IL IL - Robin Abrams, 28, Beecher, 4 Oct 1990

I hope they find something... Justice is long overdue :(

Tony Marquez and John Romo are still, after 26 years, the only named POI. Marquez did not own the house in Joliet that is being searched. Romo owned a concrete business and poured the concrete right around the time Robin went missing. Here is an updated article/video of the "Breaking News" that has been on every channel:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/02/23/police-digging-at-joliet-home-for-woman-missing-since-1990/

Tons of IL State Police and FBI on the scene still today digging at the Joliet home. Lets hope they unearth some good news.

Below is an article of the same house that was dug up before back in about 1995. My question is if the FBI were involved before, what would make them go away for this long, ignore the case and then now return? A pretty thorough job is being done now, but were things different back in the day? Seems like they knew something was there and just ignored it or didn't dig deep enough. This is concerning. Makes me think that many more people were involved in this cover up than thought.

ABRAMS SEARCH LEADS TO BOYFRIENDS HOUSE
Date: Abt 1995
By Tamara Sharman

The nearly five-year search for Robin Abrams has led police to a Joliet home. Illinois State Police recently dug up the basement of a Joliet residence looking for the remains of Abrams, said Master Sgt. Michael Stavola. "We did not find a body," he said. Stavola would not reveal if the police discovered any evidence at the site. The search for Abrams will continue at the home in the near future, he said. "We're still looking at the site. We're going to open some holes along the foundation and have a cadaver dog come in to see if there are any indications of remains," Stavola said.

Abrams, 28, a former Will County sheriff's deputy, disappeared on Oct. 4, 1990, only hours after driving away from her home in the Beecher area. She was last seen buying gasoline at a Joliet service station. Her red Dodge Daytona and her purse were found in Harvey the next day. State police investigators claim at least one witness saw two men dump her car in Harvey.

Stavola would not reveal why police have targeted the Joliet home for a search for Abrams' body.

He said the home's foundation was poured four to six weeks before the woman vanished. "Other things are done after a foundation is laid," he noted, explaining why the search continues.

About four to six months ago, police used a ground penetrating radar device at the Joliet home. The device indicated “a variance under the ground,” according to Stavola. "It showed something different than the general characteristics of the -· ground." Stavola was one of the police officers who excavated the home's basement. "It was dusty and noisy and hard work," he said. The basement floor has been repaired since the excavation.

The search was done with the consent of the homeowner, according to Stavola. Agencies besides the state police assisted, he said.

The Illinois State , with Police Sgt. lead Larry the Abrams investigation, with Sgt. Larry Brouk in charge of the probe. The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Will County State’s Attorney’s Office also are involved.

“Its an ongoing investigation, “said Sgt. Martin Shifflet of the Will County Sheriff’s Department, who is assigned to the prosecutor’s office as an investigator.

Police and prosecutors have said they are operating under the assumption that Abrams is dead and not missing voluntarily. But Barbara Abrams, the missing woman's mother, retains hope that her daughter is alive. "I'm still hoping that she's just hiding someplace because that man had her really afraid," she said.

Barbara Abrams said she believes she knows who is behind her daughter’s disappearance and she is highly critical of police efforts to solve the mystery.

"Someone is covering something up”, she claimed. "I'm getting more bitter every day."

Police have tried to determine if two Elwood stepbrothers were involved in Abrams' disappearance. Neither man has been charged with a crime related to the Abrams case.

Abrams was romantically involved with one of the men, who was then a member of the auxiliary sheriff's police, court documents indicate. Their relationship ended in October 1988 when the married man, who was 18 years older than Abrams, bit the woman, according to court documents.

Each accused the other of harassment after the affair ended.

Abrams filed a federal lawsuit in December 1989 alleging sexual harassment and civil rights violations after her dismissal from the Sheriff’s Department. Her former lover was one of the defendants named in the lawsuit.

The Abrams case resulted in a landmark ruling handed down by the Illinois Supreme in October 1992 that set new guidelines for what evidence can be subpoenaed by a grand jury.
Based on the evidence found in Abrams’ abandoned Dodge, a Will County grand jury in 1991 issued subpoenas ordering the two suspects to appear in a lineup and provide public and head hair samples, fingerprints and blood samples.

Has anyone listened to the Generation Why podcast on Robin Abrams? I looked online afterward and was surprised that I did not find that much reaction to the podcast/case online. It seems like a case where increased public awareness might actually be helpful moving forward the investigation (rather than hindering it or starting a misguided witch hunt), but IDK. I'm glad there have been renewed efforts to investigate--this is just an infuriating situation. I am hopeful that her family will get justice and some peace and comfort along with that.

Find the wife (or now ex wife?) and get her to talk. She knows.
Or has she "passed on" as well?

Too bad the media doesn't shine a bright light on this case
Perhaps the family should erect a billboard like Desiree Young did? (Kyron Horman case).

Opinion only!:moo:

I realize this comment is a few years old, but I wanted to add something I think I've found. I don't believe TM's wife is an ex, just from my own digging. Also, here is an article from 2014, where a comment beneath the article appears to state that TM's wife was interviewed briefly at the door of their home and she seemed to implicate him somehow. I can't find the video the person refers to.
(https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/c...-more-than-23-years-before-grand-jury-sources)

Also, everybody is talking about TM and JR being step-brothers. I cannot find any evidence of such. JR's spouse's maiden name is the same as TM's, and while they are all connected on social media, I can't find any familial relation between these two men at all.

Has anyone heard about a connection between TM and a relative with a tow truck company?

I have tons of questions about this case which I'd like to find the answers to!

1990 Murder Of Will County Sheriff's Deputy Still Unsolved

https://patch.com/illinois/joliet/1990-murder-will-county-sheriffs-deputy-still-unsolved

In Will County, some murder cases seem destined to stay unsolved. On Oct. 4, 1990, 28-year-old Robin Abrams vanished. Patch reported that she was last seen at a gas station near the corner of Jefferson Street and Larkin Avenue. Her red 1989 Dodge Daytona hatchback later turned up in Harvey. Two men who are still alive remain at the center of the criminal probe into her disappearance and her death, though her body was never found.

NOV 27, 2020
17 Missing In Will County: One Joliet Case Dates To 1957 | Joliet, IL Patch
[...]

October marked the 30th anniversary since former Will County Sheriff's deputy Robin Abrams vanished, never to be seen alive again.

A number of properties have been searched over the years in hopes of finding Abrams' remains, but the location where her killer or killers put her has never been identified. Joliet Patch has previously reported the Abrams family believes her Oct. 4, 1990, murder was orchestrated by her former boyfriend, then-Will County Sheriff's Office Auxiliary Deputy Tony Marquez, along with help from his relative John Romo.

During a 2018 interview with Joliet Patch, Robin Abrams' sister Jody Walsh remarked, "There's been at least four outside (experts) that wanted to help our family, and due to the laws that are in place, the Illinois State Police have the case, so it's their call. They get to call the shots. With all the evidence, the family is puzzled on why they won't accept the help from outside people. This case could have been solved a long time ago. All of us honestly believe that."

[...]

Have they checked to see if a match with LaSalle County Jane Doe? LSJD was discovered near Norway IL (Mission Township) Sept 13 1991. Norway's about 70 mls from Beecher.
Est 5'4" 120 lbs 35-45 yo

It's obvious that a lot of people had a lot to lose if that case went to trial... most likely she was sexually harassed... she was probably about to reveal all of her secret behaviors and cover-ups... they felt the best course The only action is to get rid of it... we just don't know how. Where was the interaction that led her to a vehicle and she left? Are there no witnesses to anything? Or maybe the police also threatened the witnesses?
here's a theory... they met to discuss a hidden payment if she dropped the case. Maybe Anthony took that opportunity to get rid of her?
How difficult would it be for you to make someone disappear without evidence?
they wouldn't even have to do it without evidence... they could simply choose not to process the evidence or simply destroy any evidence they collect...
I hope one day a closure of this case...
either way
rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500