IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI- The Martinsville newsaper is owned by the same company as the Herald Times (Bloomington newspaper) so that probably is why it's hard to find any story about the Martinsville fire on any free news sites.

Also, as for the idea of why info seems to say or imply that CR and LS only recently met (even though it seems likely they would've met previously if they were regularly at JR's)- Could it be there was some kind of relationship for some time going on and people like HT had kept it a secret to protect JW? So, now, they have to twist facts or else all but admit to JW (and friends and families) that LS had been cheating on him? Or if he was extremely possessive maybe they just didn't want him to know she was even being extra sociable with other guys and so people like HT need to skew their stories so it doesn't appear they were holding things from JW?

My understanding is HT said they spent a lot of time at JR's last year.It is possible CR was not a neighbor or even knew JR last year.Also I get the feeling the reason HT spent so much time there last year was she lived on campus and JR lived off.Since LS boyfriend also lived off campus last year I would think she spent a lot less time at JR's than HT did.

Does anyone know who the landlord is for JW's house?

Also the gravel lot where the activity takes place is it owned by the apartment building or could it be individually owned also?

Btown posted this the other day:

The Jacobs own Smallwood

Curry Real Estate Development owns 5 North

EL is affiliated with Cedarview Management

----------------------------

It could be the same Curry as in Curry Auto, the family business in Bloomington for years. I don't know about the gravel lot. I'll look on the county GIS.

editd to add link: http://currydevelopment.com/index.html

The area of 46 bypass and 17th street is part of a lengthy effort to widen the bypass so there are a lot of construction activities going on there. Also I think of the IU Golf Course nearby (east) and to the west there is IU family housing/apartments, fraternity and sorority row, and IUPD.

Also, my husband is a firefighter and he has calls fairly frequently for fires but many, if not most, are not reported on by the newspaper.

Btown posted this the other day:

The Jacobs own Smallwood

Curry Real Estate Development owns 5 North

EL is affiliated with Cedarview Management

----------------------------

It could be the same Curry as in Curry Auto, the family business in Bloomington for years. I don't know about the gravel lot. I'll look on the county GIS.

editd to add link: http://currydevelopment.com/index.html

Yes I read that but I was told that the gravel lot was not owned by 5 North or cedarview but individually owned. Just wonder if that is true or not. Just trying to tie a few things together.

Also the gravel lot where the activity takes place is it owned by the apartment building or could it be individually owned also?

The owner of the gravel lot is listed in county GIS as ERL - 3 LLC.

The owner of College and Tenth Apts and College and Tenth Village is also ERL - 3 LLC so that would be EL, the AEPi fraternity brother (alum).

The plat number is 53-05-33-206-008-000-005.

"shuffled"...I agree simply because it seems like a 3 min travel time from KR to SW is a very quick pace.
How is it that LS could have been walking that fast (barefoot no less) between those two locations and stumbling out of an elevator and needing assistance 12 min later?
She would have had to be crashing fast and/or she had a lot of help getting from the bar to SW.

It's been rumored thay she and cr went to an apartment at SW and did all kinds of drugs before the confrontation. I question if they had time for this but if so, perhaps she took something or was given something there which had immediate effect. If she was given date rape drugs that shows premeditation for rape. I'm not sure why I feel this way but I don't get the feeling of I'll-intent but of course that's just an instinct and nothing else

The owner of the gravel lot is listed in county GIS as ERL - 3 LLC.

The owner of College and Tenth Apts and College and Tenth Village is also ERL - 3 LLC so that would be EL, the AEPi fraternity brother (alum).

The plat number is 53-05-33-206-008-000-005.

OK thank you Jupiter. Thats helps a bunch

The owner of the house that JW lives in is:

Rose-Lo Properties LLC (located in Carmel, IN)

The people who bought the house on 03-14-2008. They then converted their ownership to an LLC on 04-04-2008.

Yes I read that but I was told that the gravel lot was not owned by 5 North or cedarview but individually owned. Just wonder if that is true or not. Just trying to tie a few things together.

well i didnt figure-but i wonder would they automatically look for human remains. Do they investigate every fire thoroughly is what im asking i guess?

I am confused about what is sort of being proposed regarding a date-rape drug theory. Is it being suggested that someone slipped her something? Who would that be? It seems like she was hanging out with so many different people that night, I'm not sure what you're proposing...

TIA

I saw I think it was one or two threads back someone asking about how long it can take with LE and cell pings, I know nothing on the subject but came across this in a local police blotter and was pretty shocked at how easy it sounded in this instance:

"A resident of the 1200 block of Johnson Drive reported that she was out looking for her boyfriend who had been drinking and had not returned home at 3:45 a.m. July 16. An officer had the boyfriend’s cell phone pinged and he was located in the area, sleeping under a tree."

just thought I'd share

As I was catching up a few pages back, there was mention of checking into LS's shoes and their whereabouts. . . .which does raise some interesting questions:

--Did Kilroy's know the shoes and the phone belong to the same person? Were they found together by Kilroy's, i.e. the phone was inside one of the shoes?
--Did Kilroy's first give LS's shoes to JW simultaneously with giving JW her phone? Still wonder why the bar would hand over LS's phone to anyone but LS......though it appears LE is in possession of both items now.
--If JW received shoes and a phone apparently left behind at a bar, it could really have ramped up his concern that something was not right and prodded the greater scrutiny and eager searching actions.
--If LS was with CR the whole time at Kilroy's, one wonders if CR at some point also took his shoes off to partake in the sand/beach? However if so, obviously CR subsequently took the time to locate his shoes afterwards and put them back on which LS clearly did not. Perhaps LS couldn't remember where she'd put hers, or another party moved them after she took them off. Otherwise, especially if the both of them were in the process of being kicked out, seems she would've dealt with her shoes same time CR dealt with his.
--Would there be any video at all of LS/CR either entering, exiting, or while at Kilroy's for LE to examine which would show LS wearing/not wearing shoes, when she lost them, why she lost them, perhaps she kicked them off on purpose at some point and they weren't mistakenly left behind.
--Would ZO, CR, MB, JR, all corroborate that she was barefoot when they saw her post 2:27? Seems that would hardly be inescapable to one's recollection of the evening's events as I'm sure everyone else in the night's cast of characters was wearing shoes.

So about Gale St. John... I am extremely skeptical of psychics, but I'm curious about the dogs. Can someone more familiar with her say whether these are legitimately trained cadaver dogs? (Or are they psychic dogs? :crazy:)

She claims (on the LS FB page) that the dogs indicated at and behind the dumpster. I assume she's talking about behind JR's but I can't find the report they are referencing. She claims there were witnesses, including the Spierers...

Is there an article or any more information on this other than the podcast that someone posted earlier? TIA

ETA: Oops, I see now that the 'report' is a facebook note called "Lauren Spierer: What the public does not know", posted by GSJ.

<snip>

The two then went to a building complex up the street, where Rossman lives. Police have said she visited two apartments there. Salzmann said there was another “confrontation” that morning at Rossman’s building, but he would not elaborate.

Maybe that means that morning...but I wouldn't have thought JW would get to CR so quickly. I read this as early morning (4 am?).

I've wondered about this too. There seems to be some ambiguous reporting about "that morning" and "the next morning", including also the reference to CR looking for 'a little blond girl'. My assumption was that both happened Friday when JW went looking for Lauren, but neither would have been in the morning, since (according to HT, at least) JW didn't call her until early afternoon. So is it sloppy reporting? Or was there a completely different confrontation that night after leaving Smallwood.... don't know.

I saw I think it was one or two threads back someone asking about how long it can take with LE and cell pings, I know nothing on the subject but came across this in a local police blotter and was pretty shocked at how easy it sounded in this instance:

"A resident of the 1200 block of Johnson Drive reported that she was out looking for her boyfriend who had been drinking and had not returned home at 3:45 a.m. July 16. An officer had the boyfriend’s cell phone pinged and he was located in the area, sleeping under a tree."

just thought I'd share
It's pretty amazing what these little machines can do, isn't it?

Using a phone's GPS to locate a missing person is not uncommon, and depending on the provider and the state, can be accomplished with relative ease. Gaining access to a customer's records after the fact to trace their past whereabouts is more difficult and normally requires a court order.

I am confused about what is sort of being proposed regarding a date-rape drug theory. Is it being suggested that someone slipped her something? Who would that be? It seems like she was hanging out with so many different people that night, I'm not sure what you're proposing...

TIA

There has been info discussed before that she was on cocaine and Xanax and large amounts of alcohol and she was out of it. Now we learned that she was falling down while exiting Smallwood. So, she was essentially incapacitated and unable to even attempt to defend herself. There was no need for additional drugs for a date-rape scenario. It could have easily happened at any point after she left Smallwood up to the time of her disappearance and one or more than one POIs might have been involved.

To me that is the most likely scenario. I believe that the body was disposed because whoever did this wanted to cover up a crime like rape/murder. Of course, accidental OD is also a possibility, but in that case it is hard to accept that they would dispose her body, instead of taking her to the ER of a hospital.

--Did Kilroy's first give LS's shoes to JW simultaneously with giving JW her phone? Still wonder why the bar would hand over LS's phone to anyone but LS......though it appears LE is in possession of both items now.

I thought I read early on that Kilroy's finally either answered LS phone or texted back to JW and he went over and picked it up. Not a lot of security in that kind of a transaction, but my bet is that it happens fairly frequently!

--If LS was with CR the whole time at Kilroy's, one wonders if CR at some point also took his shoes off to partake in the sand/beach? However if so, obviously CR subsequently took the time to locate his shoes afterwards and put them back on which LS clearly did not.

Since LS was wearing shoes that easily slip on/off, it's not a surprise that she slipped them off. Most of the guys still tend to wear athletic shoes w/ socks and that makes the logistics of on/off more time-consuming -- and probably doesn't happen as often. Also, they wouldn't get the sand in their shoes as easily as someone in ballet flats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1