IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, since many of them have retained lawyers, my guess is the advice would be not to talk to a PI.

True. However, a PI has no problem remaining anonymous and keeping track of a POI without their knowledge. They use all sorts of sneaky tricks and gadgets. Information attained this way may not be admissible in court, but it can still provide LE with valuable leads.

Right or wrong, people drink under age, and people get drunk in bars.

I am neither judge nor jury.
jmo

But was Lauren really that drunk or did she have some help? I think she may have had something slipped into a drink, if she was so incoherent as to lose every single item she seems to have left with that night. Lose your shoes, maybe, your phone, for sure, even your keys and bag, but everything? And want to keep on partying?

I don't know, it does not sound right and I drank a lot in college. But on the other hand, we are not hearing from any of her friends that this is surprising behavior, so who knows?

Considering it has been reported Lauren had been previously charged with public intoxication, her friends aren't likely to be surprised by the behavior. That group of students Lauren was hanging with appears to have a lot of alcohol related charges among them.

But was Lauren really that drunk or did she have some help? I think she may have had something slipped into a drink, if she was so incoherent as to lose every single item she seems to have left with that night. Lose your shoes, maybe, your phone, for sure, even your keys and bag, but everything? And want to keep on partying?

I don't know, it does not sound right and I drank a lot in college. But on the other hand, we are not hearing from any of her friends that this is surprising behavior, so who knows?

I think it sounds like more than drinking too. I think even CR may have had the same thing she did, especially that he can't remember the night. I wonder if he remembers any 1 thing at all? It's been 17 years, but I was slipped something in highschool, and I have moments of recollection. Just moments, but if he had any moments they could be useful to LE...or not, if something happened to her after his roommate put him to bed.

Her hometown friends in a TV interview said that leaving her phone was very unlike her, that she was constantly on it. But, the drinking seems to be common from the reports.
Interview: [ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/984551229001/lauren-spierers-friends-on-search-for-missing-coed/[/ame]

ETA: sorry about that link. I don't know why it looks like that?

New Visual Aid
Feel Free to add or correct information.

Red Diamonds = Cameras
Blue Line = Proven Locations
Red Line = Verbal Locations

spierermap3.jpg

@btown you are amazing!

Any word on what the Waffle House Cam may have been able to capture, inside and outside? Of course one thing would be to know if the mysterious white truck had been at the Waffle house, if so the occupants might have eaten there... And if that cam could even out of focus rule out anyone walking down N. College at the crucial time, we would know that LS never made it that far south.

Isn't there a cam at that Museum?

I think it sounds like more than drinking too. I think even CR may have had the same thing she did, especially that he can't remember the night. I wonder if he remembers any 1 thing at all? It's been 17 years, but I was slipped something in highschool, and I have moments of recollection. Just moments, but if he had any moments they could be useful to LE...or not, if something happened to her after his roommate put him to bed.

Her hometown friends in a TV interview said that leaving her phone was very unlike her, that she was constantly on it. But, the drinking seems to be common from the reports.
Interview: http://video.foxnews.com/v/984551229001/lauren-spierers-friends-on-search-for-missing-coed/

ETA: sorry about that link. I don't know why it looks like that?

They clearly had real concerns about mixing cocaine and alcohol, given her heart condition. I think it was more than alcohol too - but I don't think anything was "slipped" to her. Sounds like they knew upfront that she had used Coke that night as well as alcohol.

This is a rumor, but I thought it was interesting and the source seemed credible. I was socializing with a group of people last night, one of which works at Sports. He was working the night she disappeared and said that the bar wasn't even serving LS because she was so visibly intoxicated. He also claimed that he heard her verbally acknowledge that she had taken Xanax and done coke that night. Again this obviously isn't confirmed by police and is a rumor, but he did say that the bar had talked to police about her behavior while there that night.

Fairly new here too, but have read every thread I hope so as to not waste anyone's time. Motive seems to be implied here...LS meets new boy (CR) couple week ago, now LS is hanging out with CR and friends, (JR & MB), none of which are in the same circle of friends as boyfriend. LS goes not, can't be contacted, is sooo intoxicated forgets shoes and phones and is with this new fiend from 12:30 AM to 2:51, often alone and in back alleys. I agree with bessie that in todays 'texting' world, informaiton is much more real time....that fact that JW friends are 'waiting' at Smallwood and altercation, someone knew or strongly suspected there was something going on, as stated, "inappropriate attention" on the elevator. LS was likely allowing this attention by bringing CR into Smallwood. JMO!

Who were the friends? Why were they at Smallwood? Who let them in? Where there any other witnesses?

The one wildcard in this '2 sided' motive, is that roomate HT was friends with CR's friends (introduced LS & CR at Indy 500) and was at JR's prior to LS leaving for bar, but yet seems to be friends (gave keys to) with JW and defends him and his relationship with LS?

Very possible with the heart condition, alcohol and other activities, there may have been an accident, and someone (maybe driving white truck) to come and help dispose.

Eitherway, it's apparent that LE and Mom are on the right track trying to get the friends and other to talk, cause some knows more than they are leading on, most likely to protect themslves or someone close.

I like this post because HT certainly IMO is a POI for the reasons you state above and probably more. Did HT have a reason to send the group of boys after Lauren/or Corey? There are some unusual details given regarding JW that could make HT a player. Maybe far fetched but when I hear Laurens mother pleading with her friends I think of those closest to Lauren, JW & HT. We have never heard what JW and HT were doing in those hours Lauren went missing and into the morning. Are HT and JW able to provide an alibi for their time?

The white truck could easily have been involved after the fact when "someone" called to help dispose of the body. With all the cash these kids might have available at a moments notice-did they involve someone outside their circle willing to do the dirty work for a price?

The keys....I was looking for MSM reports I thought I read from the person/student who found them and placed them on the rail. Can anyone help me out? I was just thinking that perhaps Lauren lost them in someones apartment and when they were found later they were then placed in the alley. Also maybe they needed an explanation for why their finger prints were on those keys.

IDK but I have a hard time thinking these kids are crafty enough to cover this whole mess up and not "rat" out on eachother.

Please bring Lauren home to her family!

So, if this isn't true, why is Tony Gatto reporting via twitter they are at police headquarters making a composite sketch?

I am so confused by his posts/blogs/tweets.

I think that if there is a sketch being made, and this person had come to LE a while ago (per him), and she has been questioned twice... I am going on repeat now... why didn't the sketch come out days ago?

So very frustrating.

I am picking a source for news in this case, just one. I am going with Indiana Daily Student.

No more venturing out for me, puts my head in a spin.

I also wonder why he is so vague as to how she knew the exact time.Which even in his own words was so critical.All he offers is "she noted the exact time for some reason"Well if he interviewed her and the time was so critical why did he not ask her the reason she noted the time.

This is a rumor, but I thought it was interesting and the source seemed credible. I was socializing with a group of people last night, one of which works at Sports. He was working the night she disappeared and said that the bar wasn't even serving LS because she was so visibly intoxicated. He also claimed that he heard her verbally acknowledge that she had taken Xanax and done coke that night. Again this obviously isn't confirmed by police and is a rumor, but he did say that the bar had talked to police about her behavior while there that night.

Sounds completely credible. I don't think it really disagrees with anything at all that's been reported before - she was completely and totally out of control. The whole night, hours on end. Interesting, but just sort of one more source saying she was obviously very intoxicated.

They had been partying at the apartments earlier in the night. Kilroys was probably more of a place to socialize, she didn't even need to be drinking while there necessarily.
Kilroys would obviously claim this because they don't want to take responsibility and they want to minimize the involvement which could hurt business.
I assume they would have camera's inside/outside the bar.
Most bars I know nowadays get anyone exhibiting behavior like they say Lauren was exhibiting "off the property".

I was thinking about the truck and I am wondering if it is detail work we are seeing on the side and not a logo of some sort. I just happened to be looking for trucks with detail work to see if I could get a feel for some popular images that people place on the sides of their trucks. I came across this image...

f_56149769-013b2cc0.jpeg

This was a vehicle that was posted for sale in Iowa on November 9 (year not listed that I can see). It is a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado.

Just something to think about, it may not be words on the side of the truck at all but this particular truck can be ordered with this "trim package".

http://holycross-iowa.olx.com/2007-...-for-sale-in-holy-cross-ia-52053-iid-56149769

This makes sense to me. Xanax definitely causes blackouts and combined with alcohol would explain Lauren losing so many things. If CR also took Xanax it would help explain his memory loss. That makes more sense than someone drugging her.

A few things...

This witness claimed to hear the man say something along the lines of "Can I take you home?"

The WAY the person asked this question is vital (if it's in fact true). As a woman, I've had many creeps ask things along the same lines. They say it in a creepy way and obviously only have one thing in mind.

OR did this person ask this question in a concerned manner...the way a friend would? Like, if I was so drunk somewhere and a friend noticed I cannot get home on my own, volunteers in a concerned manner and asks if they can take me home.

Also, another theory on the 4:15 call. Perhaps JR is involved in her disappearance. Maybe he was the person who saw LS on the street (according to the witness). Something happened, and LS dies. In the effort to cover up, HE calls DR and says it was LS, and then made up the story about her "walking safely to the corner".

The phone call was never answered and a voicemail was not left. Therefore just because JR says that LS made the call doesn't make it fact.

I wonder if they dusted the phone to see if they can get LS fingerprints (or even a partial fingerprint of hers)

I just feel so sick for L's parents. I have 5 nieces in college and this could be any one of them, I suppose, as I have no illusions about what kids get up to away from home, even if their parents (my sisters) choose not to think so. It sounds like a perfect storm for a predator (finding a girl alone at that hour, wrecked and helpless) or that she possibly died of intoxication, or her heart gave out, and people around her freaked.

Without making my husband sound like a psycho...he told me today that when he was 20 and in college in Vegas, a girl who was partying at the apartment he shared with several other guys passed out and they thought she was dead...he said it was only a matter of minutes before someone suggested Hoover Dam as an option...that they were all in a panic, thinking their lives would be ruined. Obviously they did not take her there, and it turns out she slept it off on the sofa...but the conversation turned very quickly to self-preservation...:(

According to Tony Gatto this supposed witness was shown a line up, presumably of POIs and didn't recognize anyone. That should rule JR out as a possible man that supposed witness allegedly saw Lauren with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz