IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
WABC-NY TV:
I missed the beginning, but just caught L's Mom making a direct appeal to all NY parents of IU students to ask children where Lauren is. (May have missed t appeal to all parents.)

Does anyone know that link to the website that has many of the cams in Bloomington available to view?

But, if true, or not, I don't see how a two or three pronged approach would hurt in finding a missing person?
I know there is always the "don't make a victim out of the innocent" ordeal, but had a sketch been given and that person found we would at least have a story of "oh no, that was me and so-and-so" or similar alibi.

For me, this information, true or not, leaves this huge gray area, where as a parent I don't enjoy.
I'd rather LE confront it and either remove that speculation or add it to the information at hand.

I hope that makes sense. I should add, I am no LE, but I am a parent. I personally would want that information for myself, and everyone in the area. (*Which is why, if this isn't true, and Laurens parents do read the media on rss (like most of us), finding this information out there but not being able to grasp this/a straw could be very damaging.)

Right now I don't see how this story could be true, considering timeline doesn't appear to fit. If LE started to release info from all the leads they had, it'd be a big mess, considering they have hundreds of leads, most of which are not actually connected to the case. LE is going to release info only if they feel it is credible and could actually lead to something, not all and any info they have.

Just checked Rossman's facebook, he is from Massachussets, not NYC.

Hmmm, is this falling on the boyfriend?

Just a little more on the clothes found.

http://www.fox59.com/news/bloomingt...s-apartment-building-20110617,0,6652144.story

Officers came out to the Smallwood Plaza Apartments and removed a bag of clothes and a shoe box, according to an apartment spokesperson. The bag and shoe box were found behind a dumpster on the 6th floor of the apartment building.

It's unclear if the items have anything to do with the case. They were first found by a courtesy officer while he made rounds that morning. Reps for Smallwood Plaza said the items could not have been there the day before. Though people are currently moving into the building, reps added the items were suspicious because they were tucked away.

WABC-NY TV@ 11:00 PM

Inside LS's apartment, and the evidence they took...

Did I hear that correctly? Guess we'll find out...

Aside from Jesse, who else is from NY? Jay is from Michigan? What about Corey and Mike??

Well, I'll bet a majority or near majority of people in Lauren's social circle were NY/NJ kids.

And I think in-state kids generally know better than to rent from overpriced apts. like smallwood.

IU has made a tremendous effort to bring in east coast kids in the last several years. They need the out-of-state tuition.

Best evidence yet that Lauren's mom really believes this wasn't truly random, that someone she knew was involved in this.

Well, I'll bet a majority or near majority of people in Lauren's social circle were NY/NJ kids.

And I think in-state kids generally know better than to rent from overpriced apts. like smallwood.

IU has made a tremendous effort to bring in east coast kids in the last several years. They need the out-of-state tuition.

Best evidence yet that Lauren's mom really believes this wasn't truly random, that someone she knew was involved in this.

Well, only one of the 4 named POI's is from NY.

Beth and Rossmann are from Massachusets and Rosembaum is from Indiana.

Jesse, however, is from NY.

I saw today in a video too that LS' dad hired a PI, so some of their info could be coming from there rather than LE? Let me see if I can find that vid.
It's in this video at .30seconds in.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnr8XuKoWCI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnr8XuKoWCI[/ame]

I saw today in a video too that LS' dad hired a PI, so some of their info could be coming from there rather than LE? Let me see if I can find that vid.

Good catch. If he put up a $100k reward, it makes sense that he'd also have a PI or three on this.

This comment I am going to make is just based on MY relationships in the past, and current, so please just take it for that.

Had I of had plans with anyone, I usually make plans up to reservations, places, times, because I am diligent as a person.... if I didn't show up... someone, especially my boyfriend/spouse/best friend/roommate would be making calls 2 hours after I hadn't responded.
(My old roommate from college DID in fact call police when I didn't come home at an arrived time via previous college era. Huge ordeal. Glad she did it though.)

I am not saying Lauren is the same as me, but when it's an affair of the heart, such as JW, I can't help but think he would be a little more paramount in his attempts of reaching her.

12 hours later has always concerned me. Always. That's just me though.

I am not placing blame, I have no real idea more than anyone else does. I am also in school again and I see how nonchalance everyone is in their relationships. I know they are young, I know they are "forming" so I'm not placing blame. Personally, however, I would be out on the streets at 1AM looking for my significant other. This is why the altercation on camera has stood out to me (IF TRUE).

I read that finals were not over till yesterday in Bloomington. That has even perked me more cause why would JW leave during finals week? Was there pressure from the school to "just go", or was it more of a personal choice?

So many questions here.

Good catch. If he put up a $100k reward, it makes sense that he'd also have a PI or three on this.

Is the reward for information leading to safe return? In which case it might not do much good, if it is not possible to safely return her.

I can't even comment about relationships because in Brazil people are really jealous and a girlfriend would NEVER be out with a guy and not her boyfriend. Never, ever. Couples are attached at the hip here.

However, I have witnessed the difference with American and European couples. I do feel like people keep their individuality a lot more than in Brazil and it's common to go out and even travel without your SO.

In Brazil, the attachment is a bit too much.

Well, only one of the 4 named POI's is from NY.

Beth and Rossmann are from Massachusets and Rosembaum is from Indiana.

Jesse, however, is from NY.

Every one of these kids, I'm sure, have some NYC friends.
Seems like a 'find out what your kids know or have heard' sort of request.

IMO, not necessarily. Appealing to the secondary tier of friends and acquaintances who may be withholding information.

It's in this video at .30seconds in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnr8XuKoWCI

I think that's a really good idea, to hire a PI.

All these 10 POIs have stuff to hide from LE, but would probably be much more willing to tell a civilian PI.

I honestly don't think they know what happened to her. I think this is exactly what it appears to be - she was walking home completely defenseless and a stranger nabbed her off the street. Probably a stranger in a white truck.

On the other hand, since many of them have retained lawyers, my guess is the advice would be not to talk to a PI.

As an ex bar waitress, honestly people leave all kinds of stuff at bars. they are socializing, wandering around, thing get misplaced. They come back the next day pick up their stuff, no big deal.

People get drunk, they drop stuff they are not thinking logicly, feeling no pain, barefoot on a warm evening, I don't see the big deal.
These are students study hard, party hard. Most of these people will go on to have successful lives, these times will be blurry memories of the glory days. It is sad that for some this will not be.
Drug dealing, some fellas (its usually fellas) buy a bit extra, it makes them popular, the party place, the girls like them, they sell a little, but its not a business - more like an enabler.
I do not believe dabbling in drugs should define people, expecially students, experience is the best and hardest teacher.

Re truck, construction season has just started here. Its not uncommon for out of town workers to live out of their trucks, if the jobs are short term. Or if looking for work to go to town- check for sites, then apply first thing in morning.

Did ya know Kilroy Sports Bar is ranked 39th best in USA !! they have web site with pics.

As an ex bar waitress, honestly people leave all kinds of stuff at bars. they are socializing, wandering around, thing get misplaced. They come back the next day pick up their stuff, no big deal.

People get drunk, they drop stuff they are not thinking logicly, feeling no pain, barefoot on a warm evening, I don't see the big deal.
These are students study hard, party hard. Most of these people will go on to have successful lives, these times will be blurry memories of the glory days. It is sad that for some this will not be.
Drug dealing, some fellas (its usually fellas) buy a bit extra, it makes them popular, the party place, the girls like them, they sell a little, but its not a business - more like an enabler.
I do not believe dabbling in drugs should define people, expecially students, experience is the best and hardest teacher.

Re truck, construction season has just started here. Its not uncommon for out of town workers to live out of their trucks, if the jobs are short term. Or if looking for work to go to town- check for sites, then apply first thing in morning.

Did ya know Kilroy Sports Bar is ranked 39th best in USA !! they have web site with pics.

responsible bartenders are not supposed to serve the visibly intoxicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther