IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snapchat & Cloud are two different applications within a phone also. I say this just to clear up some here who might not grasp what is being discussed. Good point Shiressleuth..

MOO:

"Cloud" as we're discussing here isn't an app, as far as I understand.

The concept of "the cloud" refers to the remote storage of data from any app and any device.

Your iPhone saves backups of its essential info (and anything else you tell it to) to Apple's "cloud." Photos also go to Apple's cloud if you choose to back them up in this way.

SnapChat and other media-sharing services post user-created media onto their own "cloud," so that it can be viewed by other users. (In the case of SnapChat, there is a time limit for how long it's available.)

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ok thanks. So all the searchers had a copy of the SC photo of Abbey at approx 0940 on the 13th. Did it come from LE and they distributed it to searchers I guess?
What I am finding hard to understand is previously it has been said the photo is only available fleetingly to view in SC. So how is it possible for a viewer to capture the image? Is it fleetingly available then you choose to save or discard for instance? Once you save it then will it always have that seven hours on it or would that only be if it had been screen shot from SC?
Also, the viewer has to be a SC friend right so how did all the searchers get a copy? Was that a screen shot of the SC pic that was shared? Sorry to be dense but this pic has now gone around the world and I would really like to know how that happened so quickly? Yet the sketch cannot even get to all the states in the U.S. seemingly. JMO.

What I am finding hard to understand is previously it has been said the photo is only available fleetingly to view in SC. So how is it possible for a viewer to capture the image? Is it fleetingly available then you choose to save or discard for instance? Once you save it then will it always have that seven hours on it or would that only be if it had been screen shot from SC?
Also, the viewer has to be a SC friend right so how did all the searchers get a copy? Was that a screen shot of the SC pic that was shared? Sorry to be dense but this pic has now gone around the world and I would really like to know how that happened so quickly? Yet the sketch cannot even get to all the states in the U.S. seemingly. JMO.

It is only available for a short time via he app, but the image we have seen is a screenshot of the picture so yes, the 7 hours would always be in that screen shot

ETA: yes you have to be friends on SC to get those "snaps" or pictures. Once you screen shot it on your own device though, you're free to share it anywhere else. I would assume once the media got a hold of the screenshot, that's why it went all over the world. Make sense?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MOO:

The concept of "the cloud" refers to the remote storage of data from any app and any device.

Your iPhone saves backups of its essential info (and anything else you tell it to) to Apple's "cloud." Photos also go to Apple's cloud if you choose to back them up in this way.

SnapChat and other media-sharing services post user-created media onto their own "cloud," so that it can be viewed by other users. (In the case of SnapChat, there is a time limit for how long it's available.)

It is a storage application used to store our data. But it has other functions that I read in the previous thread before it was closed. I will look for it tomorrow and post it...

MOO:

You're exactly right. The cloud is not a "storage application". It's a network of servers where information on your device is backed up. Applications can be downloaded to your device that function within the cloud and interact with your device. A cloud storage service I use, as an example, is Dropbox.

Just curious if anyone thinks DNA technology from Parabon was used to help create the composite sketch? This technology was used to create a composite in the Vanessa Marcotte case and LE was upfront about using it. I'm not sure why LE in the Delphi case would not mention it (except that they do not want to say whether or not they have DNA). It would explain the "eyes are definitely not blue," which stuck out as so odd to me. A witness is observant enough to know the eyes aren't blue but doesn't know whether they are brown, hazel, green?

Just curious if anyone thinks DNA technology from Parabon was used to help create the composite sketch? This technology was used to create a composite in the Vanessa Marcotte case and LE was upfront about using it. I'm not sure why LE in the Delphi case would not mention it (except that they do not want to say whether or not they have DNA). It would explain the "eyes are definitely not blue," which stuck out as so odd to me. A witness is observant enough to know the eyes aren't blue but doesn't know whether they are brown, hazel, green?
Yes and police must have DNA otherwise there would be no point taking cheek swabs from suspects IMO. I guess they just don't admit it because they don't want to indicate a SA may have taken place.

Posts with rude, disrespectful comments toward other members are TOS violations and have been removed. Further violations can result intemporary or permanent loss of posting privileges. Be respectful to fellow Websleuthers.

Also, as per prior Mod warnings, side-x-side comparisons are not allowed and have been removed.

:wave:

Posts with rude, disrespectful comments toward other members are TOS violations and have been removed. Further violations can result intemporary or permanent loss of posting privileges. Be respectful to fellow Websleuthers.

Also, as per prior Mod warnings, side-x-side comparisons are not allowed and have been removed.

:wave:

The side by side was not of an actual person, only an age progressed paragon based on DNA from a wanted child killer. Not understanding why this is not allowed. [emoji848][emoji4]

Always my opinion only [emoji230]

Ok thanks. So all the searchers had a copy of the SC photo of Abbey at approx 0940 on the 13th. Did it come from LE and they distributed it to searchers I guess?

Keep in mind most of the searchers on that night were firefighters, first responders, and volunteers.

A searcher of high school age shared the SC image, in fact the original (which IIRC was on MailOnline.uk) had his phone's entire screen grab. I think he knew both girls, if memory serves.

Yes, I made almost the exact same post verbatim here, also several posts previous to this, some of us (dotr, DavidC, etc) do believe Parabon might have played a part:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-63&p=13510971#post13510971

Other posts re: parabon
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-63&p=13511120#post13511120

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-63&p=13511132#post13511132

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-63&p=13511143#post13511143

Jerrod's post re: IrisPlex:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-63&p=13511167#post13511167

just marking a spot for the new thread..good nite sleuthers! maybe tomorrow!

What really bothers me is that there are probably family members of the BG that recognize him through the pics and sketch and may fear him. If he has older children, their friends may suspect him.
I don't think he probably did much to change his appearance since February, perhaps he's now clean shaven. I'm thinking the white we see near his neck in the pics was his white beard that was twisted or braided. It was there in February, but he's probably clean shaven now.

He may no longer use the jacket, but may have worn it extensively in the past. I think on top of his head is some type of camo skull cap, he may not be wearing anymore, but again, he wore it habitually prior to February.

The two things, no more beard, no more camo skull cap may be enough for folks not to notice him now.

But, his family knows better

Yes and police must have DNA otherwise there would be no point taking cheek swabs from suspects IMO. I guess they just don't admit it because they don't want to indicate a SA may have taken place.

I'm not so sure one thing, DNA, has to do with the other,a SA. MP told us his girl fought her attacker. Somehow, as savvy as these bright girls were, surely they managed to grab some of the killer's DNA. Vanessa Marcotte was sexually assaulted but her killer's DNA was found on the palm of her hand.

<modsnip>

DeDee, if you have found any errors, please let one of the transcribers or me (I am one of them) know so we can correct. Thanks.

I'm not so sure one thing, DNA, has to do with the other,a SA. MP told us his girl fought her attacker. Somehow, as savvy as these bright girls were, surely they managed to grab some of the killer's DNA. Vanessa Marcotte was sexually assaulted but her killer's DNA was found on the palm of her hand.

There is no good reason, that I can think of, that would indicate the lack of a violent SA. There were personal items found, as mentioned in the Scanner Thread. The Scanner Thread has a lot of good info but it is best if you do your own listening for particulars on items like vehicles, colors and types, mentioned did not always translate into the verbatim language transcribed.

Margarita25: Thanks, I'll go back and read these! Sorry to ask a question that had already been gone over many times. I'm usually browsing on mobile and I'm typically interrupted by some annoying virus/redirect so I don't always get to see everything. I find the possibilities of what LE wants us and any perpetrators to know about their investigation (whether they have DNA, whether they used Parabon, whether there was another witness and the circumstances thereof) to be really interesting as they are being SO close to the vest.

That pesky hat! I'm working on another case where we are attempting to ID a tattoo on the mummified death of a male.

Ear flaps are also lined with fleece to protect ears and neck from cold wind or winter chill.
Ear flaps can be tucked in if not needed or if classic newsboy ivy look is desired

51a4gwyO8eL._SX342_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Point-Newsboy-Flaps-Fleece-Lining/dp/B00NLZ95I4
Credit to Amazon for the image of a newsboy cap with flaps

The weather was not cold enough to wear ear flaps down but BG did because I think he was disguising important personal items such as tattoos or earrings or piercings on his ears. Flaps down. That is another reason why the sketch has BG wearing a newsboy cap.

cartilage-piercing-41.jpg

https://www.polyvore.com/piercings/collection?id=4627541

DeDee, if you have found any errors, please let one of the transcribers or me (I am one of them) know so we can correct. Thanks.

No, my dear. There are no mistakes and I apologize if that was inferred in my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member