GUILTY IL - Willow Long, 7, Watson, 8 Sept 2013 - #5

I missed most of this thread yesterday while I was at a funeral, any major new developments?

I can't think of any new developments you missed, AnjL...

maybe another Sleuther can help you out...

:seeya:

It makes me crazy that the mother lied. It makes me think she knew leaving the kids with her brother was a bad idea. Just a feeling I have. And searchers were sent to hospital, could have died. If police had been on the brother right away, he may have confesses. JMO

I'd be pissed if I was one of those facing the big hospital bill.

I agree with your feeling... Mom knew brother was a crappy babysitter. Uninterested in the kids or their safety, he would hole up in his room with video games... she has to know that.

Willow's grandfather said as much in his interview when he motioned how the stick went in. He said Justin was left alone with the kids as he often was.

Perhaps they are waiting for official time of death before more arrests are made, if any are .

You could be right. But, I doubt mom was alone while she was out. Do we have a time the report was made CPS? I thought I had read that it was done on Sunday, no time. So, once the sheriff spoke and made public Willow's mom's version of the story, its possible someone called in and said something about mom being out all night or something.

Just a thought. I am torn at thinking that is possible or if more like they would have called a tip in to LE instead.

Kelly

Agree, that's what I think happened. I'm going on my own experience with a grown daughter and 8 yo granddaughter that live with me. Her mom wouldn't go out just for the night, she'd leave for 3 to 4 days, not answer her phone and never call. CPS said there was nothing they could do because she left her dtr with us. I considered it abandonment!

It makes me crazy that the mother lied. It makes me think she knew leaving the kids with her brother was a bad idea. Just a feeling I have. And searchers were sent to hospital, could have died. If police had been on the brother right away, he may have confesses. JMO

Agree. Grandmother and grandfather on the road, brother in room playing video games, mom out the door! I know the type very well.

There is a Justin Deryke on youtube with his own channel. He posts video after video of storm warnings. Not sure if it's him. He sounds young to me, in his teens or 20s.

I feel like sharing a story with you guys. I hope you don't mind.

In Watson, Ill., a community mourned this weekend during memorial services for a little girl named Willow. But 29 miles north of Watson, in another small community, another little girl donned her birthday dress Sunday to celebrate the anniversary of a day her parents never thought would happen.

A year ago, a mom gave birth to her sixth child. It was her first successful pregnancy. Previous attempts failed. But she and her husband definitely didn't give up on their dreams of parenthood. Instead, they adopted. But not just one child. They adopted three, then another, then two more. They didn't have many preferences, and that was a good thing for six African American kids, who are being raised by caucasian parents. Yes, they've head some interesting questions and have received some stares of bewilderment over the years. They've also been blessed with a lot of proud parental moments.

But this story isn't about those six kids. This story is about the seventh. Their biological daughter was born healthy last September. She's a beautiful girl with blonde locks.

Her name is Willow.

thank you clueless. I needed something to lift my heart right now and your story did it.

I feel like sharing a story with you guys. I hope you don't mind.

In Watson, Ill., a community mourned this weekend during memorial services for a little girl named Willow. But 29 miles north of Watson, in another small community, another little girl donned her birthday dress Sunday to celebrate the anniversary of a day her parents never thought would happen.

A year ago, a mom gave birth to her sixth child. It was her first successful pregnancy. Previous attempts failed. But she and her husband definitely didn't give up on their dreams of parenthood. Instead, they adopted. But not just one child. They adopted three, then another, then two more. They didn't have many preferences, and that was a good thing for six African American kids, who are being raised by caucasian parents. Yes, they've head some interesting questions and have received some stares of bewilderment over the years. They've also been blessed with a lot of proud parental moments.

But this story isn't about those six kids. This story is about the seventh. Their biological daughter was born healthy last September. She's a beautiful girl with blonde locks.

Her name is Willow.

:heart: :heartbeat: :heart: Thank you for sharing, beautiful story. Happy Birthday Willow (so bittersweet to type)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back