IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope that they are checking out any and all surveillance cameras in the area. Hopefully one of the cameras caught something - even if it was someone who was loitering in the area.

Still praying for Lauren and her loved ones! I hope they find some information soon:( My heart really goes out to her family and friends. This must be such a torrent of unpleasant memories for the Behrman family as well and I admire that they are trying to help another set of parents who are experiencing what they unfortunately had to go through years ago.

Behrman Family Helping In Search for IU Student
http://www.fox59.com/videobeta/?watchId=9d92a16e-dadb-46b1-8d8f-76cc91a005bd

Hey all. I heard that she had been holding her shoes and they were found in the street.

Also, on the Indiana Lost and Found Facebook page I noticed that 2 other girls were reported missing in Indiana within the last month AND another girl was almost abducted by got away on May 3rd. Not sure how far away from Lauren but all three were 5'1" or smaller...

Bloomington police will be holding a press conference on this case tomorrow (tuesday) around 11am EST

Spierer's cell phone and shoes were recovered from Kilroy's, a local bar in Bloomington where they have a sand pit (hence the reason she may not have been wearing shoes). Her ID was found at her apartment and her roommate turned it over to police.

Detectives said they have spoken with 10 persons of interest so far, none of whom are considered suspects.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-laur...r-missing-iu-student-20110606,0,5943977.story
Thank you blazelet!!

I have to go back and verify, but isn't this the opposite of what we heard yesterday?

Hey, everyone! I'm new to WS, but y'all aren't really new to me...I've been lurking since even before Caylee and faithfully reading since and I finally decided to sign on today. I was glad to see that Lauren has a thread here. I don't live far from Bloomington and my sister actually lives there. I heard about this story on the local news last night and have been hoping and praying for Lauren's safe return ever since.

This reminds me a little of the disappearance of Jill Behrman, but hopefully Lauren and her loved ones will have a happier outcome. I agree that there is something unsettling about this, though. She was a beautiful girl who may have possibly been impaired walking along the road in the very early morning hours. I also think that if she had collapsed somewhere due to her condition that it would most likely be in close proximity to the route she was taking. :(

:wagon:

Glad you joined up! :hug:

Hey all. I heard that she had been holding her shoes and they were found in the street.

Also, on the Indiana Lost and Found Facebook page I noticed that 2 other girls were reported missing in Indiana within the last month AND another girl was almost abducted by got away on May 3rd. Not sure how far away from Lauren but all three were 5'1" or smaller...

:wagon:

Thank you too for joining us! I wish it was under better circumstances!

I'm wondering if there is a serial killer in the area? :(

Welcome to WS Ashley! :balloons:

Nancy Grace did show Lauren's photo at the very end of the show and spent a moment on her case...better than nothing to be sure...

I wonder if the searchers (who have been checking lakes) should check the nearby quarries. Some of them are (as I recall) abandoned, it could be a good place to dump a body.

I fear the worst of course but hope she is found safe.

Paul, IU alumni

If she was barefoot, wouldn't that make it easier for a tracking dog to track her? At least, if they bring in tracking dogs right away while the scent is fresh.

There's definitely something missing here if she left her friends house at 4:30 am and her phone and shoes were found at the bar. What time did they leave the bar and what time does the bar close? Something seems off about this story...

There's definitely something missing here if she left her friends house at 4:30 am and her phone and shoes were found at the bar. What time did they leave the bar and what time does the bar close? Something seems off about this story...

Something definitely seems off...

1.was at bar

2. went home

3. left with friend to go to another apartment around the corner

4. left shortly after on her own

5. friend watched her walk about 1/2 block

6. shoes and cellphone still at bar

Huh? Do what?

Who reported seeing her walking along in the street? Do we know for sure this happened?

the case this most closely resembles (in my view) is that of Dwight Clark, an 18 y.o. college student in Washington State who went to an off-campus party, was supposedly ok when he left and had a relatively modest walk home. he wound up dead in the water and toxicology results showed that he had marijuana in his system.

I'm local in that case. at that point of the year, there were a bunch of idiots attacking random people with baseball bats around town - we thought he might've been victim of that, or something else. I read somewhere that he had a BAC of .13 - he probably just fell and drowned in the water. People around town are still suspicious of that, though.

This case sort of reminds me of this, and it also reminds me of the Wade Steffey case in Lafayette, IN. 19 year old kid was missing for 2 months, they finally found his body in a dorm utility room. He had somehow wandered in there while intoxicated and then was accidentally electrocuted. Along with the Dwight Clark case, people found this very suspicious but they closed the case.

I am interested in hearing why they think foul play was involved with Lauren's disappearance.

Video from Today Show.

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43307713#43307713"]msnbc.com Video Player[/ame]

Prayers that Lauren is found safe.

wm

HI evelyn 24! John Yang said that Police would have a presser 'later today' but didn't give a time.

I thought the video gave a good visual of the area where Lauren went missing. It sounds to me like she was abducted where her keys were found. MOO though as I haven't read all the articles posted here yet.

wm

Why walk home by yourself at 4:30 in the morning? Did someone offer her a ride home and she declined?

I just don't understand why young women put themselves in such dangerous situations.

I don't think this is going to have a happy ending...... unless she crashed at some other friend's place. :(

I absolutely agree, but to give some context (I was born and raised in Bloomington and actually live about 3 miles from where she went missing) the area she went missing from is right in the heart of downtown. *If* there is anywhere that a person might feel safe it would be in that area.

It's a college town so it's not unusual, during the school year especially, to see students walking around campus at any hour.

It's my understanding that she had left Kilroy Sports and had gone to a friends house that was slightly further away from her apartment and was walking home, but even so that's literally only a couple of well-lit blocks.

(Sorry to hop in on my first post with this...I actually registered to discuss the Casey Anthony case)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member