IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you're right, I am just assuming based on what we have heard and my own suspicions of JR that JR left town right away--I don't think we know that for sure. I hope you're right!

Perhaps, early on...but not right away. When did JR's guest depart, and by what means did he travel?

The morning after Spierer turned up missing, all three young men -- JR, CR, and MB -- were working the phones trying to do what they could to find her.

http://www.indystar.com/article/201...Spierer?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|IndyStar.com

The morning after Spierer turned up missing, all three young men -- JR, CR, and MB -- were working the phones trying to do what they could to find her.

snipped by me

Again, an anecdote - there are no photos or video of this, so it is hearsay.....

Why does HT always have so much to say?!?! She wasn't even there during the night's events!

Because she gathered info from the rest of them, the press is asking her, and she wants to fill in the blanks? Again, why disparage her for giving out info all of us want to know?

Does anyone think that traumtic events could have triggered CR's "Amensia, Black Out, Memory Loss, or whatever other word people" want to give it?

One of my best friends was involved in a domestic dispute with her husband causing her to eventually die a few years later.

He has no memory of the events that occured that night, and I'm guessing he unintentionally blacked out all memories of that night.

Help me out psychologists? Is it possible that horrific events cause some people "to forget??"

I'm hoping this isn't the case with CR.

Well according to his lawyer, that "traumatic event" would be the punch in the head CR suffered while in Smallwood.

We also learned today another huge piece of news -- JR had an out of town friend visiting that night.
(or maybe it's just new to me)

We know nothing about this guy ... strange.

Not that huge. Quite some time ago, CR's lawyer said that three other people saw LS that night in addition to CR. JR, MB and presumably someone else.

Does anyone think that traumtic events could have triggered CR's "Amensia, Black Out, Memory Loss, or whatever other word people" want to give it?

One of my best friends was involved in a domestic dispute with her husband causing her to eventually die a few years later.

He has no memory of the events that occured that night, and I'm guessing he unintentionally blacked out all memories of that night.

This guy? - http://www.onenewspage.us/video/20110611/456171/Search-for-Spierer-Police-collect-DNA.htm (at beginning and again at 2:45)

What was so traumatic that's also being covered up by MB and JR and JR's friend from home?

Re: possible explanation for blackout.

What are the side effects of drinking with Xanax?

Consuming too much alcohol by itself may cause a person to "black out," or experience a period he does not recall after sobering up.When Xanax is introduced into the mix, the risk for this dangerous occurrence is greatly enhanced. Alcohol also enhances Xanax's ability to cause confusion, greatly impair judgment and produce unusual behavior, making drinking with the drug a recipe for a potentially disastrous experience.

The Department of Health and Human Services states that Xanax has even replaced fellow benzodiazepine Rohypnol--flunitrazepam, otherwise known as "Ruffies," as a date rape drug in some parts of the U.S. due to Xanax's amnesiac properties when mixed with alcohol.

more here: http://www.livestrong.com/article/207841-what-are-the-side-effects-of-drinking-with-xanax/

Because she gathered info from the rest of them, the press is asking her, and she wants to fill in the blanks? Again, why disparage her for giving out info all of us want to know?

In general I have always thought that LE wanted to control the info being made public about an investigation. And in fact in this case they have gone on record reminding us that they will not share all the info that they have with us.

HT has many possible motives to go on record with the story, but I also think there are obviously some reasons that this may not be what LE wants her to do. Or it might be entirely what they do want her to do. Either way, her motivation (unknown to us) is potentially an extreme influence on what she chooses to tell, and how truthful she may be.

In general I have always thought that LE wanted to control the info being made public about an investigation. And in fact in this case they have gone on record reminding us that they will not share all the info that they have with us.

HT has many possible motives to go on record with the story, but I also think there are obviously some reasons that this may not be what LE wants her to do. Or it might be entirely what they do want her to do. Either way, her motivation (unknown to us) is potentially an extreme influence on what she chooses to tell, and how truthful she may be.

Either way, the more she talks, the better.

She sounds like the ultimate attention you-know-what.

Perfectly comfortable turning her friend's disappearance and possible death into a chance at media attention, celebrity wannabe, whatever ...

Also -- about the lifestyle of all these kids -- they probably have some kind of unsaid "plausible deniability" relationship with their parents.
The parents are essentially the ones paying for the college, the $40,000 / year room, the drinks, the drugs, the boats and trips, etc.

As long as the kids can say "I don't do any of that" then mommy and daddy will keep sending them the checks.
You can tell by how these kids behave that "accountability" is a foreign concept to all of them -- obviously their parents have never held them accountable for anything in their life.

The most glaring evidence of this is that they refuse to help find their "friend".

College itself is unrealistic. The main people involved in this story do not seem like wealthy celebrities, but they are living as if they were wealthy celebrities.

jjenny - are you a friend of any of the POIs? Seems like you defend all of them here on this site.....JMO

First of all, that is a completely false assertion. Second of all, never met anyone of them.

Interesting. If she's talking at LE request, perhaps she is also not talking to TG at their request.

Interesting. If she's talking at LE request, perhaps she is also not talking to TG at their request.

I really doubt she is talking at LE's request. If LE wanted to give info out, I am sure they would have found a way to do it without getting HT involved.

Those of us who are interested in figuring out what happened.

lol I agree it gives us "voyeurs" more fodder to chew on. But I think if I were missing I would be very upset if one of my friends was out chatting up the story if she didn't have a clear and unambiguous mandate from LE to do so.

Well for one thing, the polygraph could assess whether or not his claim at memory loss is true in the first place.
I'm not sure how you would be able to tell somebody is lying about events they are not aware of, when polygraph cannot always tell if someone is being truthful about events they did have knowledge of. In my wikipedia link, there is mention of the "Green River Killer", Gary Ridgway. He passed a polygraph twenty years before he was finally apprehended. He was also reported to have an IQ of 82. I do not think he passed the polygraph by outsmarting it.

lol I agree it gives us "voyeurs" more fodder to chew on. But I think if I were missing I would be very upset if one of my friends was out chatting up the story if she didn't have a clear and unambiguous mandate from LE to do so.

Since we are all discussing every word she said, I think it's silly to complain that she is talking.
:twocents:

Those of us who are interested in figuring out what happened.

I agree this is good for those of us (including those on this site:)) who are interested in figuring out what happened. However, that does not mean that HT revealing information is/isn't what LE or others involved in the case want HT to do...so I think others were just wondering what her motivations are in stating some of these things in the press. Certainly her motivations are not to indulge people like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox