GUILTY IN - Spencer White, 21, Keela Lynch, 18, & Rebekah Acorn, 17, murdered, 17 July 2006

Wow! I'm sitting here reading this, and yesterday I was driving to the doctor and there was this gold Taurus I noticed in an odd position. I'm in Beaverton Oregon.

The Taurus was trying to nose into a left hand turn lane and only had the tip of his nose into the lane, like it was a last minute decision to turn left. There were two cars in the front of the left turn lane, then the nose of this car which was almost perpendicular to the lane, and crossed way into the regular lane of traffic, then another car and then mine.

I had seen a sheriff car when I turned off the freeway, and was all of a sudden quite surprised to see him right behind me in that left turn lane. I thought he was going to pop this guy, as he was totally illegal. But they let the gold Taurus in and he turned left and I was the last to turn left under a yellow light. It left the sheriff's car at the head of the line in that turn lane, and I just watched this Taurus scoot on down the road.

It probably is nothing, and of course I didn't realized I should have taken a good looksee at who was inside the car. Think I should call the Sheriff's office and even see if they have an alert for this car?

Scandi

ETA: Actually the car wasn't really gold but metallic and duller than gold. So it could have been bronze.

UPDATE:

Well I went to the web site they created and sent in a tip to AMW. And I called the sheriff dept on their non-emergency dispatch line, as I couldn't quite see making a 911 call on it way over here in Oregon. LOL

I just got a call back from the Sheriff and talked to him quite awhile. I told him what I saw and about the Sheriff who pulled up behind me. The only other thing I could remember is that the car looked unwashed, not shiny even though it was metalic, and there were several people in the car. I did see a peek of the driver who had short dark hair and that is it.

He said he is going to put together a bolo this afternoon about what I saw and describe how a Sheriff pulled up behind me and would have seen this car parked straight across the regular lane of traffic with his nose in the left hand lane. It will be on every officers desk, so when thisd guy comes to work on Monday morning he will see it, and he will call me.

I'm 99% sure it was a Taurus as I use to own one, even though they are more sleek looking now. I looked up the 2004 model on the web and it is just like the car I saw. The chances it being them is probably 1 in a million as I told the officer, but his reply to me was you would not believe how many out of state guys we arrest just like this. From a call from someone that has seen something out of the ordinary and called it in.

So we'll see what happens!. And anyway, at least I forgot about the heat for awhile. ;)

Scandi

Hey Scandi....did you notice any of this on the car????

From the family website.....

They were last seen on 7/17/06 traveling in a bronze ford Taurus with heavy hail damage, cracked front window, and large dent on driver’s rear quarter panel.

Hi Sassygirl,

Gee, I feel like a real Sleuther now! LOL After I posted that last post I sat back and thought, gee, I'd hate to have our Sheriff's dept out looking for this car if they've caught the guy. So I called the Pike County Sheriff's Dept and spoke directly to Sheriff Webber, actually for quite awhile and had a nice conversation. Here's what I learned:

He still has not been caught.

At this point they don't think he is headed for Oregon.

The State Police have taken over the case.

He told me about the big dents in the car that go up over and are in the hood of the car. And I knew right then it wasn't the car I saw. I followed or watched that car driving in front of me for about 5 blocks and would have noticed that damage even if I wasn't looking for it.

The case will be promo'ed on AMW tonight for about 15 seconds, and if they don't catch him by next week they will do a bigger spot or reinactment on the case next Sat night.

He said the problem about the Amber alert is that the little girl is with her family - mom and dad, and that doesn't qualify for the Amber Alert. They went with him voluntarily, even though Sheriff Webber told me he does not believe she knew what Harbison had done before she got in the car.

They are still trying to get an Amber Alert status for the case.

Anyway, that's it. I did learn quite a bit though, huh?

:p :cool: Just a Sleuther at heart. Oh, and the Sheriff knew about Websleuths ;)

Marvelous work, Scandi! Whether it pans out or not, it takes people getting involved to change things!:clap:

It was most interesting! LOL

I might have got the sheriffs name wrong. I see in the article it is a Sheriff Meadors. Well, I just used what it sounded like over the phone. Hope they catch this guy soon. I didn't realize until I talked to him that Nick is the little girls father and the GF Misty is her mother.

Don't you think Misty would be wary of this guy, his being so scary and all? He had just shot another guy. He must be a trip to be around!

Scandi

I know there are some Harbisons that live in Rush County, right outside of Shelby Co. in Indiana. I know he looks like the Harbison's I know. He must be some relative.
Amy

Shadow205 said:
I wish that LE would release more details about where he might be headed. He has family in Oregon & WV. I have seen nothing in WV news about him possibly headed here. Cities in the states where he has family would be helpful.

scandi said:
UPDATE:

Well I went to the web site they created and sent in a tip to AMW. And I called the sheriff dept on their non-emergency dispatch line, as I couldn't quite see making a 911 call on it way over here in Oregon. LOL

I just got a call back from the Sheriff and talked to him quite awhile. I told him what I saw and about the Sheriff who pulled up behind me. The only other thing I could remember is that the car looked unwashed, not shiny even though it was metalic, and there were several people in the car. I did see a peek of the driver who had short dark hair and that is it.

He said he is going to put together a bolo this afternoon about what I saw and describe how a Sheriff pulled up behind me and would have seen this car parked straight across the regular lane of traffic with his nose in the left hand lane. It will be on every officers desk, so when thisd guy comes to work on Monday morning he will see it, and he will call me.

I'm 99% sure it was a Taurus as I use to own one, even though they are more sleek looking now. I looked up the 2004 model on the web and it is just like the car I saw. The chances it being them is probably 1 in a million as I told the officer, but his reply to me was you would not believe how many out of state guys we arrest just like this. From a call from someone that has seen something out of the ordinary and called it in.

So we'll see what happens!. And anyway, at least I forgot about the heat for awhile. ;)

Scandi
You GO GIRL....Nice to see that you followed thru with that tip in a timely manner. If it seemed strange, then you must have had that gut feeling about it. Someone has to get him off of the street......and save those girls. Guns and Anger......NG......

Scandi you rock!!! You did exactly what I wish most would do!!!!! It's amazing to think such a dinged up car with a cracked windshield is out there and hasn't been noticed. I'm worried for them big time!!!!!!

scandi said:
UPDATE:

Scandi

You did the right thing Scandi! Wouldn't it be something if that was him and your tip helps them find him in the area?

SewingDeb ~ Oh, it is so good to see you.

Ya I would have felt thankful to have this guy off the street. But the Sheriff told me he doesn't think they are coming out Oregon way - he must know something they haven't let out. He did tell me he was talking to someone on the phone about the car when I called. Maybe they've spotted it somewhere.

It was neato talking to that sheriff as he was like a grandpa type whose voice just kind of made my heart melt when he talked about the little 2 year old girl. I told him that is why I was so concerned. Oh, and he thanked me over and over for calling him.

They are very well organized in that sheriffs office. There's a message inviting people to call about any crimes they know about, even little things they might not realize that are dangerous, saying they want to make Pike County the safest place around. Then the secretary knew immediately about the case, told me to please hang on because the Sheriff was about ready to leave but he would want to talk to me.

Gave me a good feeling about LE back in Indiana!~

Scandi

scandi said:
SewingDeb ~ Oh, it is so good to see you.

Ya I would have feel thankful to have this guy off the street. But the Sheriff told me he doesn't think they are coming out Oregon way - he must know something they haven't let out. He did tell me he was talking to someone on the phone about the car when I called. Maybe they'vwe spotted it somewhere.

It was neato talking to that sheriff as he was like a grandpa type wqhose voice just kind of made my heart melt when he talked about the little 2 years old girl. I told him that is why I was so concerned. Oh, and he thanked me over and over for calling him.

They are very well organized in that sheriffs office. There's a message inviting people to call about any crimes they know about, even little things they might not realize that are dangerous, saying they want to make Pike County the safest place around. Then the secretary knew immediately about the case, told me to please hang on because the Sheriff was about ready to leave but he would want to talk to me.

Gave me a good feeling about LE back in Indiana!~

Scandi

It's good to see you, too!

I wonder how they know the vehicle is not headed Oregon way? I so hope someone spots them soon and he is caught. This guy is extremely dangerous and who knows what he might do.

This department sounds like they are very caring. This is the way LE everywhere should handle calls from concerned citizens.

It probably isn't related to this but I couldn't help but think of Nicholas Harbison when I read it. This occured less than 100 miles from where Harbison commited his crime.

One dead in I-65 'sniper' shootings
One motorist was killed and another injured this morning by sniper fire on Interstate 65 near Seymour, prompting the Indiana State Police to close a 14-mile stretch of the highway for more than eight hours.

Traffic resumed ast 9:40 a.m. and the shootings are still under investigation.

clear.gif
clear.gif

Two vehicles were struck by gunfire shortly after midnight this morning, according to the state police. Hours later, two more vehicles were shot near Muncie and the state police Redkey post - including a semi tractor-trailer rig on Interstate 69.
"This investigation is ongoing. At this time it is unknown whether the shootings in the Seymour and Redkey area are related," Sgt. Jerry D. Goodin said in a prepared statement.

I-65 was closed from mile marker 50, the Seymour exit, to mile 64 after the first gunfire shortly after midnight, Goodin said.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060723/LOCAL/60723001

more at the link

The step mother and the little girl have returned home, safely it appears. No information on the whereabouts of the suspect and his girlfriend.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2006/jul/24/triple-murder-suspects-step-mother-and-2-year-old-/

The stepmother and daughter of a man charged with killing three people in a Pike County cornfield returned home early this morning, Indiana State Police said.

Nicholas Harbison, 23, who is wanted in connection with last week’s slayings, remains at large. Police said they believe his girlfriend, Misty Davis, is still traveling with him.

Late Monday, police found Keela Lynch, 18, of Princeton, Ind., Daniel White, 21, of Francisco, Ind., and Rebekah Acorn, 17, of Evansville, dead of gunshot wounds in a field near Bowman, Ind.

Following the shootings, Harbison left with Davis, 21, their daughter Kelsie, 2, and his stepmother, Joyce Harbison. Police nationwide have been searching for the family, believed to have been traveling in a bronze Ford Taurus.

Joyce Harbison and the 2-year-old child returned home at about 5 a.m. this morning, police said.

State police detectives recovered the bronze 2004 Ford Taurus at Joyce Harbison's residence.

Anyone with information on Harbison's possible whereabouts is encouraged to contact the Indiana State Police at 1-800-852-3970 or (812) 867-2067.

State police said no further information will be released.

I have a bad feeling about the girlfriend...

Well Dang. Why did the stepmom drive all the way home with the child instead of calling LE as soon as she got away from that creep? She had to know LE would catch her as soon as she arrived home.

I can only think she was giving him a good head start to where ever he is headed now. That to me, means she was in cahoots.
And he must have a different vehicle now. Wonder if he is heading for Canada or Mexico?

Well this whole thing has me puzzled. The Step-mother and the baby come home fine but the girlfriend is still with him? At first I thought he had taken them all hostage now I am thinking they were with him willingly. I will be interested to see what happens next.

I have a sick feeling that the girlfriend is dead; maybe even the suspect too. He seems like he would be the type that would die first before being taken into custody.

It is really weird about the step mother too. I think this family isn't playing with a full deck of cards.

Thank God that baby is home safe. It will be interesting to learn where they were all of this time and where she left them. How did they get another vehicle or are they holed up somewhere? I think that Misty is in danger. He has threatened to kill her in the past. I lean more toward him letting the step Mother and his daughter go but kept Misty against her will. I sure hope that Joyce is talking and being truthfull. I do not understand why she didn't immediately go to the police and agree that she was maybe buying Nicholas some time.

I have a bit of an update.

This morning very early I received a call from the Indiana State Police detective working on the Harbison case following up from a lead sent to them over the weekend by AMW. I had to run out for coffee, so tried to call him back just now and naturally he had just left for lunch as it was 11:45 in Indiana.

So I talked to Fran who works with him on the case. I told her I had talked to the sheriff in Pike County on Sat and he said they didn't think he was headed to Oregon and then she told me they have the car. I asked her if they have him too and she said no, not yet.

Then she asked if I could call back in about an hour when he's back from lunch, as even though they have the car he would still like to talk to me.

So I'll call back at 10:45 my time, and I'll pick his brain guys, OK~!

Scandi

PS: For Oregon residents, I forgot to say I learned where his family is in Oregon from the Pike County sheriff. They live in Sweethome, Or.

Scandi,

See if you can find out where in WV he has family. I think that what she means by they have the car is what was posted earlier about Joyce and the baby returning home. They returned in the car. Maybe Joyce is talking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back