Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
he would have access to tunnels in the basement at the Loomis physics building where he was for 3 years

Here is an article that shows photos of the tunnels under the university. I thought being able to see them up close might be helpful to the imagination.

https://thetab.com/us/illinois/2016/02/03/inside-uiucs-underground-steam-tunnels-223

BTW, the explorer, "Firehaus" who takes you on the tour in this article has a very similar right ear compared with the suspect's left ear.
1609b3fb58bcd1249bbdf13ecca6efec

I tried to load more pictures of some of the Graves and the big holes in the wall but it would not let me load them. this is a Cemetery south of the College

Here is an article that shows photos of the tunnels under the university. I thought being able to see them up close might be helpful to the imagination.

https://thetab.com/us/illinois/2016/02/03/inside-uiucs-underground-steam-tunnels-223

BTW, the explorer, "Firehaus" who takes you on the tour in this article has a very similar right ear compared with the suspect's left ear.
What an amazing insight, Thank you. It is a dangerous place.. he could have brought her there and locked her into a room/ section there..

He had access,
this kind of a search or a ground search would require cadaver dogs..but the heat might make it impossible.
Likewise I dont see them being effective in a graveyard.

There are sensors for detecting, I have never used them..

If he decided he could not return to wherever he had her she could still be locked in somewhere.But may no longer be alive.

If somebody were to call the police and ask what the situation is regarding organising a search, how would they be likely to respond?

Would they co-operate, make suggestions etc?
They're supposed to at least reply.

Thank you for the article and the ear comparison. IMO. Very similar shape.

Has anyone checked the Reddit thread mentioned in this article?
The one that references the tunnel system.

When I spoke to LE at that house, I ask them if there were any ongoing searches, other than individuals, they said u of I was lead but to their knowledge there hasn't been any request for assistance for their help in a group search.

I suspect that that's not legal for the public to do, if you were to be caught doing it (but I'm not a lawyer)?
And hate to be so discouraging, but I just think that if the police have NEVER encouraged searches by the public it must be because they have knowledge that her disposal was in a manner or place that the public would not find. Of course searching can't hurt, but I just wouldn't want anyone getting hopes up that the public will find her (jmo). This whole case is so peculiar and disheartening.

oh, I didn't mean for the public to do such a search, it would be done by LE. Yes, it sure is disheartening ☹️ I want so much for her to be found

What an amazing insight, Thank you. It is a dangerous place.. he could have brought her there and locked her into a room/ section there..

He had access,
this kind of a search or a ground search would require cadaver dogs..but the heat might make it impossible.
Likewise I dont see them being effective in a graveyard.

There are sensors for detecting, I have never used them..

If he decided he could not return to wherever he had her she could still be locked in somewhere.But may no longer be alive.

If somebody were to call the police and ask what the situation is regarding organising a search, how would they be likely to respond?

Would they co-operate, make suggestions etc?
They're supposed to at least reply.

Really, I just wanted to show the tunnels... and posted because I'm not so sure that ear... doesn't belong to BC. There is another BC photo where comparison of hands, and especially the thumbs are similar to this "Firehaus" guy, too. But, even if it were BC in the video; that kind of atmosphere might appeal to him anyway and wouldn't mean he would kidnap and take someone there. Probably not... not private enough with the school right above and beside the tunnels. I also thought that the high temperature in those tunnels would be prohibitive for use as a "holding cell" for a kidnapping. Also, there are too many students who are aware of the tunnels and the possibility of students entering the tunnels out of curiosity, etc make them (imo) far too unsafe for a kidnapper to use for any length of time. If I were a student there right now... I know I'd have searched every square inch of that tunnel network and I bet others have done so already. I think, if police are not searching, it is because they are pretty sure they know what happened to Yingying and they do not expect that she can be found. If she were discarded by dumpster, too much time might have passed by the time they they thought to look in landfills to have any hope of finding her now. And, if you have no idea what dumpster or trash area was used... how can you hope to find the correct landfill? I think lots of police departments are working on tight budgets and they would have to at least know which landfill to look in in order to get additional funding for such a project. I'm hoping I'm wrong because I feel worse for her family in that case. Even if she is deceased, I would like to see her family take her home.

[QItis possOTE=Flonite;13544199]oh, I didn't mean for tublic to do such a searchuld be done by LE. Yes, it sure is disheartening ☹️ I want so much for her to be found[/QUOTE]

It is quite possible that BC had no knowledge of the tunnels. After working at the U of I for ten years, I had never heard of them until reading this discussion. I know there are a few members of this group that also live in C-U and I am curious to know if any of you were aware of their existence?

I dont have a sense he used chemicals, too messy and too much like hard work.
I am assuming he wanted a slave to enjoy for quite a while as opposed to an immediate kill..
I wonder whether he left her somewhere only a v few people would be able to access.. abandoned her.. if he did she most certainly could not have survived until now..
How would he be able to discover such a place from what we know of his lifestyle.. not quite the fresh air fiend, was he?

Some connection from the college, perhaps.. urban, not rural and convenient..
What stood out most to me from that building explored was the plastic..

i hope they at least got a warrant and checked whether it had recently been cut ?
But its too skimpy for a warrant, is it not?

Other abandoned or long time for sale buildings close to his own home??
again, if his intention was to gain a slave, he would have needed to have put some thought into maintaining that slave.. keeping her alive, yet restrained, being able to visit frequently, unobserved..

His own apt was beside the laundry room.
I wonder how big those washing machines were, on the offchance he took her there, tho' I dont think he did..
Maps are really exciting.. but I wonder whether there might be a cave within the tunnel, an area that nobody ever visits..?

I agree with you on the plastic. The realtor told DSM that the house had been abandoned for some time. That plastic does not look like it has been there for a long time.

If it had been, I would expect it to be very dusty and dirty, particularly in a garage......nope, not that I can see in the picture. This makes me think that the plastic had been there for a short period of time, which begs the question.

If the house had been abandoned for a long time, who put a large amount of plastic there, and why?

We know where BC lived.
We know the gym he used daily.

Is that all we know about his physical movements?
Did he use gaming cafes as well?

suppose a new search was focused just in the areas between gym and his home?

I am not sure of the distance involved, but his car was used so might be too big?

If it is too big, and assuming he had worked out the details in advance of the kidnapping, he would also possibly have worked out a journey to place of captivity that was a walk from either location, not a drive so his car would not have been visible?

I do not know how to make maps.. Is it worth a shot?

This is a continuation of hypotheses of his intention to hold a slave to visit as he saw fit without being captured.

The Daily Illini‏ @TheDailyIllini 8. Mai

A system, based on nine miles of steam tunnels, serves as the University’s prime energy source:

http://dailyillini.com/news/2017/05/08/underground-tunnels-serve-universitys-prime-energy-source/

“It is very instructive for students to understand how the steam gets from the power plant to the places of use,” Ruzic said."And I was hoping to demystify the tunnel system a bit by taking the students on an organized tour, so they wouldn’t try to get down there on their own.” The University greatly discourages non-authorized personnel from entering the damp, hot and cramped tunnels. Due to the dangerously hot pipes and risk of pressure leaks, exploring the tunnels could potentially lead to very serious injuries. According to Ruzic, students should not attempt to explore the steam tunnel system due to the dangerous steam pipes, which can reach anywhere from 300 to 400 degrees.

I'm sure BC did know about the tunnel system if there is mention of it on Uni-Twitter and if there even are regular tours through the tunnel system. IMO

We know where BC lived.
We know the gym he used daily.

Is that all we know about his physical movements?
Did he use gaming cafes as well?

suppose a new search was focused just in the areas between gym and his home?

I am not sure of the distance involved, but his car was used so might be too big?

If it is too big, and assuming he had worked out the details in advance of the kidnapping, he would also possibly have worked out a journey to place of captivity that was a walk from either location, not a drive so his car would not have been visible?

I do not know how to make maps.. Is it worth a shot?

This is a continuation of hypotheses of his intention to hold a slave to visit as he saw fit without being captured.

BBM...Poster LoremIpsum put up a video on Thread 4, post 58, showing the drive from the Refinery Gym, where BC was a member (she and another poster knew of him from working out at gym at same time), and she noted that the drive was literally about 15 seconds. The apartment complex he lived in was across the street from a pretty much abandoned plant that is being used for storage by the management company of several apartment complexes, and the gym was at the far end of it. It appears to me to be a 5-minute walk, tops.

BBM...Poster LoremIpsum put up a video on Thread 4, post 58, showing the drive from the Refinery Gym, where BC was a member (she and another poster knew of him from working out at gym at same time), and she noted that the drive was literally about 15 seconds. The apartment complex he lived in was across the street from a pretty much abandoned plant that is being used for storage by the management company of several apartment complexes, and the gym was at the far end of it. It appears to me to be a 5-minute walk, tops.

Thanks Steve.
I saw her posts describing his workout methodology..

No need to use a car at all?
Unless he usually walked and just started using a car after the kidnapping, suggesting captive was a drive away?

Like some others, I am a bit curious as to the plastic that was found in the house by DSM, and I will admit, the mask struck me as a creepy find, especially given it was in the same location as the plastic. Although several people have stated for certain that the mask is a radiation mask, and not bondage gear, I still think it is the kind of thing BC could get off using, since it has bolts on the sides that could be used to restrain the wearer's head in a certain position. Maybe my imagination is going too wild, but I definitely would not rule it out as possibly being connected to BC and Yingying's disappearance. JMO

Like some others, I am a bit curious as to the plastic that was found in the house by DSM, and I will admit, the mask struck me as a creepy find, especially given it was in the same location as the plastic. Although several people have stated for certain that the mask is a radiation mask, and not bondage gear, I still think it is the kind of thing BC could get off using, since it has bolts on the sides that could be used to restrain the wearer's head in a certain position. Maybe my imagination is going too wild, but I definitely would not rule it out as possibly being connected to BC and YingYing's disapperance. JMO

You are correct, I don't think anything can be ruled out. Stating this I think it's wise to not be biased of articles found. I'm pretty darn sure someone could go through my garage and find some very interesting things that a story could be built upon if I was connected to a crime even if there was no connection to these items to that crime. It's great to think outside of the box however one must also not run on a wild goose chase and miss other important clues or items along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct, I don't think anything can be ruled out. Stating this I think it's wise to not be biased of articles found. I'm pretty darn sure someone could go through my garage and find some very interesting things that a story could be built upon if I was connected to a crime even if there was no connection to these items to that crime. It's great to think outside of the box however one must also not run on a wild goose chase and miss other important clues or items along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The poster said that LE took some things. I would think the mask may have been one of those things, and surely it would have been checked for DNA. But, as LE has been so tight-lipped, as is their prerogative, we do not know if it was, and what may or may not have been determined.

did anybody run a full search on his name adding gmail address?

or ymail?

BTW, with respect to those who have been working these threads since the beginning, I am getting slowly through them, just swallowed in another case at mo.

The poster said that LE took some things. I would think the mask may have been one of those things, and surely it would have been checked for DNA. But, as LE has been so tight-lipped, as is their prerogative, we do not know if it was, and what may or may not have been determined.

Yeah he said they took the mask. if they did and checked it for dna, they would have got a warrant, there is probably no onus upon them to inform finder if a tip led to a significant find?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindazKeeprzz69*