IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone, first post

British
I think the theory of the date-rape drug is that it could have been given at Kilroy's, BEFORE LS returned to Smallwood. The theory was that it would explain why she was so messed up at that point. I'm not saying I agree with the theory, just trying to answer your query.

Hello and welcome, Baked. It's good to have a "fresh face" here!

I have thought about this more since hearing the vivid description of her stumbling out of the elevator and "slamming" into the wall. It's hard not to suspect date-rape drug.

Welcome to Websleuths, Southpaw77!

Great to have an additional local poster.

I doubt the date-rape drug theory as well. I was just answering British's query because as I understood that theory, it meant that she would have drank the (very theoretical drink with the roofie) at Kilroy's rather than after getting back to Smallwood.

My theory is that it was drug-related than than sex related. I think she OD'd, somebody called for help, somebody helped and that help was more than they ever bargained for. My greatest fear is that she was not actually gone, but that it was easier to get rid of that tiny girl than to find out she was barely alive, call 911 or take her to a hospital, and risk going down, and taking down that very lucrative side job that some of these students have.

The bottom line is, Lauren was expendable to whoever disposed of her. And (JMO) I don't think she was expendable to her immediate "friends" (and I use that term loosely). If only because they'd be too chicken *advertiser censored* to dispose of her themselves.

VERY interesting post above about how they may not even know where she is because somebody higher up on the food chain took her from them (at their request) and disposed of her without giving them the info. You know that old "joke" ... "If I tell you (that secret), it means I have to kill you." My guessing is all her "friends" are making darn sure not to ask, and getting out of Dodge. I honestly think if one of them actually knew where Lauren is today, somebody would have "cracked" by now. I think it's far easier for them do their best NOT to know. It's easier to lie by omission than to somebody's face. For now. I can only hope it's eating them up inside. They will NEVER know any peace until they say what they know, even if it's only part of the story.

Did anybody else see that post on PT about how AB "brought her to safety"? It was on the last (deleted) thread. Somebody immediately responded, well, he didn't save her, did he? (paraphrase)

ETA: I think Dorothea (sp?) keeps a record of the old PT threads, it was on there. But I can't swear that's where I saw it, I read so many different sites / blogs. It may well have been a comment on the FB site that somebody mentioned above.

Thank you so much, Baked. Your "voice" has the sound of truth behind it. I feel much sadness but I also have acceptance. Tears ...

I doubt a date rape drug was involved. It appears LS got herself in that shape all by herself. My goodness she was probably under 100 lbs. It wouldnt take that much. I read she was kicked out of Kilroys and was asking or bragging about drugs. She made her own decisions.
Doesnt sound like the kid that got punched in the face would be in the mood for sex, he couldnt barely walk himself. And JR, why would he rape his friend? She had hung out there many times and someone else was in the house. why are we talking rape now?
no wonder these boys lawyered up. Sounds like they need to. What if this was a random abduction?

I have to say that after I heard the description of her condition in Smallwood, I don't think rohypnol is that unlikely. I hung out with a crowd not too terribly different from Lauren's at a different Big Ten school, and the ONLY time I saw anyone in the condition described was when someone slipped a friend of mine a rohypnol.

It also makes the fact that she left her shoes at the bar less incomprehensible to me. As I've posted before, I'd have eaten off the floor sooner than I'd have walked barefoot at night around outside around my old college town with all the broken glass, detrius, uneven pavement, and skwishy things to step in. I certainly wouldn't have left my apartment building after having been just steps from my apartment without grabbing a pair of flip-flops... in any condition.

To dispose her in a dumpster, even a car would not be necessary. And there would be no cell phone pings in some remote areas, therefore attracting attention to whoever could have disposed of the body. I wish we did know for sure when the dumpsters in the area were emptied.

Do we know where the dumpster is at 5 North Townhouses? If it's inside, and there are no cameras there, is it possible that someone put her into a vehicle and drove north?

Jupiter, many tears here too. I have four kids, three around that age, and two done with college. The two done with college are doing great thank Gd but they did NOT always make the smartest decisions at that age. Plus I'm from not very far from where Lauren was from, I'm Jewish too, this hurts terribly, my heart just BLEEDS for her parents, I can't imagine a worst fate, and I admire them so for their bravery. On some level they know she is gone, they just want to bring her home, and these selfish, cowardly animals are too busy hiding behind the rich lawyers their "mommies and daddies" are paying for, and I just can't bear that. The least they can do is let Lauren's parents bring her home.

And that my friends is good work. :rocker:

Thanks Jupiter, I'd forgotten about the GIS database.

So, 5 North is not owned by him.
The building where ZO and AA lived is owned by Him. Right?

Yes. He owns both 10th & College properties, he also owns the building on 100 block of E. Kirkwood, south side b/w the alley and Uptown Cafe, and a slew of other rental complexes.

To dispose her in a dumpster, even a car would not be necessary. And there would be no cell phone pings in some remote areas, therefore attracting attention to whoever could have disposed of the body. I wish we did know for sure when the dumpsters in the area were emptied.

At the VERY least, I'd want cadaver dogs at the transfer station! If they find something there, then the landfill would absolutely need to be searched unless LE has some very compelling info that would not require that. Other than knowing for sure where she is, I can't think of any info that would be compelling enough!

I had wondered about the items left in the bar - someone might have made sure she lost them while incapacitated. Either to keep her away from the bf, and give them a chance, or for some more nefarious purpose.

I took this on Day 50. It's the door to the apartment next to JR's. Not sure if this is CR/MB unit. I was glad to see the sentiment and I hope it is for Lauren. I left the reflection of the construction in this photo because it symbolizes the danger behind her. And then there's the door. I hope a door opens for her soon. XO

rsyhk2.jpg

Excellent photo, Jupiter. You made a good choice by including the reflection. I've copied it over to the Photos and Maps thread.

Welcome to Websleuths, Baked and Southpaw77. Thank you for joining our group and posting for Lauren.

:welcome5:

The first case that I actively discussed on Websleuths was the Jody King case. Jody King was a family man, a construction worker working in New Haven, CT, far from his family. One night, so the story went, he and one of his co-workers went to pick up a friend and the coworker decided he wanted to go back to the bar instead of going out with the friend they'd picked up. Some time later, the truck the two remaining men were riding in crashed, and eyewitnesses saw both men jump out of the truck and run off.

Why am I writing this? It's because it was when I learned to listen to the little voice that said, "the official story just doesn't add up". I learned that when it didn't sit right with me that the coworker asked to be dropped off back at the bar, it was because there was more to the story. Where did they meet this New Haven local who happened to need a ride from the worst neighborhood in town? "Maybe he just..." was usually the preface to something about the case that turned out to be wrong. Why did they crash and then jump out and run off? "Maybe they just..." It turns out that there was more to the story.

The "friend" they had picked up was a drug dealer. The coworker didn't want anything to do with the crack that his coworker bought. They were driving up the highway and almost an hour north of New Haven when they crashed because the crack had made Jody psychotic. The dealer caused the crash and jumped out of the car and ran away because he was scared.

Anyway... I write this as a way of saying that I think there are a lot of things about this story that just don't add up. I don't think there's any shrugging off the altercation, the lost shoes, cell phone, purse, keys. The walking around barefoot. The fact that she was with so many different men that night. All of it just isn't adding up for me. I have this nagging feeling that there are details being withheld by the police (or maybe not known to the police) that will snap these things back into focus. I could be wrong, but I would just be shocked if it turns out that she'd been randomly abducted. I feel like there's something that will make most of the strange details make some sort of sense.

If all of this alerting is done on one spot...is anyone actually planning to dig or search further there??

Of all of the cases I have been following these past few years closely (Hailey Dunn, Haleigh Cummings, Kyron Horman, Holly Bobo, etc...) only one person has been ever found and that is Phylicia Barnes, by chance, in a river four months later. I just can't understand how all of these people and many many more are just "out there" somewhere, hoping to be found one way or another.

I am the last person to think a psychic will find anyone, but I don't have anything bad to say about anyone who tries, as long as they are not fleecing the families.

Just finished reading a very LONG comments thread on the FB LS Case Discussion page - and it confirms for ME that the family does indeed believe that LE is doing what needs to be done.

The first case that I actively discussed on Websleuths was the Jody King case. Jody King was a family man, a construction worker working in New Haven, CT, far from his family. One night, so the story went, he and one of his co-workers went to pick up a friend and the coworker decided he wanted to go back to the bar instead of going out with the friend they'd picked up. Some time later, the truck the two remaining men were riding in crashed, and eyewitnesses saw both men jump out of the truck and run off.

Why am I writing this? It's because it was when I learned to listen to the little voice that said, "the official story just doesn't add up". I learned that when it didn't sit right with me that the coworker asked to be dropped off back at the bar, it was because there was more to the story. Where did they meet this New Haven local who happened to need a ride from the worst neighborhood in town? "Maybe he just..." was usually the preface to something about the case that turned out to be wrong. Why did they crash and then jump out and run off? "Maybe they just..." It turns out that there was more to the story.

The "friend" they had picked up was a drug dealer. The coworker didn't want anything to do with the crack that his coworker bought. They were driving up the highway and almost an hour north of New Haven when they crashed because the crack had made Jody psychotic. The dealer caused the crash and jumped out of the car and ran away because he was scared.

Anyway... I write this as a way of saying that I think there are a lot of things about this story that just don't add up. I don't think there's any shrugging off the altercation, the lost shoes, cell phone, purse, keys. The walking around barefoot. The fact that she was with so many different men that night. All of it just isn't adding up for me. I have this nagging feeling that there are details being withheld by the police (or maybe not known to the police) that will snap these things back into focus. I could be wrong, but I would just be shocked if it turns out that she'd been randomly abducted. I feel like there's something that will make most of the strange details make some sort of sense.

I think...in the end..it will be about both sexual assault and drugs. Those things so often go hand in hand.

Just finished reading a very LONG comments thread on the FB LS Case Discussion page - and it confirms for ME that the family does indeed believe that LE is doing what needs to be done.

Yes, I read that too and feel much better as far as my comfort level with LE goes. I have been having serious doubts regarding LE, but that helped tremendously. whew!

Yes, I read that too and feel much better as far as my comfort level with LE goes. I have been having serious doubts regarding LE, but that helped tremendously. whew!

Which FB page is this on, does anyone have a link? There are a dozen or more pages...thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname