IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #75

Status
Not open for further replies.
When DN was arrested, there were many people who called the CO LE to report DN as resembling the Delphi suspect sketch. The original reporting cited those callers. So there are many reasons he would be looked at by Indiana. Sketch, indiana plates, non-compliant RSO, homeless drifter, criminal, DV, warrants out -- So all that, without any similarities in the crime, which CO LE has stated there were

WS member Camerabug initially saw the arrest of DN and alerted WS forum and then WS member Daey34 said they had called FBI the previous day to alert them to DN in relation to IN (post # 217). These are both on thread # 69. WS crosses state and county lines...kudos and you guys rock!

Is my memory failing (totally possible), but didn't Indiana LE say they'd have an answer on DN within a couple of weeks?

Is my memory failing (totally possible), but didn't Indiana LE say they'd have an answer on DN within a couple of weeks?

It's not failing :) This was said after DN's arrest. Article dated 9/29/17:
Riley says authorities should know by next week whether the Indiana man is "a viable subject" in the killings.
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20170929/news/309299811

I thought I'd also seen another reference around that time to IN LE knowing more in a 'few weeks' or 'couple weeks' but I could be wrong on that.

Riley says authorities should know by next week whether the Indiana man is "a viable subject" in the killings.

I thought I'd also seen another reference around that time to IN LE knowing more in a 'few weeks' or 'couple weeks' but I could be wrong on that.

Thank you, KK. I was pretty sure they had indicated it would be relatively soon--not months later.

I never thought DN was BG but hoped he was..for me that little bit of hope failed weeks ago.

Another day, another thread.
Hope this is the day and/or this is the thread that this case is finally solved!

Along the "failing memory" lines, a couple of months ago, didn't LE say they have enough evidence to convict when they find the right person (or something to that effect)?

This keeps coming to mind. The person who knows details of this crime and can identify the killer mayl not come forward because he/she would be arrested for some wrongdoing of his/her own. And risk of jail time is not worth helping to solve a crime no matter how horrible the crime. It might even be a non violent crime, drugs or some other violation which would result in an arrest.

It doesn’t seem like LE can offer “immunity” rather than reward money for someone who shares information leading to conviction of the perpetrator. Does it? There is an anonymous tip line, though, but that wouldn’t allow LE to get as much information.

Just my thoughts.

Perhaps they do know more but don't want to share because they don't want to prejudice the decisions on his current charges?

Just a thought:

Delphi residents are scared and have been for months. If LE has evidence DN is the killer of our girls, it would be public knowledge.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

He is? BBM

I read he was charged with assault and not the SA assault.

Sorry I'm new to this. SA?

"11 News learned in early October that in addition to menacing charges for the hatchet allegations, Daniel Nations is also facing charges for allegedly trying to get into someone's car and committing assault. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office would not release any additional information, so it's not clear where the new alleged crimes happened. The arrest affidavit has been sealed." (I believe this may be the road rage incident.)

"Nations, 31, was was arrested Sept. 25 in Woodland Park driving a car several members of the public had described as the same vehicle linked to a man threatening hikers and bikers with a hatchet near Mount Herman Road in El Paso County. The threats were reported in the same area mountain biker Tim Watkins was found murdered."
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Mo...-of-interest-in-Delphi-murders-448560803.html

also, same article:
"ISP sent out the following statement on Oct. 3:

Of the many tips being actively investigated, one tip was referred to the Indiana State Police about a person arrested in El Paso County, Colorado. This person, identified as Daniel Nations, was initially arrested by Colorado law enforcement on Sept. 25th and was later referred to ISP on Sept. 29th for follow-up as a potential suspect in the Delphi double murder investigation. "

Just a thought:

Delphi residents are scared and have been for months. If LE has evidence DN is the killer of our girls, it would be public knowledge.

Just my humble opinion, of course.

Why do you think this? It's not even been 2 months since IN investigators went to CO to investigate DN. I don't think they will let out any info about him until their ducks are in a row to charge and go to trial. Plus they don't want to taint public opinion. They want to be able to get an unbiased jury. Personally, I think that they haven't told us he's not BG speaks volumes! They have told us he is a POI and never took that off the table.

Sorry I'm new to this. SA?

"11 News learned in early October that in addition to menacing charges for the hatchet allegations, Daniel Nations is also facing charges for allegedly trying to get into someone's car and committing assault. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office would not release any additional information, so it's not clear where the new alleged crimes happened. The arrest affidavit has been sealed." (I believe this may be the road rage incident.)

"Nations, 31, was was arrested Sept. 25 in Woodland Park driving a car several members of the public had described as the same vehicle linked to a man threatening hikers and bikers with a hatchet near Mount Herman Road in El Paso County. The threats were reported in the same area mountain biker Tim Watkins was found murdered."
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Mo...-of-interest-in-Delphi-murders-448560803.html

also, same article:
"ISP sent out the following statement on Oct. 3:

Of the many tips being actively investigated, one tip was referred to the Indiana State Police about a person arrested in El Paso County, Colorado. This person, identified as Daniel Nations, was initially arrested by Colorado law enforcement on Sept. 25th and was later referred to ISP on Sept. 29th for follow-up as a potential suspect in the Delphi double murder investigation. "

SA: Sexual Assault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's showing up in El Paso Co jail now. It's also showing he has two separate Holds placed on him. (If I understand correctly that means he can't be released to go free. Another other agency, whether local, state or federal, wants him when El Paso is done.) Logically it would seem Teller Co could place one (he's due back in court there 12/7) and IN could place the other for Johnson Co IN warrant for the Failure to Register. Just thinking out loud, seems odd Teller would place a Hold when they've been shuffling him back & forth without a Hold showing up in jail records. Unless on the off chance he does come up with bail Teller placed a Hold to make sure he doesn't walk away? JMO
https://www.epcsheriffsoffice.com/inmate-search#!/search

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ElPasoSheriff1.jpg
    ElPasoSheriff1.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 462
  • ElPasoSheriff2.jpg
    ElPasoSheriff2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 463
Why do you think this? It's not even been 2 months since IN investigators went to CO to investigate DN. I don't think they will let out any info about him until their ducks are in a row to charge and go to trial. Plus they don't want to taint public opinion. They want to be able to get an unbiased jury. Personally, I think that they haven't told us he's not BG speaks volumes! They have told us he is a POI and never took that off the table.

Weeks ago LE told us they'd know "by next week". I think that if they could relieve the fear in Delphi, they would do so. My opinion only, of course.

ET: Credit to kizzykat for locating the article.

So.......they might know! Like I said, they aren't saying he's not a suspect speaks volumes!

I hope you're right, but I just can't accept letting the community continue to live in terror.

Do you think that's enough to raise suspicions called "similarities?"
Seems a bit vague to me. IDK. Was thinking something more particular was noted.

CBS Denver reports Nations is being investigated for possible links to the shooting death of bicyclist Tim Watkins two weeks ago along the same trail in Colorado.
Investigators reportedly found a gun of the same caliber used to kill Watkins and a hatchet in Nations' car, which had expired Indiana plates.
Jacqueline Kirby with The El Paso County, Colorado Sheriff's Office told the station there are "similarities" in the cases and didn't rule out a possible connection, but said officials in Indiana have asked them not to release further information.

The similarities were based on the murder of TW and the Delphi murders. So I agree with you, Ember, there's more to it than just an Indiana license plate!

I hope you're right, but I just can't accept letting the community continue to live in terror.

I know. I wish they would let the community know too. I wonder if one of the reasons they haven't is because there is an accomplice still at large. I hate to say that, but there has always been question about there being more than one perp.

With Indy LE being so protective of info on our girls' case, I have to wonder what they thought of the retiring DA telling the public not to expect a break in the case in the near future. imo

True, that is very rough for the community.

But even if they suspected that he was involved, they couldn't tell the community that things were safe now. It is way too early to say that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname