IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #74

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does DN have a scar across the scalp area?

Good question. It sure looks like one in some photos but I don’t know if it’s just the folds of his forehead skin.

Did anything happen at court today? Bond amounts still the same? I haven't seen anything in MSM so far.

it is kind of unusual, wonder what could be going on? seems like they would be waiting for outcomes on these hearings.

wonder if something is going on and the day was cleared. MOO

it is kind of unusual, wonder what could be going on? seems like they would be waiting for outcomes on these hearings.

wonder if something is going on and the day was cleared. MOO

The Distrct Attorney did tweet this earlier yesterday Monday.

4th Judicial DA
4th Judicial DA
@4thJudicialDA
Preliminary Hearing for Daniel James Nations is set for 1:30 today in Div. 11, Teller County. #2017CR228

Its like there is a news black out.
No article at all about an appearance today.

Its like there is a news black out.
No article at all about an appearance today.

This seems rather odd IMO After DN being splashed all over YT & MSM & now nothing after this hearing today? [emoji848] MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Feeling irritated and impatient...just sayin....what the heck is going on with DN as related to Abby and Libby??)

Thanks everyone for the updates, the ones we are getting...

(Feeling irritated and impatient...just sayin....what the heck is going on with DN as related to Abby and Libby??)

Thanks everyone for the updates, the ones we are getting...

Who knows.. This thread is basically just all about him now. Maybe there needs to be a seperate "keeping up with Daniel Nations" thread?
I thought I read a mod say that he wasn't meant to be talked about in here now because there has been no confirmation of his involvement in this case, but maybe I imagined that?
Tbh it's getting hard to read webslueths when it's just page after page of no useful updates or info 😕

kizzykat said:
ETA: Here's a link that should show current Colorado Springs time when you click on it (they are on Mountain Standard Time)

Thanks kizzykat for correcting my Pacific Time to Mountain! :doh: I knew that!! LOL!

Just saw your post #15 - yes, it is confusing now! Some of those charges are under El Paso County - ?? - combined?? I see that on Nov. 29th hearing it is BOTH counties hearing at 11am - for now, I'll shall keep each one separate! :)

So - this is what I have:

Monday, November 6th:
*Prelim Hearing @ 1:30pm MT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; no further dates available for this charge; additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K.
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. (Hearing was held on Nov. 1st charged with felony count of trespassing of an auto & no basis for other charges, bail reduced from $20K). Bail now at $6.8K; next prelim hearing on menacing charges Nov. 29th. "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.
No update as of 11/7 on 11/6 hearing

Thursday, November 9th:
*Permanent Restraining Order Hearing @ 3:30pm MT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – hearing re children; charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Prelim hearing was on 11/6; additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds 15K. In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Combined bonds $6.8K (Hearing was held on Nov. 1st for 4 other charges). "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.

Wednesday, November 29th:
*Prelim & Disposition Hearing @ 11am MT for El Paso County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – arrested (9/25) & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. Nov. 1st hearing was First Appearance @ 8:30am. Held on $6.8K bond. Next hearing Nov. 29th for Menacing charges.
Also:
*Plea Hearing @ 11am MT for Teller County charged being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; Dispositional Hearing was held on 11/2 & Prelim Hearing on 11/6; additional charges will likely be filed. Combined bonds $15K.

Thursday, December 7th:
*Hearing @ 11am MT for Teller County – CO – Daniel James Nations (31) – charged with being a felon having weapons illegally; also allegedly found in possession of a hatchet & .22 caliber rifle; no further dates available for this charge; additional charges will likely be filed (Tim Watkins murder?). Combined bonds $15K.
In El Paso County arrested & charged with Class 5 Felony Menacing, Class 3 Felony Endangerment & Reckless Endangerment, Trespassing, attempted assault, criminal mischief & failing to register as a sex offender in El Paso County. (Hearing was held on Nov. 1st for trespassing & menacing charges). Bail now at $6.8K; next prelim hearing on menacing charges Nov. 29th. "Maybe" a POI in Abby & Libby’s case in IND.

Who knows.. This thread is basically just all about him now. Maybe there needs to be a seperate "keeping up with Daniel Nations" thread?
I thought I read a mod say that he wasn't meant to be talked about in here now because there has been no confirmation of his involvement in this case, but maybe I imagined that?
Tbh it's getting hard to read webslueths when it's just page after page of no useful updates or info 😕
I think you're right you must have imagined it. :smile:

TY everyone keeping us informed on the charges - it is difficult to follow.

This seems rather odd IMO After DN being splashed all over YT & MSM & now nothing after this hearing today? [emoji848] MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perhaps it did not take place for some reason.
BTW checkout Stroup latest video.

Tbh it's getting hard to read webslueths when it's just page after page of no useful updates or info 

bbm - :silly:

Ah, wishful thinking you had there.

fwiw I have requested DN have his own thread - actually that a thread for Mr. Watkins, the bicyclist be started and all chatter about DN be located there. His charges stem from actions in Colorado.

Posting his every move through the court system is relevant to the people of Colorado.

ISP have said they have interviewed thousands and he is no different (paraphrasing). I'm sure many of those interviewed are also in the system yet no one is posting daily docket reports on them.

My guess about why he is talked about so much here is that when a case gets up in months, people are so eager to latch onto anything that may lead to an answer. I've seen it done before. And this case certainly has its share of frustration that no one has been arrested for the crime. Let alone named a POI or suspect.

I have posted the most recent video of Sheriff Tobe Leazenby stating they have nothing concrete to connect DN to the crime in Delphi. I implore anyone to search all active twitter accounts of LE and websites and you will see they are still actively seeking tips about the case (ISP website) and I have not seen any reference on those sites to DN since his news first broke over a month ago.

Someone on the last thread said perhaps LE is happy with having social media distracted with him as they work on the case.

I'm starting to agree with that comment.

So it's scroll and roll, ignore or don't visit the thread at all. :sigh:

@Niner and @kizzy

Is the comment "Maybe a POI etc" actually listed on the court records or is that an added comment by the court or someone else?

TY again.

@BOP

His charges also stemmed from his absconding from the Indiana charges - still wanted in 4 Indiana counties.
I have also learnt today that having a dishonourable discharge is enough to prevent someone lawfully having a weapon. (It has been discussed in the recent case re the Texas church massacre )
Thanks all.

I was just reading the Missy Bevers thread and there was a link posted to an article.

I found a quote from an Assistant Police Chief so fitting for this case as well.

“Just because we’re following up on a tip and talking with someone doesn’t mean they’re guilty.” Anytime the police speak to someone, often called a “person of interest” in the case, that person becomes a target for conjecture."

Pretty much sums up what happens so much of the time.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...-in-missy-bevers-murder-investigation-9129736

I was just reading the Missy Bevers thread and there was a link posted to an article.

I found a quote from an Assistant Police Chief so fitting for this case as well.

“Just because we’re following up on a tip and talking with someone doesn’t mean they’re guilty.” Anytime the police speak to someone, often called a “person of interest” in the case, that person becomes a target for conjecture."

Pretty much sums up what happens so much of the time.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/...-in-missy-bevers-murder-investigation-9129736

No one is guilty unless convicted- suspect or POI till then. That's good coming from police because they arrest if they think someone is guilty - if they didn't think that they wouldn't have grounds for an arrest or even to be suspicious of someone ever.

A quick reminder and someone/a moderator will correct me if I'm wrong however...

discussing the video and voice attached to it was announced by a moderator as not allowed. fwiw :wave:

Tbh it's getting hard to read webslueths when it's just page after page of no useful updates or info ��

I agree. Much of this information about DN and his court stuff would fit in more with a a TW thread. I would keep up with that because I am interested in TW's crime, which I believe to be totally separate from the Delphi crime. I can connect some of the dots between TW and DN, but can't find a single line to follow between DN and the Delphi murders. I am getting frustrated with this becoming the DN thread, with more information about him and his family than about the murders, but like BoP said, that's what's going to happen until we get another person to sleuth or someone releases more information that can point people in another direction. We saw the same thing happen with RL and, off WS, it's happened with other people as well. I share your pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels