IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just friended her... is there any other way to read the note?

I listened to about 20 min of the podcast today. What is interesting to note is that Gary Petersen, the man she was supposed to do the search with had already been here much earlier in the case and worked with EquiSearch for two weeks. He is a death scene investigator and works for state of Minnesota medical examiner's office. He asked her where she "indicated" and it was the same place as he did. They both feel "she's right under our feet."

I made another drive across part of the west side tonight, starting from 5 North. Took some pics and I also have pics from Day 50 I haven't posted. Maybe later or tomorrow.

Hi Everyone, first post

British
I think the theory of the date-rape drug is that it could have been given at Kilroy's, BEFORE LS returned to Smallwood. The theory was that it would explain why she was so messed up at that point. I'm not saying I agree with the theory, just trying to answer your query.

On whose FB page?

Sorry, it's posted on the Lauren Spierer Case discussion page. You do not need to be friends with GSJ or even a member of the page to view... I am neither.

She also repeats the info about the dumpster in a comment under Gale St. John was added to the group.

I saw I think it was one or two threads back someone asking about how long it can take with LE and cell pings, I know nothing on the subject but came across this in a local police blotter and was pretty shocked at how easy it sounded in this instance:

"A resident of the 1200 block of Johnson Drive reported that she was out looking for her boyfriend who had been drinking and had not returned home at 3:45 a.m. July 16. An officer had the boyfriend’s cell phone pinged and he was located in the area, sleeping under a tree."

just thought I'd share

My Daughters Blackberry was either lost or stolen at a party. On Sunday morning we went to Sprint to see if it had been used since she last had it at 8pm on Saturday night. The guy went online and read her most recent texts to us word for word, within minutes. So I suppose if the cops get past the legal hurdles, they can access some of that cell info immediately.

There has been info discussed before that she was on cocaine and Xanax and large amounts of alcohol and she was out of it. Now we learned that she was falling down while exiting Smallwood. So, she was essentially incapacitated and unable to even attempt to defend herself. There was no need for additional drugs for a date-rape scenario. It could have easily happened at any point after she left Smallwood up to the time of her disappearance and one or more than one POIs might have been involved.

To me that is the most likely scenario. I believe that the body was disposed because whoever did this wanted to cover up a crime like rape/murder. Of course, accidental OD is also a possibility, but in that case it is hard to accept that they would dispose her body, instead of taking her to the ER of a hospital.
I hate this scenario. I'd be lying, though, if I said it hasn't been in the back of my mind since the beginning. It would explain why so many have dummied up. If true, DNA could put them all away.

I listened to about 20 min of the podcast today. What is interesting to note is that Gary Petersen, the man she was supposed to do the search with had already been here much earlier in the case and worked with EquiSearch for two weeks. He is a death scene investigator and works for state of Minnesota medical examiner's office. He asked her where she "indicated" and it was the same place as he did. They both feel "she's right under our feet."

I made another drive across part of the west side tonight, starting from 5 North. Took some pics and I also have pics from Day 50 I haven't posted. Maybe later or tomorrow.

I usually come home from the west side across the bypass, but today I took 17th street. I was struck by how easy it would have been to toss a body in those wooded areas -- and maybe even simply cover it with brush - or even construction debris.

My Daughters Blackberry was either lost or stolen at a party. On Sunday morning we went to Sprint to see if it had been used since she last had it at 8pm on Saturday night. The guy went online and read her most recent texts to us word for word, within minutes. So I suppose if the cops get past the legal hurdles, they can access some of that cell info immediately.

I would bet that she was on her parents' cell plan -- and that they could have (and perhaps did?) gotten that info....

Hi Everyone, first post

British
I think the theory of the date-rape drug is that it could have been given at Kilroy's, BEFORE LS returned to Smallwood. The theory was that it would explain why she was so messed up at that point. I'm not saying I agree with the theory, just trying to answer your query.

I doubt a date rape drug was involved. It appears LS got herself in that shape all by herself. My goodness she was probably under 100 lbs. It wouldnt take that much. I read she was kicked out of Kilroys and was asking or bragging about drugs. She made her own decisions.
Doesnt sound like the kid that got punched in the face would be in the mood for sex, he couldnt barely walk himself. And JR, why would he rape his friend? She had hung out there many times and someone else was in the house. why are we talking rape now?
no wonder these boys lawyered up. Sounds like they need to. What if this was a random abduction?

I doubt the date-rape drug theory as well. I was just answering British's query because as I understood that theory, it meant that she would have drank the (very theoretical drink with the roofie) at Kilroy's rather than after getting back to Smallwood.

My theory is that it was drug-related than than sex related. I think she OD'd, somebody called for help, somebody helped and that help was more than they ever bargained for. My greatest fear is that she was not actually gone, but that it was easier to get rid of that tiny girl than to find out she was barely alive, call 911 or take her to a hospital, and risk going down, and taking down that very lucrative side job that some of these students have.

The bottom line is, Lauren was expendable to whoever disposed of her. And (JMO) I don't think she was expendable to her immediate "friends" (and I use that term loosely). If only because they'd be too chicken *advertiser censored* to dispose of her themselves.

VERY interesting post above about how they may not even know where she is because somebody higher up on the food chain took her from them (at their request) and disposed of her without giving them the info. You know that old "joke" ... "If I tell you (that secret), it means I have to kill you." My guessing is all her "friends" are making darn sure not to ask, and getting out of Dodge. I honestly think if one of them actually knew where Lauren is today, somebody would have "cracked" by now. I think it's far easier for them do their best NOT to know. It's easier to lie by omission than to somebody's face. For now. I can only hope it's eating them up inside. They will NEVER know any peace until they say what they know, even if it's only part of the story.

Did anybody else see that post on PT about how AB "brought her to safety"? It was on the last (deleted) thread. Somebody immediately responded, well, he didn't save her, did he? (paraphrase)

ETA: I think Dorothea (sp?) keeps a record of the old PT threads, it was on there. But I can't swear that's where I saw it, I read so many different sites / blogs. It may well have been a comment on the FB site that somebody mentioned above.

The area of 46 bypass and 17th street is part of a lengthy effort to widen the bypass so there are a lot of construction activities going on there. Also I think of the IU Golf Course nearby (east) and to the west there is IU family housing/apartments, fraternity and sorority row, and IUPD.

That area is right by the 'fraternity row' area on campus. If you look at Google Maps you can see specifically which ones are closest to 17th and 46 (aka the Bypass). AEPi is right there, coincidentally. I'm from Bloomington, and I drive that area every day. Tons of construction around that general area, lots of wooded areas, the IU golf course, etc.

Is there any indication of the area that the dogs hit on the dumpster?
The note says "her cadaver dogs indicated on and behind a dumpster in the area where Lauren Spierer was last seen." I'm assuming that means in the alley behind CR/MB and JR's?

Welcome to Websleuths, Baked!

The owner of the gravel lot is listed in county GIS as ERL - 3 LLC.

The owner of College and Tenth Apts and College and Tenth Village is also ERL - 3 LLC so that would be EL, the AEPi fraternity brother (alum).

The plat number is 53-05-33-206-008-000-005.

And that my friends is good work. :rocker:

Thanks Jupiter, I'd forgotten about the GIS database.

So, 5 North is not owned by him.
The building where ZO and AA lived is owned by Him. Right?

Well if somebody provided her with illegal (or even legal but not prescribed to her) drugs, and she OD, I believe that alone could have resulted in severe penalties. Especially considering she was under 21, even providing her with alcohol would be illegal. I really don't think under such scenario rape or murder would be necessary for someone to decide to dispose of the body.

I think we may be getting closer to the truth here. If that dumpster was emptied on Friday before Lauren was reported missing, then the landfill is even more important.

I think we may be getting closer to the truth here. If that dumpster was emptied on Friday before Lauren was reported missing, then the landfill is even more important.

To dispose her in a dumpster, even a car would not be necessary. And there would be no cell phone pings in some remote areas, therefore attracting attention to whoever could have disposed of the body. I wish we did know for sure when the dumpsters in the area were emptied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv