GUILTY IN - Katelyn Wolfe, 19, Linton, 6 June 2013

I can't get the page?

me either... grabbed this from Facebook

931410_595365783817093_1781193475_n.jpg

So was she home or not?

Did anyone see her at 3am or is just that that is when she last used her phone?
When did her parents notice she was gone? Did they physically see her leave the house at 3am? Why were they all awake?

How do they know it was a joking post about the car following her? Maybe she wasn't home at all, and it was true.

I know when I was younger there were many occasions my parents thought I was in bed when I wasn't.

:moo::moo:

I suppose there are too many questions and too many confusing stories to get a feel for this case. I don't know what it means that she left under unusual circumstances. They thought she was home yet she's saying a car is following her. Or who saw her leave at that time? I would ask my 19 year old where she was going at that time of the morning IF I was awake and knew it. If not, I wouldn't know when she left. I suppose the LE officer read the text and knew she was looking to hang out. But if he thought that he must have had a friend say he/she got it. It takes time to get transcripts of messages from a phone company. I wonder where teens go around there?

I suppose there are too many questions and too many confusing stories to get a feel for this case. I don't know what it means that she left under unusual circumstances. They thought she was home yet she's saying a car is following her. Or who saw her leave at that time? I would ask my 19 year old where she was going at that time of the morning IF I was awake and knew it. If not, I wouldn't know when she left. I suppose the LE officer read the text and knew she was looking to hang out. But if he thought that he must have had a friend say he/she got it. It takes time to get transcripts of messages from a phone company. I wonder where teens go around there?

I agree. If I saw my 19 yr old leaving the house at 3 am I would want a good explanation for where she was heading. It would have to be a good one. But chances are that no one was awake to hear her leAving. This is confusing.

the text could have said just leaving now or meet you in 5 at the drive

Ok, so now she's last seen walking near the Dairy Queen at 2am? Was a car following her and she's on foot? In the one article, the police chief is just saying the same thing as yesterday, but it has today's date with it. This is what makes my blood boil. If she was walking and not in a car, LE needs to say that! Huge difference to me.

Ok, so now she's last seen walking near the Dairy Queen at 2am? Was a car following her and she's on foot? In the one article, the police chief is just saying the same thing as yesterday, but it has today's date with it. This is what makes my blood boil. If she was walking and not in a car, LE needs to say that! Huge difference to me.

Fox19 News report said:

extracts:
..Katelyn Wolfe was last seen walking near the local Dairy Queen about 2 a.m. Thursday.

..Collenbaugh says Wolfe posted on her Facebook page about 3 a.m. Thursday.
... (from another source): ...she would have been in the area of C Street NW in Linton.
... (from another source): ...Katelyn Wolfe communicated with someone around 3 a.m.
...Jerrell (LPD Chief Police) said Wolfe was on the phone talking to someone and was looking for people to "hang out with."

..Wolfe's father reported her missing to Linton Police at 10 p.m. Thursday.

From what the family said in earlier reports she had not used her phone after 3:02 am

Hopefully further reports may say if she was in a car or on foot. Maybe they are keeping info closed so they can confirm if people actually saw her :dunno:

"Crimestoppers is offering a substantial reward for information on Katelyn's whereabouts," said Jerrells.

If she was walking at 3 am its hard telling what happened. Kids are glued to phone and FB so if there hasnt been any communication it doesnt sound good for her.

https://www.facebook.com/FindingKatelynWolfe
Her page on facebook made by family I assume. I am from this town. C street is a residential area. People are saying that she left home looking for friends to hang out with. I am as unclear as everyone else about whether or not the fb post was made before or after she was last heard from by her dad. Linton is a small town with nothing to do after everything closes. Usually kids just hang out at the park or drive up and down the main road (State Rd 54, which is the road the park is on. Or they cruise the back/country roads. Hearsay is that she was also seen on video somewhere in Sullivan, Indiana yesterday, but that is uncomfirmed per the news/police outlets. Hearsay also, is that she was with some people in a car and was dropped off at the park in Sullivan, but I don't know what time or which day. People said that the car that she was dropped off in was later impounded, but it had nothing to do with Katelyn's disappearance. It was said that the car was impounded because of drugs found in the car. I don't know if the people driving it were stopped because of sightings of her in the car with them, searched, then impounded or....? I'm hoping this girl is found soon though. And safe. Hopefully it's just a case of her hanging out and not bothering to call or text. But from what I know she isn't the "runaway" type, and she is like most kids her age, attached to her phone and facebook. Most of her friends are on the "Finding Katelyn" page and have shared it so she would know that people are looking for her. I apologize ahead of time for not giving clearer information, and mods please remove if I've posted anything I shouldn't have. I'm a lurker most of the time. I do know for certain that there have been a couple of ground searches for her, unsuccessful though. One in Linton, and one in Sullivan at the Sullivan/Greene county state forest. There is another one being planned, but no details on when or where yet.

Sorry, I just saw on her missing page that there is a search in Sullivan again today at 4 pm, which has already started 2 hours ago. Not sure if they're still out there searching or not, as I'm not in the area. Post states...."Search party organized for today June 10th at 4pm in Sullivan. We will meet up at the Kat A Korner restaurant and search the areas from 54 to 48 and from 41 as far East as we can. Please show up and help us search for clues as to where Katelyn is. You can message me with any questions or concerns. Thank you in advance." You can find the post and the poster's name under "Posts made by others" in the timeline.

Anyone know if there are security cameras in downtown Linton?

I hope some of the kids who were hanging out in Linton that night saw something or someone and reported it.

Linton is not far from Bloomington. Katelyn's disappearance has a few similarities to Lauren Spierer's, the most obvious is it's within three days of Lauren's 2-year anniversary; it occurred in the middle of the night; and Katelyn is petite. Much of the route between Linton and Btown is in the boonies too.

I just do not understand why she was walking alone at that time of night. Hope she is found safe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back