GUILTY IN - April Tinsley, 8, Fort Wayne, 1 April 1988 *Arrest*

I have to wonder if this guy is some type of true-crime or police junkie...The note and the message on the barn are eerily similar to some of those left by the original Zodiac. "I am the same person that kidnapped"---"I am the person who killed those two"....."If I dont see this in the paper.." "I will kill again..."

Even the message on the barn is similar to the message scrawled on the car door at Lake Berryessa. The handwriting is reminiscent of the Zodiac's. If it weren't for the DNA in the condoms being (I presume) a match from that taken from the body, I'd think this was just someone seeking attention.

I would be willing to wager, however, that this guy is known to the police in some way, probably even volunteered to search for April when she went missing.

And I'm quite sure he knows how to spell April & leaving a used condom????!!!

The notes are a lot like BTK whenever one of his targets foiled his plans and got away. I doubt they are random or impulsive. He probably stalked these other girls and would have done worse but thankfully the opportunity never presented itself.

I wonder if investigators can piece anything together about who could have been frequently in those areas at the same time as those girls for weeks or months. Any routes or jobs in common. Any school teachers who changed schools between those areas. Any of the POI sex offenders who moved between those areas, etc.

Fascinating case for sure. Wonder if there are any other letters, or writings in the case that the police held back?

You hit the nail on the head. The writing looks alot like zodiac's. I am sorting and comparing it now. Zodiac was never known to have raped or sexually assaulted anybody, but the writing, taunting police, wording, and the interest in seeing the letter published in the paper, is all like zodiac. I have some more stuff that matches as well that I am putting together, will see where it goes. I agree, zodiac would be the type to take credit for a crime he didn't do like this one, and write a letter for it, but in this case, looks like police think the letter writer is also the rapist/murderer.

This case is most disgusting, and I can't even imagine the sleezy slimeball dirtbag that did this to this little girl

Morf, I don't see any of my posts on this thread, but I did post that this slime ball was a lot like Zodiac. This guy didn't rape April ,he used his sick toy, so Zodiac is still a good suspect in her case I believe ?

This should be addressed behind closed doors Sandy

http://www.21alive.com/nbc33/Compos...r-in-April-Tinsley-murder-case-311100181.html
3ac68785121b084729b8b995db60c5c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmm, I work at a truckyard which is probably why I always think of truckers but I just can't help but think how easy it is for them to 1) if they constantly do a specific route, get familiarized with it and know their way around a certian area 2) come and go fairly unnoticed.3) Sometimes these truckers end up getting "stuck" at a certian destination for a few days so who knows what these guys do while they're there. The place where I work at does a fair amount of trips to fort wayne in and I could easily see a trucker doing this, and obviously not all truckers are bad people but I just think it would be pretty easy to get away with a crime like this if you were a trucker. Maybe a trucker has nothing to do with this case but I do think that they should be investigated more thoroughly when it comes to crimes like these.

Hi everybody, I have a theory about the April Tinsley case that I'd like to share. This is pretty much a copy-pasta of an email I originally sent to the hosts of True Crime Garage after listening to their episode on the April Tinsley murder. I really think I might be on to something, I hope so anyway.

The author of the barn message in 1990, and the notes from 2004 is not the killer, but it is somebody very close to the killer. Not only that, but the purpose of the barn message and the notes isn't to brag, or get attention, it's a warning. The person who raped and murdered April took her in broad daylight in a suburban neighbourhood, that means the suspect is someone who is very confident and brazen, a real risk taker, but one who clearly knows how to hide his tracks because he's never been caught, so he's smart. He leaves the sex toy because he knows it can't be traced back to him, and in 1988 he had every reason to believe that. The first DNA conviction in the US was in 1987, and it wasn't upheld by the Supreme Court in final appeals until 1994.
The public also didn't really know about or understand DNA until the mid 90s, mostly thanks to Jurassic Park.

In short, I think that April's killer is probably reasonably intelligent, which is one reason's he's gone uncaught for so long. But the notes are illiterate, almost childlike and I don't think that's faked. Why would a confident, risk taker who has no problem abducting a child in broad daylight suddenly resort to faking strange, illiterate notes years later?
The clue is in that first letter, where it says "If you don't report this to the police"..."if I don't see this in the paper or on the news."
Why would somebody who's aim is to abduct and murder children do something that is guaranteed to raise the entire community's threat level to full volume? I think it's because the notes are designed to have that effect, the author wants law enforcement and the media to pay attention because they want people to keep a closer eye on their kids, and be on the look out for suspicious individuals.
The author of the notes knows who the killer is, and is very close to him, my guess is that it's his mother or some other close relative, probably female, and the point of these notes is to try and prevent another abduction and murder by putting the community on high alert. This person feels unable to come forward, possibly out of fear, or because s/he can't bear to turn this person in to police. If the childlike illiteracy of the notes is genuine, this person is poorly educated, possibly below average IQ and with very poor reasoning skills, which is why this whole thing with notes makes sense to them, when a normal person would just make an anonymous call to Crimestoppers or something.
So, what about the used condoms and polaroids? S/he includes used condoms or polaroids to ensure that the messages are taken seriously and believed to be from the killer. The inclusion of DNA doesn't come with the notes until 2004, because by then, basic understanding of DNA is widespread thanks to shows like CSI and Forensic Files.
So, why the long gaps between notes? I believe this killer grew up in Fort Wayne, but no longer lives there. He visits home from time to time, but not very often. It's possible that he's returned more times than there have been notes sent, but the visits have either been very short, hence no notes, or for some reason the note sender believed he wouldn't have the opportunity to abduct another child. I also think this killer may spend a lot of time overseas, and may have committed similar crimes in other countries. This might also be why his visits "home" are so infrequent, and why there have been no similar crimes in the US, at least none that have been identified as such.
Finally, I'd like to point out something about the barn message because I think it's good evidence for my theory.
It's the first message, this person is desperate to warn people somehow, and probably somewhat panicked. They initially write the barn message in pencil, but realise it's not visible enough, another child might die if they don't get this message out. So s/he goes back and goes over it again in crayon. But again, s/he worries it's not enough, so does this a third time. Then there's a 14 year gap, and by the time the killer comes home again, s/he's decided to send notes instead. They know about DNA now, so find some to include with the notes.

I hope my theory doesn't sound completely crazy, thanks for reading.

~Sakura

You're saying his mother would go through her sons trash, looking for used condoms and send them to little girls?

No.... Come on.

Yes, but not because she wants to send condoms to little girl. Remember this is just my personal theory, and I believe that an older female relative is behind the graffiti and all that other stuff. Used condoms are a balloon full of DNA evidence, she's not sending the condoms to the little girls, she's sending them to the cops, via the littlle girl. She can't come forward herself for whatever reasons, probably due to living with the culprit, or having a great fear of him, whether he's there or not.

Here is the show from Crime Watch Daily. It is very well done. They made a new aged composite of the killer from his DNA.

[video=youtube;1gT_TZX5E9E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gT_TZX5E9E[/video]

I saw a picture of April on google images and she had dark hair. In all the other pics I have seen of her she had blond hair with brown roots. Did she have her hair dyed??? Or just lightened by the sun?

Did April make it to the friends house that lived two blocks away? In other words, was she taken on the way TO the friends house or on the way home?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back