IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #76

Status
Not open for further replies.
n

Don't you think they would have connected him to the murders by now? I don't think he had anything to do with the murders.

You would think so. If ISP did not get his DNA, they couldn't include or exclude him, so that bit of what he says rings true. Could his attorney have legally denied ISP access to him?

I couldn't load the link as it is subscription only. LE do have his DNA he says - Co LE have it but not ISP according to DN. What did the article say exactly?

Who should we believe LE or DN?

This article is about two ISP investigators going to Colorado and returning with "DNA" among other evidence. I'll post a larger segment:

Two ISP detectives landed in Colorado Friday to collect evidence and question 31-year-old Daniel Nations, who in a tip last week was alleged to have ties to the killings of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams in Delphi, ISP said in a news release.

So far, police have not been able corroborate those claims, Sgt. Kim Riley said.
"There has been no information developed to specifically include or exclude Daniel Nations as a suspect in the Delphi homicides," Riley said.

As part of their investigation into Nations, police said they obtained a DNA swab, among other pieces of evidence, and are in the process of comparing it to evidence at the crime scene.

Edited to add link: http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...eturn-colorado-no-link-yet-nations/726885001/

I would think if CO has his DNA then Indiana would too. He said he gave it to CO but his public defender wouldn't allow IN to have it? Wouldn't they just then get a subpoena for it? didn't IN say they have it?

I would think if CO has his DNA then Indiana would too. He said he gave it to CO but his public defender wouldn't allow IN to have it? Wouldn't they just then get a subpoena for it? didn't IN say they have it?

ISP obtained DNA in October, per what seems to be legit MSM reporting.

This article is about two ISP investigators going to Colorado and returning with "DNA" among other evidence. I'll post a larger segment:
TY Jax.
I just remembered something else from the letter. DN says (paraphrase) he doesn't have a hat like that and that he only wears camo hats. What does he mean by "like that"? Is he on about the one in the sketch? The one we should disregard? Well, we debated for a long time in the image thread whether BG wore a camo hat or whether it was his hair we could see. I think he has slipped up there and has admitted in writing, to only wearing camo hats/caps? and we have seen him wearing them in various photos. Has anyone compared the handwriting to the other letter he sent?

TY Jax.
I just remembered something else from the letter. DN says (paraphrase) he doesn't have a hat like that and that he only wears camo hats. What does he mean by "like that"? Is he on about the one in the sketch? The one we should disregard? Well, we debated for a long time in the image thread whether BG wore a camo hat or whether it was his hair we could see. I think he has slipped up there and has admitted in writing, to only wearing camo hats and we have seen him wearing them in various photos. Has anyone compared the handwriting to the other letter he sent?

I'm not totally up to snuff on "his letters", or even if he really wrote them, but I'd think he was referring to the hat in the photos. It doesn't appear to have a large bill and all the pics of DN I've seen he's wearing a baseball style cap, with a large bill.

Does that make sense?

It might be or might not be. South Carolina didn't enact mandatory DNA testing for rso's until 2009, well after Nations was convicted.

He could have been tested for the military since they were aware he was an rso, but not necessarily.

He may not have been tested in Indiana because he has not been convicted there yet. That case is still pending per mycase.in.gov. So he left the state before a conviction. Possibly never swabbed therefore

https://www.smart.gov/caselaw/handbook_july2012.pdf

Could someone explain why DN"s DNA is not already on file as he is a RSO?

I'm not totally up to snuff on "his letters", or even if he really wrote them, but I'd think he was referring to the hat in the photos. It doesn't appear to have a large bill and all the pics of DN I've seen he's wearing a baseball style cap, with a large bill.

Does that make sense?

Yeah. But I'll have to listen to his exact words again to see if he says camo hats or camo caps. If what he says about the public defender turns out to be correct and the early Oct sealed subpoena is for the DNA, I guess it would verify the origin of the letter, at any rate.

Yeah. But I'll have to listen to his exact words again to see if he says camo hats or camo caps. If what he says about the public defender turns out to be correct and the early Oct sealed subpoena is for the DNA, I guess it would verify the origin of the letter, at any rate.

I'm not sure there is really a difference between caps or hats in that context. I think it gets confused -- are we/he talking shape or fabric?

If he's ever charged I'll listen and read more. Right now, honestly, he's not of great interest to me - based on several things. For starters, I do believe the report from October which says ISP has his DNA. Plus, I've never thought he resembled the pics from the video.

As I've said before, I hope he's guilty of killing our girls, because that means the killer isn't still walking the streets. My fear is that the real killer is sitting back enjoying his life and getting ready for the holidays. moo

I check this thread periodically and think I'll continue to do what I've been doing for a few months and that is staying away from this thread until the DN talk dies down and/or until the killer is definitely identified. IMO, it's senseless right now to keep hounding on DN. No need to reply to this because I won't be around to read.

I watched another episode of Forensic Files where genotyping analysis from DNA on a cigarette butt helped paint a picture of the suspect, "blue or green eyes".

I still keep thinking here about "eyes not blue"...

Eta: maybe the DNA comparison here was inconclusive, for whatever reasons, original sample compromised, contaminated, mixed, but enough to get a cultural marker....Idk...

I'm not sure there is really a difference between caps or hats in that context. I think it gets confused -- are we/he talking shape or fabric?

If he's ever charged I'll listen and read more. Right now, honestly, he's not of great interest to me - based on several things. For starters, I do believe the report from October which says ISP has his DNA. Plus, I've never thought he resembled the pics from the video.

As I've said before, I hope he's guilty of killing our girls, because that means the killer isn't still walking the streets. My fear is that the real killer is sitting back enjoying his life and getting ready for the holidays. moo

Hi, Jax!

Thinking about the DNA and bouncing off your post.

I think the report from October that the ISP does have DN’s DNA is true.

I’m wondering about the touch/contact DNA ISP found on the girls and their clothing. I read somewhere that contact DNA can be on objects, such as clothing for weeks, if not months. If contact DNA sticks around that long, there could be a LOT found on the girls’ clothes, between family, friends, classmates, etc, there’s a possibility of a high number of samples which need to be processed in order to be compared to people known to the girls or against possible POIs. While trying to search for a link for how long DNA remains on clothes/objects, I found this article instead. It’s a very informative read about the limitations and fragility of contact DNA. It gave me some insight as to why ISP may be having a difficult time ruling *anyone* in or out.

https://www.forensicmag.com/article/2013/04/touch-dna-crime-scene-crime-laboratory

From Sept 29:

"
In a matter of days, police hope to settle once and for all the speculation swirling around Daniel Nations, who is currently a "person of interest" in Delphi's recent double homicides, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said Friday."

"Despite news reports Thursday that Nations could be confirmed or ruled out as a suspect in the Delphi homicides within two days, Riley said he is anticipating answers next week."

http://www.jconline.com/story/news/...swers-soon-delphi-double-homicides/713451001/

BBM

Sorry, this article has been posted several times before but I think it bears repeating.

IMHO, the wait has been too long, based on LE's own comments...

ETA: I'd never tell my fellow posters what to sleuth and talk about. Hoping it did not come across that way.

Does anyone believe what DN is saying in his letter? (Presuming it is DN)

I don't. I don't know that makes him guilty, but I find some inconsistencies.

-he does now know where delphi is. There are numerous signs off i65. He lived in Indiana at least 2 years that we know about. I would think he heard about the town.

-has not shaved in 2 years at the request of Katelyn. We have seen many mugshots from Indiana, many of which show a cleaner shaven DN in the last 2 years.

-he is a loving father of 3 kids.
He doesn't have three kids. He has 2. One of KN's kids is not DN's. If he has 3, where is the third.l? If there are two, what a stupid thing to lie about.

-he doesn't have a hat like BG. But how does he know what kind of hat BG wears unless he just means the sketch?

-his wife and kids are is his world, according to DN. Surely he knows she's getting a permanent restraining order, and they are losing the kids unless she finds a suitable place to live? Why did he not address those issues? He also broke her nose, which was not addressed either.

-he knows what is going on in the news. So why didn't he respond to any of the hatchet allegations? Or even the ex employers' allegations?

-he states law enforcement is inept. Why?
He also claims the media is out to get him. Typical criminal mentality. But why is the media out to get DN?

-he states he feels for the families since his family members were murdered. What a weird subject to bring up at the end of a letter of innocence.

Does anyone believe what DN is saying in his letter? (Presuming it is DN)

I don't. I don't know that makes him guilty, but I find some inconsistencies.

-he does now know where delphi is. There are numerous signs off i65. He lived in Indiana at least 2 years that we know about. I would think he heard about the town.

-has not shaved in 2 years at the request of Katelyn. We have seen many mugshots from Indiana, many of which show a cleaner shaven DN in the last 2 years.

-he is a loving father of 3 kids.
He doesn't have three kids. He has 2. One of KN's kids is not DN's. If he has 3, where is the third.l? If there are two, what a stupid thing to lie about.

-he doesn't have a hat like BG. But how does he know what kind of hat BG wears unless he just means the sketch?

-his wife and kids are is his world, according to DN. Surely he knows she's getting a permanent restraining order, and they are losing the kids unless she finds a suitable place to live? Why did he not address those issues? He also broke her nose, which was not addressed either.

-he knows what is going on in the news. So why didn't he respond to any of the hatchet allegations? Or even the ex employers' allegations?

-he states law enforcement is inept. Why?
He also claims the media is out to get him. Typical criminal mentality. But why is the media out to get DN?

-he states he feels for the families since his family members were murdered. What a weird subject to bring up at the end of a letter of innocence.

Hi, Daey,

One more inconsistency: KN said DN watched the news with her and commented that the girls’ murder was ‘disgusting’. If what KN said is true, how can (1) DN not know where Delphi is and (2) he would have heard about the murders prior to his arrest in CO, not after like the letter claims.

I don’t know if DN wrote the letter.
I’m still on the fence as to whether or not DN = BG.

But based on the inconsistency I noted above, provided DN is the author of the letter, one of them is caught in a lie. Makes me question which one, and why?

Hi, Jax!
I’m wondering about the touch/contact DNA ISP found on the girls and their clothing. I read somewhere that contact DNA can be on objects, such as clothing for weeks, if not months. If contact DNA sticks around that long, there could be a LOT found on the girls’ clothes, between family, friends, classmates, etc, there’s a possibility of a high number of samples which need to be processed in order to be compared to people known to the girls or against possible POIs.
And, I would think, the possibility that the killer(s) left no DNA - touch or otherwise.

Yes that too. I've always thought about this one. Because he said in a Greeno interview a while back that he hasn't heard of the girls until September too. Then KN said they watched it together.

He's either lying. But why?
OR
She's lying. Why?
-attention (doesn't believe he's guilty but likes doing these interviews)
-covering for him (wanted to make him seem sympathetic to the murders).

Hi, Daey,

One more inconsistency: KN said DN watched the news with her and commented that the girls’ murder was ‘disgusting’. If what KN said is true, how can (1) DN not know where Delphi is and (2) he would have heard about the murders prior to his arrest in CO, not after like the letter claims.

I don’t know if DN wrote the letter.
I’m still on the fence as to whether or not DN = BG.

But based on the inconsistency I noted above, provided DN is the author of the letter, one of them is caught in a lie. Makes me question which one, and why?

The way I see it is that ISP did not say who they obtained the DNA from, DN or CO LE. So as everything else in this case nobody knows the facts about anything. CO LE had DN in custody so there is some ownership there while ISP was invited guess and I could see any defense attorney telling ISP no and CO had to step in and oblige. I am on the fence with DN but now that we have both him and KN volunteering information while not being integrated with contradicting information I see things getting interesting when there is no reason to lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname