IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #2

I suspect some kindly person (not an actual sketch artist) took it upon themselves to help out. I'm gonna take the high road here and assume good intentions.

(On the part of the artist- not the parents)

I suspect some kindly person (not an actual sketch artist) took it upon themselves to help out. I'm gonna take the high road here and assume good intentions.

(On the part of the artist- not the parents)

I think you're absolutely correct. And I'm not putting down the talent of the artist at all. It's much better than I could draw, for sure. It's just laughable that a parent would release these as sketches of the people that stole their child, especially while claiming he can remember every detail!

Have Delano's parents made any pleas via the media directly addressing this couple? I could have missed such a plea but all I've seen so far in interviews are criticisms that LE isn't doing enough, that they are angry that fingers are being pointed at them, etc.

Now that they have this so-called sketch, professionally done or not, wouldn't it be a perfect time to hold it up to the camera and say something like "If anyone has seen this couple, please, please call the police," or "You know who you are - we're begging you to bring Delano back, he needs to be with his mom and dad," or whatever.

Instead, the father continues to focus on himself and how he will be assisting LE by giving the sketch to police and printing up fliers. He seems more interested in inserting himself into the investigation and "proving" that he's telling the truth.

http://www.wthr.com/story/26641743/...ays-sketches-show-the-people-who-took-his-son

They haven't even said his name aloud as far as I can remember. :-(
Have Delano's parents made any pleas via the media directly addressing this couple? I could have missed such a plea but all I've seen so far in interviews are criticisms that LE isn't doing enough, that they are angry that fingers are being pointed at them, etc.

Now that they have this so-called sketch, professionally done or not, wouldn't it be a perfect time to hold it up to the camera and say something like "If anyone has seen this couple, please, please call the police," or "You know who you are - we're begging you to bring Delano back, he needs to be with his mom and dad," or whatever.

Instead, the father continues to focus on himself and how he will be assisting LE by giving the sketch to police and printing up fliers. He seems more interested in inserting himself into the investigation and "proving" that he's telling the truth.

http://www.wthr.com/story/26641743/...ays-sketches-show-the-people-who-took-his-son

There was a tearful plea from the mom early on. She stated there was no animosity, she just wanted her baby back. She plead with the couple to drop Delano off at a fire department or even a BP gas station. She said no questions would be asked, just send him home. She talked with reporters about not being able to sleep, think straight and said it was agonizing not being able to hold her son.

I could not find the links on my saved files, but am pretty sure I found this one in the media thread for this case. (or in the first thread).

The Mom has made pleas at least twice that I know of. I can certainly understand the family being frustrated and upset with law enforcement, when it seems they aren't doing anything to find their son, and I'm not saying that's the case I'm saying that's how it seems to family at times I'm sure.

This may have been asked in Delano's previous thread, sorry if it has been. I glanced through it a while ago but don't remember seeing it.

Anyway, was Delano supposedly taken before or after he was hit in the head with the gun? TIA

This may have been asked in Delano's previous thread, sorry if it has been. I glanced through it a while ago but don't remember seeing it.

Anyway, was Delano supposedly taken before or after he was hit in the head with the gun? TIA

Willie was trying to keep them from taking the baby so they pistol whipped him, when he came to, they saw them taking Delano.

http://fox59.com/2014/08/27/amber-alert-one-month-old-baby-missing-and-in-extreme-danger/
IMPD Sgt. Kendale Adams told FOX59 the child went missing after a man and woman approached the father, robbed him and pistol-whipped him. When the father regained consciousness, he saw his child being taken away.

Here is one link to one of the times the Mom was on tv pleading for her son...

http://www.wthr.com/story/26388916/2014/08/27/amber-alert-issued-for-indianapolis-baby

Thanks for the link! It makes me feel a little better. Has the dad made similar statements? If so then is it possible that LE has developed tunnel vision about the case? IOW, something makes them suspect one or both parents are involved and therefore they are ignoring the information about the robbers? It's hard to imagine LE refusing to utilize their own sketch artist otherwise.

At the same time, I also listened to the 911 call again and it's concerning that the dad said "I just been robbed, and someone took my daughter... I mean my son." Not so much about the gender confusion but rather because he mentioned the robbery first. I would have expected him to report the kidnapping of his baby first, or at the very least to say something like "A couple attacked me and took my baby." To say he was "robbed" just seems odd.

This case is so confusing. I hope LE will unseal the search warrant soon and let us know the status of their investigation. In the meantime, with the information that has been released so far there are more questions than answers.

Thanks for the link! It makes me feel a little better. Has the dad made similar statements? If so then is it possible that LE has developed tunnel vision about the case? IOW, something makes them suspect one or both parents are involved and therefore they are ignoring the information about the robbers? It's hard to imagine LE refusing to utilize their own sketch artist otherwise.

At the same time, I also listened to the 911 call again and it's concerning that the dad said "I just been robbed, and someone took my daughter... I mean my son." Not so much about the gender confusion but rather because he mentioned the robbery first. I would have expected him to report the kidnapping of his baby first, or at the very least to say something like "A couple attacked me and took my baby." To say he was "robbed" just seems odd.

This case is so confusing. I hope LE will unseal the search warrant soon and let us know the status of their investigation. In the meantime, with the information that has been released so far there are more questions than answers.

I think we all also have a problem with dad mentioning the robbery first. There is also a problem in that he reported being robbed yet was left with his cell phone and pot. This case is just so sad.

Once again, thank you for the link. I apologize for shooting my mouth off without doing enough homework. It makes sense that the mom would be pleading for the return of her child while the father is angry that no one is taking him seriously.

I did notice something interesting in this interview. The mom says

“I don’t wish this on other parents. I’m too young to be going through this. I just got my job two days ago. I was going to provide for my baby,” she continued. “He means the world to me and his dad. We are good parents. We work hard. We work really hard to provide for a child. And for you to take him away is just tearing a hole in my family and in my heart he doesn’t deserve this. Please, please let my son go.”

That's an awfully personal plea and not one I would expect her to make to a couple of strangers. It sounds like she's trying to explain that she would be a good mother to her child. Why would strangers care about that?

Is it possible that a family member questioned her ability to care for her baby or accused her of not being a good mother? Could she suspect that Delano was taken by a relative who felt she couldn't provide for her child?

In the recent interview she was quoted as saying:

"I feel in my spirit that my baby's okay. I just need him back with us, with his family"

I'm suspicious that the dad had something to do with Delano's disappearance but the comments by the mom do make me wonder if there is something else going on.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back