IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the FB page but am not finding any long post that is making me feel the police are on the right track?
Can someone link the post? It is a public page, I think it is okay, isn't is Bessie?

I found the FB page but am not finding any long post that is making me feel the police are on the right track?
Can someone link the post? It is a public page, I think it is okay, isn't is Bessie?

It's the top post with almost 300 comments...read all of the comments.

Ok I did read the comments on the FB post...but still not sure I am comfortable that BPD followed up on the dumpster...

why arent the police explaining what is on the alley video? Everyone is now talking about the video of LS falling out of the elevator as she exits SW. the alley video should show if she is walking or what the activity on the video shows.
Why hasnt LS Mother viewed the video?
The 4am phone call from JR landline to SW friend, that supposedly LS calling looking for her cellphone? is there a voicemail message or sounds?

Not all public FB pages are allowed, but this one looks all right. It's okay to post the link.

why arent the police explaining what is on the alley video? Everyone is now talking about the video of LS falling out of the elevator as she exits SW. the alley video should show if she is walking or what the activity on the video shows.
Why hasnt LS Mother viewed the video?
The 4am phone call from JR landline to SW friend, that supposedly LS calling looking for her cellphone? is there a voicemail message or sounds?

How do we know LS's mother has not seen the video?

I never heard the 4am call was from a landline. I thought it was from JR's cell to DR. Do college kids even have landlines? lol.

Was a homeless man found dead in a dumpster a few days after she was reported missing? I faintly remember reading this. Still searching for the link... does anyone know what I am talking about? Supposedly, the man had reported hearing a scream at the time she went missing.

I will post that link... when I find it if that is ok?

I remember in a very early press conference, CS (or maybe LE) said that the parents hadn't seen the video due to the activity on the video -- I always assumed (and still do) that the parents opted out.

But I would imagine by this time they've seen it. At some point you become more immune to the information that's coming out and you simply need to see the truth and it helps you to move forward.

I never heard the 4am call was from a landline. I thought it was from JR's cell to DR. Do college kids even have landlines? lol.

I always assumed it was his cellphone too... can't imagine there would be a landline in the apartment -- UNLESS a landline is more difficult to trace in the case of drug deals....

Was a homeless man found dead in a dumpster a few days after she was reported missing? I faintly remember reading this. Still searching for the link... does anyone know what I am talking about? Supposedly, the man had reported hearing a scream at the time she went missing.

I will post that link... when I find it if that is ok?

There was a homeless man found dead over by Kroger's -- not very close to downtown, really.

I believe it was that ChickJustin blog that ranted about the coverup and the connection between that homeless man and the person who reported hearing the scream.

How do we know LS's mother has not seen the video?

I don't remember it being reported a landline... what is that??? LOL

God forbid her mother see that... it would probably not be recommended.

There was a homeless man found dead over by Kroger's -- not very close to downtown, really.

I believe it was that ChickJustin blog that ranted about the coverup and the connection between that homeless man and the person who reported hearing the scream.

I thought it was a different blog.

Just kind of joining this case discussion- so it's feasible that the alley video has always showed her having something bad happen to her?

Hi! This is my first post. I've been a lurker for a while, drawn in by the disappearances of Kara Kopetsky, the Jamisons, Brittanee Drexel... and now Lauren. So, I've never had closure on any of my "pet" cases. :(

In my opinion, all signs point to an OD. I don't have any concrete theories on where, who, or how, but I believe Lauren died either of an overdose or from health problems stemming from her drug use that night. I don't believe she was murdered. I just believe an accidental OD is the simplest explanation - Occam's razor. From all I've read, I can't come up with a theory that stands out more than any other regarding what was done with her body. I am most suspicious of JR.

I do believe JW's statements about Lauren and his alleged behavior that night have been interpreted incorrectly by some. I graduated from a large Big 12 school just last year and have a pretty good understanding of the dynamics of the typical undergrad lifestyle and interaction. First off, I know a lot of people were analyzing his statements that Lauren was his everything, whole life, etc. That is a fairly typical thing for a person to say. People were saying that shows possessiveness. I think it just shows that he was trying to get across how much he cared for her - that does not mean she was literally his everything. He loved her, she's gone, it's typical for him to make a huge statement like that without their relationship actually being as intense as that.

Secondly, it is perfectly normal for couples to go out without the other, especially as young college students. The fact that JW chose to watch a game instead of go out with Lauren means nothing to me. That he chose to go to bed when he couldn't get a hold of her means nothing to me. I have been in both of these situations before, and I can guarantee it didn't mean I didn't love or care about my SO and vice versa. These are young people; they are not engaged or married. They have separate lives, which is completely healthy and normal. I just think way too much is being read into him not tracking down Lauren when he couldn't get a hold of her. He knew she was out, likely knew she was probably drinking and/or using drugs. It would be pretty ridiculous if I literally tracked down my SO every time he missed a call or text, especially if I knew he was out partying. Don't get me wrong - this does not exonerate him. I just think that theories concluded exclusively from these alleged facts are misguided.

For the record, I'm currently in law school (just to establish my background). Looking forward to posting more. :)

Just kind of joining this case discussion- so it's feasible that the alley video has always showed her having something bad happen to her?

I don't know if it shows that something bad happened on that video, just that it may show subjects, vehicles or occurences that may be involved in leading up to her disappearance.

Hi! This is my first post. I've been a lurker for a while, drawn in by the disappearances of Kara Kopetsky, the Jamisons, Brittanee Drexel... and now Lauren. So, I've never had closure on any of my "pet" cases. :(

In my opinion, all signs point to an OD. I don't have any concrete theories on where, who, or how, but I believe Lauren died either of an overdose or from health problems stemming from her drug use that night. I don't believe she was murdered. I just believe an accidental OD is the simplest explanation - Occam's razor. From all I've read, I can't come up with a theory that stands out more than any other regarding what was done with her body. I am most suspicious of JR.

I do believe JW's statements about Lauren and his alleged behavior that night have been interpreted incorrectly by some. I graduated from a large Big 12 school just last year and have a pretty good understanding of the dynamics of the typical undergrad lifestyle and interaction. First off, I know a lot of people were analyzing his statements that Lauren was his everything, whole life, etc. That is a fairly typical thing for a person to say. People were saying that shows possessiveness. I think it just shows that he was trying to get across how much he cared for her - that does not mean she was literally his everything. He loved her, she's gone, it's typical for him to make a huge statement like that without their relationship actually being as intense as that.

Secondly, it is perfectly normal for couples to go out without the other, especially as young college students. The fact that JW chose to watch a game instead of go out with Lauren means nothing to me. That he chose to go to bed when he couldn't get a hold of her means nothing to me. I have been in both of these situations before, and I can guarantee it didn't mean I didn't love or care about my SO and vice versa. These are young people; they are not engaged or married. They have separate lives, which is completely healthy and normal. I just think way too much is being read into him not tracking down Lauren when he couldn't get a hold of her. He knew she was out, likely knew she was probably drinking and/or using drugs. It would be pretty ridiculous if I literally tracked down my SO every time he missed a call or text, especially if I knew he was out partying. Don't get me wrong - this does not exonerate him. I just think that theories concluded exclusively from these alleged facts are misguided.

For the record, I'm currently in law school (just to establish my background). Looking forward to posting more. :)

:Welcome1::fireworks:

CR's attorney has stated that a second confrontation occurred at 5 North after the altercation at Smallwood at app. 2:50 am.

We have 2 possibilities:

Case 1: The 2nd confrontation occurred while LS was reportedly present at 5 North.

Did she feel threatened?

Case 2: The confrontation occurred after 4:30 am.

Some person perhaps confronted CR, since he was the target of the Smallwood incident.

Case 2 seems more likely.

But if Case 1 is true, LS may have fled first to JR's, since he was a friend. Or she may have fled JR's to the home of someone else outside this circle. Since she had no phone, she perhaps planned to knock on the door. Did she have any girlfriend who kept early hours? Might explain the psychic's dog hitting on a scent on 17th street (if that report is reliable).

Could she have been terrified of whatever was causing the fights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz