IL IL - Robin Abrams, 28, Beecher, 4 Oct 1990

I think that's a strange way of say that he's declining to speak about the case, period...

About seven months after she disappeared, Marquez and his brother, John Romo, were served with Will County grand jury subpoenas. The grand jury investigating Abrams’ disappearance wanted the men to stand in a witness lineup and provide hair and blood samples, fingerprints and palm prints.

They wanted to see if the witness to the car being dropped off where found would ID these two as being the ones the witness seen that night.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1990-10-09/news/9003230845_1_car-and-purse-clutch-harvey

Illinois State Police began an investigation Monday into the

disappearance of a former Will County Sheriff`s department employee whose car and purse were both found last week in Harvey.

Robin Abrams, 28, was last seen about 4 p.m. Thursday as she was driving along Goodenow Road near Beecher, in eastern Will County, according to her father, Donald Abrams.

<modsnip>

``I don`t think she`s ever been to Harvey,`` said her father, who added that he suspected the car and purse had been planted to implicate people in the community.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1990-10-31/news/9003310159_1_tow-truck-state-police-woman

No Trace Of Missing Woman

State Police Searching For Former Will Sheriff`s Officer

October 31, 1990|By Jerry Shnay.

<modsnip>

Abrams, who was a deputy for nearly a year in 1988, alleged in the lawsuit that she was harassed by both Will County and Joliet police officers because she refused to keep quiet about her relationship with an unpaid member of the sheriff`s part-time auxiliary.

She contended that she was arrested on Dec. 16, 1988, and detained in the sheriff`s building without charges filed against her. And she was charged in August 1989 with reckless driving but was later acquitted.

<modsnip>

Could grand jury subpoenas count as 'criminal matters' that might require disclosure in certain circumstances, does anybody know?

was there any activity on her credit cards after she was reported missing? It would seem odd that those items were taken and not used at all?

There was no activity on the credit cards, use of checks or her social security number.

There was no activity on the credit cards, use of checks or her social security number.

One would certainly think that was a very strong indicator of foul play. I still say talk to the ex boyfriends wife. She knows what happened. Opinion only, of course.

find the wife (or now ex wife?) and get her to talk. She knows.
Or has she "passed on" as well?

Too bad the media doesn't shine a bright light on this case
perhaps the family should erect a billboard like desiree young did? (kyron horman case).

Opinion only!:moo:

bump!

I mean WOW....just WOW. How has this guy gotten away with this?!!??!?!?!
This is just so foul! So obvious! Was he ever polygraphed? I bet I know the answer to that question. What was the tip that led them to look at the foundation of the house? I still say the wife/ex-wife should be questioned/polygraphed. I would bet anything she knows what happened.
The handling of this case is just so outrageous!

This is just so foul! So obvious! Was he ever polygraphed? I bet I know the answer to that question. What was the tip that led them to look at the foundation of the house? I still say the wife/ex-wife should be questioned/polygraphed. I would bet anything she knows what happened.

I agree! It is actually criminal. I wonder if there is a way to sue. Has the family consulted with a lawyer? I think the media should be made aware of this case. Shows such as "48 Hours" and "Dateline" would probably be interested in this case.

Another thought, I wonder if there are new people in LE that have no reason to cover this up, who may want to get to the bottom of this? All you need is one good guy willing to bat for the family.

Maybe she is divorced and may be willing to talk at this point.

Here is another ....
SNIPPED

The last time there appeared to be public movement on the case was in the mid-1990s.

In 1995, state police dug up the basement of a house in Joliet searching for Abrams&#8217; remains. Investigators reportedly believed her body was buried in the foundation of the house, which was built around the time she disappeared.

At that time, Will County State&#8217;s Attorney Jim Glasgow told The Herald News there was &#8220;a mountain of circumstantial evidence&#8221; in the Abrams case.

REALLY????

Here is another ....
SNIPPED

The last time there appeared to be public movement on the case was in the mid-1990s.

In 1995, state police dug up the basement of a house in Joliet searching for Abrams&#8217; remains. Investigators reportedly believed her body was buried in the foundation of the house, which was built around the time she disappeared.

At that time, Will County State&#8217;s Attorney Jim Glasgow told The Herald News there was &#8220;a mountain of circumstantial evidence&#8221; in the Abrams case.

REALLY????

As usual, they are waiting for a body to turn up (maybe) or they are just assigning this case to the dustbin. They need to go to trial with this mountain of circumstantial evidence before the suspects die from old age. I can't believe the injustice.

I wonder if LE still has her car. Maybe there is DNA? Even her purse could have DNA on it. If it has the step-brother's DNA on any of these items, he has some explaining to do. I know it is a looong shot, but there are new techniques in forensics. Maybe they can add to that mountain of circumstantial evidence with some iron clad evidence. I'd follow the men around and confiscate their coffee cups, drinking glasses, forks or spoons from public places to get their DNA. I'd talk with their wives or exgirlfriends too.

Someone towed her car. The tow company was probably hired to tow it. Didn't LE try to track that business down to ask them who paid for the tow?? If they did and it was one of the suspects, who hired that tow, then there is a good chance for a successful conviction, IMO.

Just some thoughts.

I wonder if LE still has her car. Maybe there is DNA? Even her purse could have DNA on it. If it has the step-brother's DNA on any of these items, he has some explaining to do.

SNIPPED
To this day, Robin’s mother, Barbara Abrams, thinks someone wanted her daughter gone for fighting back, said NCMA founder Kym Pasqualini. “This case is very disturbing because her boyfriend was a law enforcement officer.”

A Will County grand jury ordered the officer and his stepbrother to submit hair and blood samples and appear in a line-up.

Their lawyers argued the two weren’t charged with a crime, so the subpoenas were too broad. The Illinois Supreme Court agreed.​

I am assuming that is why they wanted them to give samples - I'm sure they wanted to see if it matched!

Someone towed her car. The tow company was probably hired to tow it. Didn't LE try to track that business down to ask them who paid for the tow?? If they did and it was one of the suspects, who hired that tow, then there is a good chance for a successful conviction, IMO.

SNIPPED
And despite what Walsh said was an overwhelming amount of circumstantial evidence - including fibers in Abrams' car and an eyewitness account that pointed to Abrams' ex-boyfriend and his stepbrother - nobody ever was charged with a crime. Walsh said it was because there was no body.​

"She didn't have a lot of money, she wasn't a high-profile person, but she had a loving family, and it just seems like they brushed it under the rug," she said. "I just don't know if there's anybody who really cares. I mean, she was a human being."​

Very sad.

Out of all the cases I have read on Websleuths, this and the Cleashindra Hall case are the most nose-thumbing flagrant abuses of justice. Very similar in nature with foundations being searched, abuse of power, etc. So, so, so, foul! Where is the D.A. and the Attorney General in this county and state? They need to vigorously examine this case for missteps and abuse. What a wonderful case for the law department of the closest University to study. Perhaps a film student to showcase....post something on YouTube and get it to go viral. It is almost 2014. Perhaps back in 1990 yet (another) woman could be murdered and forgotten (except by her family), but today, this is not acceptable. Woman are no longer disposable in this society. LE, I know you will do the right thing. Vigorously go after the truth and bring this case to closure! Praying for God to guide those involved in this case. Blessings and justice for the family!
POLYGRAPH the P.O.I., his stepbrother, and the P.O.I.'s WIFE or Ex-wife as the case may be. Therein you will find your answers. Turn up the heat LE!

BBM

As usual, they are waiting for a body to turn up (maybe) or they are just assigning this case to the dustbin. They need to go to trial with this mountain of circumstantial evidence before the suspects die from old age. I can't believe the injustice.

I wonder if LE still has her car. Maybe there is DNA? Even her purse could have DNA on it. If it has the step-brother's DNA on any of these items, he has some explaining to do. I know it is a looong shot, but there are new techniques in forensics. Maybe they can add to that mountain of circumstantial evidence with some iron clad evidence. I'd follow the men around and confiscate their coffee cups, drinking glasses, forks or spoons from public places to get their DNA. I'd talk with their wives or exgirlfriends too.

Just some thoughts.

He's going to get fed up with me recommending him but;

Thomas 'Tad' DiBiase. The 'no body guy'.

"....I have also consulted, for free, with law enforcement agencies throughout the United States and Canada...."

http://www.nobodycases.com/

"My friend, Kathy Savio Petersen, was murdered because there was no-one she could turn to for protection......This....may have also contributed to the subsequent death of another young woman."

"Fortunately, there was a change of leadership and James Glasgow..."

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/opin...fights-for-justice.html#.UJOrMrt8o0k.facebook

Here is Mr Glasgow's FB page. He was reelected last year, for four years. Lots of mention of various victims and the resolution he has brought to their cases but......I can't see any mention of Robin??

https://www.facebook.com/jameswglasgow

"My friend, Kathy Savio Petersen, was murdered because there was no-one she could turn to for protection......This....may have also contributed to the subsequent death of another young woman."

"Fortunately, there was a change of leadership and James Glasgow..."

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/opin...fights-for-justice.html#.UJOrMrt8o0k.facebook

Here is Mr Glasgow's FB page. He was reelected last year, for four years. Lots of mention of various victims and the resolution he has brought to their cases but......I can't see any mention of Robin??

https://www.facebook.com/jameswglasgow

Sounds like we have a livewire in Mr. Glasgow. I am going to post on his Facebook asking for additional focus on resolving Robin Renea Abrams cold case. I will point him to this thread, and hope others will do the same.
Thanks for posting this :seeya:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back