IN IN - Jason Bolton, 16, Fayette County, 21 Aug 1991

Thank you for the bump... This is the first I have heard about this story. I really wonder where his sister is? I do hope she is safe, and that something may be moving foward. Prayers to the family for some sort of closure....

Wow. I had never heard of this case before. Can anyone provide an update?

I don't see any updates Auburn. This is complicated IMHO. The family says there was LE misconduct, and that Jason was murdered. LE ruled this an accidental death and there is no open ongoing investigation that I know of...

Well, I just came by this case and am a bit lost... There seems to be a lot of information of what may have happened but no real detail? Like what sparked such a deadly altercation in the first place? Something like this would be more along the lines of a revenge killing than a typical altercation so having a bit of background into whatever may have happened that I just can't find would be useful.

I first heard of this case 10 years ago when I was Jason's age. I always was curious about the girl he briefly dated and who the father of her baby is, and if he dated her before or after the baby. Castration leads me to believe his death was the act of a jealous rage. Maybe the girl was dating Jason and the boyfriend/baby's father at the same time and when he found out she lied and claimed Jason 'raped' her. A lie that ultimately would led to his death.

Did they even interview the party goers? I agree with the bystander effect; however, someone's conscience mist be driving them crazy.

Another thing, how could someone be castrated from a car accident?!? The only thing I can think of is that the victim would have to of been naked to cause that kind of damage to otherwise covered up body parts.

More questions:
-I hate to be crude, but was 'the piece' lost or recovered at the scene?
-Was it examined for cut marks?
-Was his pants on or pulled down at the crime scene?
-Was someone involved related to someone in law enforcement?

I am appalled LE didn't take this case super seriously, he is a child for goodness sakes! Misty Copsey's case was botched by LE in the beginning, but they are working hard now to fix what was handled carelessly the first time around. I hope that the same thing happens in Jason's case.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

To whom this may concern:

I am writing to you with all my heart and a broken one at that. My brother Jason Dale Bolton killed on August 21, 1991. He at the time was a 16-year-old boy. In Fayette County Indiana, near the Fayette, Franklin and Rush county lines.

My family, many others, as well as myself believe with all our hearts he was not only murdered, but that parts of his privates were cut off, and his body mutilated in other ways as well. This coroners report shows this ever so clearly. His killers also ran over him as well. They were trying to make it look like an accident to the police.

Sadly, there was not a comprehensive investigation by police. We (the family) did not know that his private parts were cut off or the other things done to him. I only found these things out through the Rights to Information Act just recently. His killers were drug addicts, child molesters, rapist, pedophiles, etc. Most of these people that were involved have been in prison, for such things in the years after Jason's murder. They were also involved in such things before Jason's death but got away with them for the most part.

We believe, the police may have been afraid in that this was such a horrifying crime and they took the easy way out. Sorrowfully the police got their information from the people responsible for the crime and cover up. I can understand in some degree law enforcement not wanting to hurt our family further, at the time with the details and not telling us, at that time. Yet, to do a real investigation law enforcement should have been up front with the family. Foul play, had to be suspected in his death at that time. We believed so, not even knowing the facts until years later. However, what we cannot understand is when we have tried to talk with law enforcement, after Jason's funeral and share what we know, we are disregarded. Based on the lies told at that time, they ruled it an accident. Jason my brother was killed, at the age of 16 years in a most horrific way.

The very people doing the cover up were the ones, which the police got their information. They lied to the police and the police based their conclusions on these untruths. They made a critical mistake by not talking with our family and not sharing information, about Jason's death, with the family.

My family has tried to get this case investigated for years only to be told that it is not important enough for them (law enforcement) to spend their time and money on. We have suffered thousands of times over. Jason's death is now on the back burner and left there. I am now told there are no funds or manpower to work Jason's case. The facts of the case warrant a thorough investigation, just as if he were today. The same efforts should warrant now, that the family is privy to how this was botched up, at that time.

I with the help of others am trying to get Americans Most Wanted, FBI and others involved, hopefully with some success albeit this is a slow process.

I am begging you for your help. Please put an end to our suffering for justice. My brother was with the wrong crowd; these were our neighbors, the people we grew up with all of our life. I only want the truth found. He was murdered and we his loved ones need to have these people brought to justice, as does society. Jason is a human being and he needs to have his killers held accountable also. We need the truth so we can at least have some closer.

His killers, because of being let go have lived lives of the most hideous of crimes. They should be taken out of society that time. Please do not allow them to continue their ways. My family has suffered all these years instead of them. They have made a mockery of our justice system. I ask again for your help in this matter. Please, help us find justice so we can find some peace and healing.

I have documentation to support my beliefs which I long to share if you will find it in your heart to investigate. I pray that you will put me in touch with the right people; I have so much to share. I need someone with an open mind, heart, compassion and empathy. I want to work with law enforcement. My desire is for the truth to come out. I have no problem forgiving law enforcement for their mistakes. That is not what this is about, as we made our mistakes in Jason's life as well. Please allow your heart and understanding to open up an honest investigation into Jason's death. This is all we ask.

Thank you

Tomijo Bolton Schmid
May God Bless
Tomijo Bolton Schmid
http://www.myspace.com/justiceforjason
http://www.xanga.com/jason_dale_bolton
http://justiceforjasondaleboltonfranklinfayettecoin.blog-city.com/
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/justice-for-jason-dale-bolton-fayette-franklin-co-indiana-cold-case-1991.html
http://groups.msn.com/TomisTrueStory/_whatsnew.msnw

GOD GRANT ME
THE POWER OF WATER TO EXCEPT WITH EASE AND GRACE WHAT I CAN NOT CHANGE
THE POWER OF FIRE THE ENERGY AND COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
THE POWER OF AIR FOR THE ABILITY TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE
THE POWER OF EARTH FOR THE STRENGTH TO CONTINUE MY PATH.

I posted this on my blog about Jason's death. Police never cared about him, but I do, pal.
Jason%2BDale%2BBolton%2Bcastrated%2Binidiana%2Bteen.PNG

30 Long Years! I can't Imagine the family's Pain. Jason Dale Bolton Deserves Justice. His Family deserves Answers. And those Responsible need to be held accountable.
This was a horrific crime. IMO, someone took revenge against Jason. Like a father who finds out a boy has gotten his young daughter pregnant! Only this person, this Monster took it to the Extreme. Then tried to cover their crime with Murder! Indiana State LE should be ashamed!
We haven't forgotten about you Jason! #JusticeForJasonBolton

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back