IN IN - Diamond Bynum, 21, & King Walker, 2, Gary, 25 July 2015

Have they at least found the guy they are looking for?

IKR! It's hard to know what's being done in this case. I am just not fathoming that a bigger outcry is not happening for a missing toddler and mentally and physically challenged woman! Where are these two? Do the police feel they're safe? Custody issue or something? I'm just not getting it.

PS I don't mean this toward the family...Mr. Bynum's FB postings are heartwrenching and I know the family is working hard. Is LE? I pray so!

First time posting .. I read that they got the gas station to hand over the hard drive! Hopefully that turns out helpful!

First time posting .. I read that they got the gas station to hand over the hard drive! Hopefully that turns out helpful!

Welcome LydiaxDeetz:welcome:

I read that they had to go through an act of Congress to get this surveillance footage. That is so wrong! I hope the people of Gary and the police there are doing more good than harm.

hi guys, also a first time poster here! the information here is rather strange-

http://nwigazette.com/2015/08/police-retrieve-hard-drive-in-diamond-bynum-king-walker-case/

"Mr. Bynum believes that the computer at the gas station may contain footage of his daughter and grandson. Bynum says that police requested the video on several occasions and the gas station owners refused to turn it over. The situation gets dicey after that. The video of July 25, 2015 has been recorded over. The system at the gas station holds video for ten days due to storage limitations.

The Gazette spoke via telephone with a man claiming to be the owner of the station. He stated that police had viewed the video on three separate occasions. A man named “Mike”, who stated he was the manager of the station, told us that the police never requested the video and never viewed it. Police sources confirmed that the video was requested within the ten day time frame but police were told to come back and only later learned that the video had been deleted. Now it will be up to computer experts to determine if any data can be recovered."

Family calls for alerts to be issued for missing woman, toddler
400x225
400x225
400x225
400x225

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...-walker-mom-press-st-0830-20150829-story.html

still missing?
makes you wonder if someone else is involved, it has been too long for diamond and king to be gone like this with no money and no transport

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi pukasonqo2...yes, someone else appears to be involved as the police have a "suspect" that they are looking for. No clear idea of what led them to this suspect or what they think has happened to Diamond & King. I can't help but feel that , in this case, the police aren't taking this seriously enough. For Heaven's sake, this is a disabled young lady and a baby!

ETA: Just saw the article below...now the police are saying they are no longer looking for this "suspect" , and a local community leader and member of the NAACP says he thinks they're ok. WTH???

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...um-search-goes-on-st-0829-20150828-story.html

I can't read these articles it's asking me to subscribe. Is there a way around that? This case kills me I don't know why I've become so emotionally involved it's the reason I subscribed to this website and I check for updates EVERY day and night. I've NEVER gotten so involved and now I feel like addicted to this (and now other ) cases. I pray every day for them and their family I can't imagine .. I truly can't imagine the fear and pain they're going through

This one has gotten to me too, Lydia, mostly b/c I don't understand why there's not more outrage and alerts from LE, 2 very vulnerable people , both children you might as well say, vanished. Unless they know something we don't....

As for reading the tribune articles, try googling the names of the two missing, and you might see those articles under different reprints. That's how I got in and was able to read the Chicago Tribune articles.

hi guys, also a first time poster here! the information here is rather strange-

http://nwigazette.com/2015/08/police-retrieve-hard-drive-in-diamond-bynum-king-walker-case/

:welcome5:

I agree, LydiaxDeetz.
And Diamond & King's FB group seem to agree with your point, eeriemma, according to this new article that came out 2 hours ago.

Questions surround why no Amber Alert was issued in case of missing woman, toddler
A Facebook group with nearly 5,000 people dedicated to search efforts for the pair spent the weekend discussing why an Amber Alert was never issued.

oh thanks it also states she graduated high school so she is functioning at a higher level than i expected.

Yep i'm thinking social media will have more leads.

Honestly, graduating high school doesn't necessarily mean anything. My ex's brother is developmentally disabled and non-verbal but still "graduated". He is completely incapable of living on his own, though. If he went missing it would be like a 3-4 year old being missing.

I haven't read all the articles so maybe this has been covered, but my questions are:

Where are the nephew's parents?

Why was Diamond with the boy in the first place? Was she babysitting him? Or did she just take him outside to play or for a walk?

I hate to say it but if this little boy looked like Lonzie Barton I bet this case would be getting a lot more attention.

Honestly, graduating high school doesn't necessarily mean anything. My ex's brother is developmentally disabled and non-verbal but still "graduated". He is completely incapable of living on his own, though. If he went missing it would be like a 3-4 year old being missing.

I haven't read all the articles so maybe this has been covered, but my questions are:

Where are the nephew's parents?

Why was Diamond with the boy in the first place? Was she babysitting him? Or did she just take him outside to play or for a walk?

I hate to say it but if this little boy looked like Lonzie Barton I bet this case would be getting a lot more attention.

The grandmother of the boy was watching him but she fell asleep and when she woke up they both were gone.

I am wondering that.... is Gary IN within say reasonable driving distance to Chicago?? I'm completely unfamiliar with that part of the country......

Yes, Gary is just outside of Chicago.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

I checked google maps and it says the park in Chicago is about 45 minutes drive from Gary.

Some of the earlier reports stated it wasn't known if all body parts belonged to the same person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back