IN - Delano Wilson, 1 mo., Indianapolis, 27 Aug 2014 - #2

I have always found her plea strange....she never said her son's name and like you say, she seems like she's trying to defend herself from the start.

I just hope they find him, wherever he is. :(

Her plea is strange because it is about herself and her husband, and not about her baby. Everything these two say pops up red flags all over the place (at least to me).

The 911 call starts out with alibi building "I was robbed". Think about that for a second. I challenge any parent here (and even non-parent) to think about what you would expect in a 911 call from a father whose child was just ripped from his arms. It would start "HELP!!! My child has been taken!!!" No one in that situation would ever start that 911 call with what should be the least important thing to them at that moment, namely that they had been robbed and beaten. That would be the last thing on that person's mind. They would only be thinking about their child.

The cops do not have tunnel vision. What they have is what we all have, namely an innate ability to know how a parent in this situation should talk. Cops also know that the vast majority of the time when a parent claims their infant was abducted or kidnapped, that it is a lie to cover up another crime.

Her plea is strange because it is about herself and her husband, and not about her baby. Everything these two say pops up red flags all over the place (at least to me).

The 911 call starts out with alibi building "I was robbed". Think about that for a second. I challenge any parent here (and even non-parent) to think about what you would expect in a 911 call from a father whose child was just ripped from his arms. It would start "HELP!!! My child has been taken!!!" No one in that situation would ever start that 911 call with what should be the least important thing to them at that moment, namely that they had been robbed and beaten. That would be the last thing on that person's mind. They would only be thinking about their child.

The cops do not have tunnel vision. What they have is what we all have, namely an innate ability to know how a parent in this situation should talk. Cops also know that the vast majority of the time when a parent claims their infant was abducted or kidnapped, that it is a lie to cover up another crime.

I've been taken to task in other cases for mentioning "alibi-building" so I've gotten a bit shy about pointing it out but now that you've brought it up first... I agree. ;)

IMO, it should be noted as unexpected whenever someone makes a statement that tries to explain the "why" of an emergency rather than what the emergency is. Can you imagine someone whose house is on fire calling 911 and responding to "What's your emergency?" with "I was ironing my son's baseball uniform and now my house is burning?" I can't.

While it doesn't automatically mean something sinister is afoot - panicked people sometimes say and do odd things - it could be significant when looking at the surrounding circumstances. In Delano's case he's an infant who was abducted, which is about as worst-case scenario you can get. I can't think of a single good reason why his dad considered the robbery important enough to mention first.

I would love a link! I've been eager to know how his name is pronounced! <Mod Snip>

Reminder...

Law Enforcement has not named anyone including the parents suspect or a person of interest. You can discuss inconsistencies with what we know thru the media and from law enforcement. We are not going to discuss anyone as a suspect until or unless law enforcement says so.

Ima

This little guy was getting too far down on the page, so I am bumping.

JMO - It's probably been said before, but the "story" and these parents remind me of the Lisa Irwin case.... I just have a feeling these babies were sold on the black market - to parents who simply wanted a baby. Hopefully they are well taken care of and loved.

I also listened to the 911 call again and it's concerning that the dad said "I just been robbed, and someone took my daughter... I mean my son." Not so much about the gender confusion but rather because he mentioned the robbery first. I would have expected him to report the kidnapping of his baby first, or at the very least to say something like "A couple attacked me and took my baby." To say he was "robbed" just seems odd.

Especially since HE WASN'T ROBBED. All they took was the baby. Police found his 2 cell phones, wallet, and marijuana in his pocket. So why not say "They hit me in the head and they took my baby."

JMO - It's probably been said before, but the "story" and these parents remind me of the Lisa Irwin case.... I just have a feeling these babies were sold on the black market - to parents who simply wanted a baby. Hopefully they are well taken care of and loved.

I do not think these babies are ever sold on the black market. It sounds a lot "nicer" than babies being dead, but in all my years of following cases like this, I have never once seen any evidence that the baby was sold. Never.

I have also seen I think maybe one or two instances of a baby being sold on the black market in all my adult years of reading the news. It is almost always something that happens between the same immigrant group and is actually more like an adoption to them (i.e. that 's just how they do it back home).

This thing of babies being sold on the black market to me is something like devil worshipers being responsible for a murder - it comes up a lot as a possibility without any actual evidence to support it.

Yet another case that will slowly and silently drift back page by page, leaving us forever wondering what happened to Delano. :(

Yet another case that will slowly and silently drift back page by page, leaving us forever wondering what happened to Delano. :(

It reminds me of the little darling 2 yr old boy who was watching football with his family in their double wide, and he disappeared. POOF. Gone without a trace. I feel horrible not being able to remeber his name, but I do remeber his gorgeous big brown eyes. His mom was pregnant and they lived with the inlaws. Everyone was home and nothing has ever been revealed.

Still no news. :( I wonder if LE has considered searching some of the wooded areas again. I've seen cases where evidence was missed the first time around.

Indianapolis Metropolitan police have questioned family members repeatedly and spent numerous days searching wooded areas and bodies of water near where the infant went missing. They’ve talked with people who live in the area often and continue to encourage people with information to step forward. IMPD is also waiting for test results tied to a search of Delano’s home on Labor Day.

http://fox59.com/2014/09/27/family-releases-sketches-one-month-after-babys-disappearance/

And it looks like nothing ever developed from that witness sighting on August 28:

The witness told 24 Hour News 8 that he saw a Hispanic woman walking down the sidewalk with a stroller with a baby in it. He said the woman was wearing a green shirt and was walking quickly.

He said she was also looking over her shoulder often as she walked by. The witness also said he had never seen the woman in the area before.

http://wishtv.com/2014/08/28/family-of-missing-infant-reacts-to-his-abduction/

Poor helpless baby Delano. I wish someone - anyone - would come forward with information.

It reminds me of the little darling 2 yr old boy who was watching football with his family in their double wide, and he disappeared. POOF. Gone without a trace. I feel horrible not being able to remeber his name, but I do remeber his gorgeous big brown eyes. His mom was pregnant and they lived with the inlaws. Everyone was home and nothing has ever been revealed.

http://thepeopleschampion.me/baby-j...out-what-happened-the-night-the-tot-vanished/

Similar right down to the distancing language, and parents handing out flyers and searching ....

Joshua's pictures remind me of Delano, both beautiful babies!

Backlog at Marion County crime lab means delays in 1,742 cases
TheIndyChannel.com Staff , Jack Rinehart
9:59 PM, Oct 2, 2014
8:09 AM, Oct 3, 2014

<snipped>
One month ago Thursday, Indianapolis police and crime scene technicians spent hours in the home of the parents of 6-week-old Delano Wilson.
<snipped>
The blood work of baby Delano Wilson and 321 other cases still awaited testing and results.

This is why there's so much silence. Perhaps they did find DNA evidence inside the home. They're just waiting for lab results to confirm.

Poor baby Delano. :frown: I'm afraid this isn't going to turn out well.

In the Jenice Wright murder case, a crime lab was staffed 24 hours a day until all the dna swabs could be processed.

It's a shame that swift justice is being held captive by crime lab backlog/underfunding. We give billions of dollars away in foreign aid, just sayin ...

Part of the investigation has focused on the swift collection and testing of forensic evidence, and authorities have said everyone in the 103-unit community complied voluntarily with a request for DNA samples. Wilson confirmed Sunday the suspect was among those who provided DNA. The Washington State Patrol supported the investigation by staffing its crime lab 24 hours a day until all the samples could be processed.
http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2024286892_bremertonfoloxml.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian
Back