK to have high-level violent sex perverts living comfortably among us, this is what we have to do.

reb said:
another thought,, now that all this sex offender info is so readily available, i think PARENTS need to check and see if there are any WHERE THEIR KID IS LIVING, wherever that might be. and ALERT THEIR CHILD about who is living nearby. the young person has the right to know (as do the parents), and being young carefree people, they might not always think to look. so, at least they will be AWARE, carry mace, and look out for & avoid that person if at all possible... maybe even take a self-defense class.

it's sad that we have to live this way... but as long as our society considers it OK to have high-level violent sex perverts living comfortably among us, this is what we have to do.
Good idea.

This makes me so sad. This happens every single day. It's heartbreaking. As soon as they locate one, two more are missing. So scary. :(

I have a daughter that's a Sr. Thanks to previous posts, I looked at the Megan's Law site for our state. Phew! I feel a little better. There are over 1000 reg in her county, but only 4 or so reg within two miles of where she lives. I have no idea why it makes me feel better that there's so few close to her. After all, it only takes one.

My prayers and condolances to Olamide's family and friends.

JMHO
fran

October 13

• Olamide fights with Ashley that day.
  • Olamide goes to Family Video.
  • Speaks with boyfriend on cell phone from video store and says that she has no plans to go out.
October 14

• Olamide does not show up for work or classes.
  • Friends break into apartment. Find fan and television on. Cell phone on couch. Purse, comforter, car, and keys are missing. Door is locked. Lights are on.
  • Last call made was around 9:30pm Thursday night. Sixty-five missed calls.

October 15

• Family travels to Normal and files a missing persons report.
October 17

• Authorites search for Olamide.
  • Officials at ISU ask for help in the search.
  • Fire set to Mississippi chicken coup.

October 18

• Police do NOT yet expect foul play.
  • Interview with Fox News cancelled.

October 19

• Ashley deletes her myspace.com blog.
  • A report that the comforter had been found. That link is no longer active and the discovery of the comforter has not been mentioned in any other articles. (In fact, the link redirects to http://www.pioneerlocal.com/bogus.html)
  • Police now consider case a criminal investigation.
  • Extended foot search and canines and watercraft used in the search.
  • 11:30 am police and FBI cordon off an area three blocks from Olamide's apartment.
  • Found "personal items" near Olamide's apartment.
  • ISU vigil postponed due to rain.

October 20

• Vigil held at ISU.
  • Police meeting several times a day to keep on top of developments.
  • Police announce that media exposure could help case.
  • Friends and family search parks for Olamide or her car.

October 21

• Ashley is blogging again.
  • Police quiet on progress.
  • Rumours abound at ISU.
  • Police seek interviews with 6 to 8 "persons of interest".
  • Announce that the personal property discovered were documents with Olamide's name.
  • Father pleads for safe return.
  • Body found in burned out chicken coop in Mississippi.

October 22

• Police search rural and wooded areas.
  • Police will not comment on documents or bag found.
  • Dogs track sent from dumpster to Bloomington's westside landfill.

October 23

• Two dozen family and friends search for Olamide.

October 24

• Police announce that it was a bag of documents with Olamide's name on them that was found.
  • Police check Olamide's email, phone calls, and financial records.
  • Dental records to be sent to Mississippi for identification.
October 25

• Police search continues.
  • Police say no indication that Olamide's blog is a factor.
  • Delay in getting dental records from Chicago.

October 26

• Dental records sent to Mississippi.
  • Body identified as being Olamide's.
  • Police search apartment at 917 Market St in Normal. Police set up generator, took pictures, and scanned with ultraviolet light.

She was living next door to a registered sex offender and didn't even know it?
Also, it's great that there is a registry. But, it takes a crime for a sex offender to even MAKE it to the registry. There are countless others out there who haven't been caught yet, living alongside us. Just because someones name is on a registry, doesn't mean there aren't others around.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back