IN IN - Jason Bolton, 16, Fayette County, 21 Aug 1991

I have read about Jason a few months ago. I hope the exhume his body and open an investigation.
Why would the police and the coroner act this way when the accident occured? What were they trying to cover up? The fact they did not tell the family the extent of the injuries is bizarre. Someone is run over by a car and his penis become detatched? That seems pretty unlikely, doesn't it?
God, it is frustrating to read about cases like this that have completely mis-managed and botched from the beginning.

Peace,
Welcome to WS, have you contacted Tomi regarding the info posted? I initially invited her here to WS, a long time ago, and I don't even recall where I had initially found her story. Back then I was on a MSN dead beat dads site and may have run across her there. It could have also been via an ancestry site as well.

Does she know there is activity here at WS? I think she didn't stick around here when we posted her case in the Cold Cases forum and there was little activity. She posted here in a few area's.

I have read about Jason a few months ago. I hope the exhume his body and open an investigation.
Why would the police and the coroner act this way when the accident occured? What were they trying to cover up? The fact they did not tell the family the extent of the injuries is bizarre. Someone is run over by a car and his penis become detatched? That seems pretty unlikely, doesn't it?
God, it is frustrating to read about cases like this that have completely mis-managed and botched from the beginning.

IIRC from the Missing Person's piece, the coroner is not an ME and has come under fire more than once for his findings. His term is over and he cannot be re-elected and the laws in Indiana now require a coroner to be a licensed ME.

Where the story goes astray for me is the belief that the coroner can squash a request to exhume. If the sister is looking for the state to foot the bill, it can be done via probate court as long as she has compelling evidence. I would say the photos qualify as compelling evidence. The work up alone was...ummm...nothing like I have ever seen,let's put it that way.

If there is pressure on this coroner to leave well enough alone, then I would think that the relationships of the primary people involved in the case should be looked at...there has to be an Indiana Bureau of Investigation...if not the State Police could bring in the FBI, or the family could request it after they had requested the DA take a look at the case....

I have attempted to contact her to help her with fundraising ... research .. and to get the word out to more media channels ... so that the public can help her. From what I understand ... she has enough evidence to open an inquest ... and to request an autopsy .... just limited financial means ... no attorney .. and no media exposure to encourage LE to do so. I have emailed her a couple of times to her last know email address ... no reponse. The last know public comment she appears to have made on this case was November 2007. And if you were not aware .... another family member of hers was "accidently blown up in an auto fire in his drive way" not too long ago. Something is VERY WRONG here. I will post the link to the site where Tomijo last communicated with the public on the case.

She replied to a few emails from me a few years ago. Before she had the Myspace page. Have you tried contacting her via myspace?

I have attempted to contact her to help her with fundraising ... research .. and to get the word out to more media channels ... so that the public can help her. From what I understand ... she has enough evidence to open an inquest ... and to request an autopsy .... just limited financial means ... no attorney .. and no media exposure to encourage LE to do so. I have emailed her a couple of times to her last know email address ... no reponse. The last know public comment she appears to have made on this case was November 2007. And if you were not aware .... another family member of hers was "accidently blown up in an auto fire in his drive way" not too long ago. Something is VERY WRONG here. I will post the link to the site where Tomijo last communicated with the public on the case.

Last known public comments on this case from Tomijo were in 2007.

The site to get a condense story of the events and challenges facing this family are outlined on the site called "Palladium-Item" - search for jason dale Bolton or 15 year old cold case .....

http://forums.pal-item.com/viewtopic.php?t=1609&sid=5b5dabead4cd33b36e75bdcf22bfae99

There is a long discussion on the roadblocks facing this poor family with limited means .... JUSTICE SHOULD NOT BE JUST THE PEOPLE WHO CAN PAY FOR IT!

I am willing to help this family with a NATIONAL fundraising campaign on a volunteer basis ..... something is not right with this entire story.

God Bless us all.

This is a stretch ..... BUT could Jason have been a police informant that was being used to infiltrate the area drug scene? Being very young, impresionable, and gaining access to drugs and alcohol .... was he being questioned by LE on drug users and distributors in the area?

Think for just a moment ... his friend - "Tiny Tim" ... was with him the entire day and at the time of his attack ... and death. Tiny Tim was JUST released hours earlier from jail for dealing LSD.

It is reported that Jason was killed at the residence of Tiny Tim's father's home by Jason's sister ... during a party that went bad ... and Jason was attacked and mutilated in front of a large group of witnesses.

Jason was hit by an auto driven by a person who was living with Jason's sister's ex-husband ... who was also recently released from jail; reason unknown ... drugs .. domestic violence??

Police refuse to provide family with actual details of the initial accident in 1991 ... and have not assisted them with providing the crime and accident reports to this day on what they have investigated and documented.

Is it because of a "larger drug distribution and crime investigation" that Jason got caught up in ???

Does anyone know if the msn group that has the pictures and anonymas letter is still out there?

The MSN site is administered by Jason's sister (Tomijoe) ... and invite only. I have not seen the accident photos or the annon letters describing what may have happened to Jason.

Per Tomijo ... she believes there was a fight at a party that on a Tuesday evening August 20,21 1991 ... and Jason was attacked by a group of aquaintences, friends, neighbors (males 21-23 years old) and a knife was used to mortally wound and mutilate him. It is the accident photos and annon letters that she refers to that I have not seen for myself ... however ... others .... like the story on missing peices - episode 52 have eluded to.

I have been supportive of the family just with the other public information that was released and posted on the Justice for Jason Dale Bolton site.

Can anyone from this site confirm whether they have actually seen the accident photos and the annon letters and if the injuries appear to be from an auto accident or a knife attack.

Thanks, Peace. I agree with her that it sounds like he was killed and dumped in the road and that the car accident was just an accident. I'm just curious of what the anonymous letters said. Was it from someone who claimed to have seen him murdered? I cannot believe that this was covered up so quickly. I would be outraged too.

Why the Indiana Bureau of Investigation or FBI has not presented their findings ... if they have any .... onto the State's Attorney's Office.

The least that could be done is to have a new autopsy to possibly confirm or rule out a knife attack from the injuries or wounds.

If not able to confirm a knife was used ... it would be hard to prove malice intent to injure and the accident may have occurred. If knife caused wounds to bones ... and there is DNA ... , witness statements, etc. ... corner the suspects .... offer immunity to one of them .... and charge the others.

16 years is way too long to resolve this case.

Peace

Why the Indiana Bureau of Investigation or FBI has not presented their findings ... if they have any .... onto the State's Attorney's Office.

The least that could be done is to have a new autopsy to possibly confirm or rule out a knife attack from the injuries or wounds.

If not able to confirm a knife was used ... it would be hard to prove malice intent to injure and the accident may have occurred. If knife caused wounds to bones ... and there is DNA ... , witness statements, etc. ... corner the suspects .... offer immunity to one of them .... and charge the others.

16 years is way too long to resolve this case.

Peace

So either/both the FBI and Indiana Bureau of Investigation has investigated the case?

I mean, challenging the theory that Jason was castrated by a vehicle running over him wouldn't be difficult to do given an opportunity I would think.

Per the JusticeforJasonDaleBolton website ... the casue of death has been changed from accident to "unknown and unknown cause" with an investigation "on-going".

Not sure where the IBI or FBI is on the matter.

Per the JusticeforJasonDaleBolton website ... the casue of death has been changed from accident to "unknown and unknown cause" with an investigation "on-going".

Not sure where the IBI or FBI is on the matter.

IIRC, Jason's sister said she felt it was a ploy to prevent the complete ME report and police reports from being released. The state police could have changed it themselves.

I think this case is awful-but I have to say that after scratching the surface I would love to get a little more detail on what has been going on these last 16 years...Indiana has an incredible pro bono system if an attorney is needed and I think this is a good case for some more media attention. Peace-notice one of the threads here at WS mentions Dateline NBC wanting story ideas-this might be a good one for them....a 48 hours Mystery Episode....

Would be a great place to start getting more media attention on the case ... however ... I wanted to encourage Tomijo to seek out that request. For some unknown reason she has gone silent on the web reagarding her request for help .... for reasons I do not know;

a. Maybe she is finally getting help from LE and there is an open investigation by the Police, IBI, and FBI.
b. She is fearfull for her family and her own children ... she has stated that the community at large is scared to speak out or be identified ... after all Laurel, IN is still very small at less than 550 residents.

NOTE: I also discovered during my research on this case ... that since the investigation was reported as reopened by Tomijo ... and her posts have essentially stopped ... there have been a number of major DRUG Busts in Eastern Indiana (Franklin County and Larel, IN) and Western Ohio (Hamilton) since March 2007. These arrests indicate some dangerous people were taken off the streets ... hopefully .... one home had over 35 guns and a machine gun with rounds ..... in LAUREL !

Maybe one of these drug trafficers .. dealing in the growing, manufacture, and distribution of POT will speak on what they know happened to Jason to work out a plea.

Peace.

What I believe may be complicating the investigation of this sad tale ... is the lack of open and honest information to the family from the get go. The family from the start believed ... and understandably so ...that Jason was killed as a pedestrian in an auto accident. They were advised accurately that he was drinking, passed out, fell a sleep where accident occurred. Dealing with their initial shock and grief ... they were in no position to question authorities so they prepared their good bye to their beloved brother, son, grandson.

The story as i understand from by research:

Tomijo and her family started to move forward with their lives ... always wondering as we all do ... what happened that night , how could it be, what really happened, after all Jason was safe with his family and friends ... not strangers.

They honor Jason every year on his birthday .... and through the years ... some people began to talk .... rumors .... leaks .... leads ... call them what you like ... but the family began to get suspicious. Tomijo takes the lead ... and is determined to get to the bottom of what happen for reasons I will tell you in later.

She initiates contact with the coroner (just 5 years ago ... 11 years after Jason's death) to request his report on Jason as well as any documents and accident photos that he may have of the scene or of Jason. When she gets his report ... she is overcome with shock that her brothers death was ruled an accident without further investigation. There are way too many questions that have never been answered for ... based on his report alone.

So Tomijo and family go to LE and try the traditional route of seeking help ... getting nowhere .... as funds, interest, or resources are not available to re-open the investigation ... Tomijo turns to the web with a broadcast plea for help to the media and concerned citizens to please help her grieving family.

Check out her story on JusticeforJasonDaleBolton.com

So the story goes as told by Tomijo in her on-line posts;

The investigation gets very complicated for several reasons ... with suspicious coroner and accident photos in hand .... Tomijo cannot secure cooperation from LE or the community to come forward with information on what may have happened to Jason that night and who may have been responsible. Remember this is a very small town ... and everyone is either a friend, neighbor, family ... or knows everyone. .... including LE. Laurel, Indiana and to a larger extent ... Connersville, Indiana.

So with no-one talking ... and rumors flying around on what "might of occurred that night" ... Tomijo retraces her brother's steps from the time he got up to work that day to the time he was found early the next morning. So without any witness statements or verified stories ... just coroner report, accident photos, and annon reports .... a number of possible story leads were created to create enough of a reason to investigate.

So many possible scenarios ... so many stories ... so many suspects ... so many motives .... investigators are overwhelmed with the cold case now over 16 years old.

So as any true crime novel would have ..... the multiple suspects in this case are named by first name only in Tomijo's posts and possible leads for investigators provided.

Because no-one was coming forward with information or cooperating with Tomijo or LE .... I believe Tomijo listed (in a general statement) friends, family, neighbors, druggies, drug dealers, molestors, etc. as possible suspects ... which in all honesty appears to be the entire community of Laurel and Connersville, Indiana.

With so many suspects ... leads .... convuluding stories ... and possibly other underground crimes associated with this cold case ... where do authorities begin?

Timeline:

Jason out with friend (recently released from jail for dealing drugs) ... party was to be in his honor that evening? This person .. also last person seen with Jason that evening/early morning ... and charged with obstruction of justice after he lied to police who investigated the case.
Protecting himself and afraid of going back to jail ... or involved with the coverup of Jason's death?

See, I like the obstruction charges-I think that was a very smart thing to do and was clearly successful because the charges stuck. I also like that the death was changed from accidental to unknown cause because I think that is distinct progress. It may be that Jason's sister was asked to back off so the case could be pushed further to a resolution. I appreciate you bringing your knowlege of the case to WS, Peace. If anyone can get a dialog going with jason's sister and she was either willing to post here or willing to speak, I think we have some ready eyes and hands who would help her get the story out to the national media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea
Back