GUILTY IN - Spencer White, 21, Keela Lynch, 18, & Rebekah Acorn, 17, murdered, 17 July 2006

Will do Shadow.

So that means he must be driving the red truck. They couldn't have gone too far from Indiana if she was close enough to return home, don't you think?

Harbison would have to be daft in the head to go to family now, either in W Virginia or Oregon, as he's got to know they are on an all out manhunt to find him. Who knows though, if he needs safe harbor or money.

That Pike County Sheriff told me they do not think Misty knew what he had done before she got in that car. So if Misty is still with him it means one of two things, that either she is under duress and forced to stay with him as he didn't let her go home, she is madly in love with him and stayed with him after he killed the other guy not too long ago so she isn't concerned about that thinking he won't hurt her, or she is dead.

I think he is holding her under duress.

Scandi

I just talked to the detective, and he said the little girl and step mother are fine.

He wanted to thank me for sending in that tip basicly, which I thought was really sweet of him.

I asked him where in W Va he had family and of course didn't get a straight answer. LOL He was a pretty sharp detective. His reply was, where doesn't this guy have family? He said between her and him they have friends and family in so many places, but he did mention Ohio. so maybe that's where he thinks they are headed.

I didn't want to push him for any more info because I could tell he wasn't about to really give anything out. But by inference he led me to believe that now Misty is on the lam with him, and I didn't sense from his tone of voice that she is in any kind of peril. If that is the case, when they're caught, and we know they will be, she might be in a very sticky position as well as him. I don't know for sure, but would guess that the little girl and the step mother are the real victims here.

Scandi

I don't mean to sound rude or disrespectful BUT...I'm wondering how the stepmom drove the same car home without being stopped? I mean there's Scandi with her eyes peeled in Oregon and noticing a vehicle similar to the getaway car...and the real thing is being driven back over the escape route and no one stops it or becomes suspicious?

I want to assume that the stepmom used her "smarts" to get her grandchild away from Harbison. That would mean not notifying police until she reached home...He could have issued a threat like "Don't say a word to anybody for 24 hours, etc. or I will kill Misty.." - that kind of threat. We really don't know but I'm hoping for the best outcome.

Hi Catheiq,

It could be they were holed up someplace quite close to home so she didn't have to drive far.

I wouldn't have noticed this car per se unless there was something very unusual about it, as for one thing I didn't even know about a bronze Taurus until the next day when I read it here at WS.

What the driver was doing was so unusual and dangerous that I couldn't believe it and watched it the whole time I was sitting there. And at the time I thought this driver has to be absolutely stupid to let his car sit across a lane of traffic like he did or else he had no idea where he was and had decided to turn left at the last second as an afterthought.

And so when I learned about the car the next day the thoughts I had when I saw the car popped back in my mind, and with the car looking like it hadn't been washed in quite a while and that it was the right color and make I thought I should call it in.

I'm thinking now he has got to be in the red truck, or maye he has traded cars with a relative or friend of theirs. I'm just happy the little girl is out of that tense situation, which it certainly had to be.

Scandi

The 2-year-old child of fugitive triple-murder suspect Nicholas R. Harbison was back home today, unharmed and seemingly OK after her weeklong odyssey.

Indiana State Police now are questioning Harbison's 76-year-old stepmother, Joyce Harbison, who drove the girl home early today, concerning the whereabouts of Harbison and his girlfriend Misty Davis, who is also mother of his 2-year-old child Kelsie Harbison.

<snip>

According to John and Debbie Davis, their granddaughter Kelsie is uninjured and appeared well-treated. They said they grilled Joyce Harbison about what happened and where the three adults and child went, but she provided few answers. The 76-year-old woman appeared stressed and fatigued, they said.

The Davises told the Courier & Press that Joyce Harbison informed them she didn't know about the shootings until seeing the tail end of "America's Most Wanted" TV program Saturday, which aired a segment about Nicholas Harbison's being a suspect in the July 17 triple homicide.

At that point, Joyce Harbison told them, Misty Davis then instructed her to take the 2-year-old and drive her back to the Davises, who are the child's maternal grandparents.

Where the stepmother and child separated from Nicholas Harbison and Misty Davis is unknown, and the pair have not been located. Joyce Harbison was being questioned today as State Police detectives try to ascertain the pair's whereabouts.

Investigators would not divulge details of their interview with Joyce Harbison.

<snip>

"At this time, we really have no idea where Harbison is at," Ringle said.
<snip>
"They still could be out of state, but it's very possible they're right back here in Indiana," Ringle said of the suspect and his girlfriend.

Around 10 a.m. today, a dispatcher put out an alert on police radio channels that Harbison and Davis were possibly in Arkansas or Tennessee. Ringle would not comment on what led investigators to theorize that.
"We want law enforcement agencies out in that area to know there's the possibility he may be in that area; but I want to make it clear, we do not know where he's at," Ringle said.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2006/jul/24/triple-murder-suspects-step-mother-and-2-year-old-/

Debbie Davis, Misty's mother, said Joyce Harbison initially asked for gas money so she could drive to her brother's Oakland City home, telling Debbie she and the child had traveled from Memphis, Tenn.

http://media.fastclick.net/w/click.here?sid=18971&m=6&c=1But the Davis' said they remain skeptical about her story and think Joyce may be trying to hide Nicholas Harbison's location. John Davis said Joyce also mentioned the possibility that Nicholas Harbison may be in Maine.
<snip>
The Associated Press reported late Monday night that John Davis, said Joyce Harbison drove the car to his home in Princeton after having been in the northeastern Arkansas city of Jonesboro - about 350 miles away.
http://www.tristate-media.com/articles/2006/07/25/pdclarion/news/news1.txt

It seems like step mom was maybe not an accomplice to the murder, but helped him get away while maybe, and I say maybe cuz who knows, the girlfriend and child were NOT willing. Maybe thats why step mom had the girl when she returned.

ISPTRAX said:
No crap... can you say Granny should be held as an accomplice?????

The stepmother has just been charged by the Pike county prosecutor and an arrest warrant is being swore out against her at this time.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2006/jul/25/charged-stepmother-accused-of-helping-murder/

Prosecutors today are filing charges against the stepmother of fugitive murder suspect Nicholas R. Harbison because, police say, she paid for his hotel lodging as he evaded the law, and then misled authorities when questioned.

Joyce Harbison, 74, of Francisco, Ind., is being charged with assisting a criminal, a Class C felony, and false informing, a Class B misdemeanor.

Pike County Chief Deputy Prosecutor Darrin McDonald said the charges were filed and an arrest warrant was being obtained today.

Nicholas Harbison is accused of fatally shooting three people and wounding another during an attack July 17 in a remote Pike County cornfield. Harbison, 23, then left the area with his stepmother, girlfriend Misty Davis, and the couple's 2-year-old child.

Police still have not located Nicholas Harbison and Davis more than a week after the slayings.

The rest of the story is at the link. Hopefully this old woman will come to her senses and tell the authorities what she knows about Harbison and Misty Davis. I have a sick feeling that Davis is dead though.

There must have been a communication breakdown of sorts between LE. How else could the guy have been in Arkansas 4 days and the LE there are just now learning about Harbison? I remember it wasn't too long ago when that kid shot an officer in AR because the officer wasn't aware the guy was wanted when he pulled him over...can't remember his name but he shot his female passenger and himself (shot up a gay bar, I think).

Any updates on this one?

A fugitive charged with killing three people in a southern Indiana cornfield last week was angry because he believed his girlfriend had cheated on him, the sole survivor of the attack said.

Cameron White said in an interview from his room at University Hospital in Louisville, Ky., that Nicholas Harbison thought he and White's older brother, who was killed in the attack, knew something about Harbison's girlfriend.

"When he was beating me with the gun, he said 'You know, don't you?"' White told the television show "America's Most Wanted." "I said, 'Know what?' He said that right before he shot me. He thought I was pretty well dead..."

"The last thing he said to me was 'Can you walk?"' White said. "And I said 'What do you think?' And that's when he walked off."
http://www.theindychannel.com/news/9590103/detail.html

So does the girlfriend think this killer is a "BIG HERO" for Protecting her honor????? Give me a break!!!!!! Killed his best friend???

They had a segment on tonight about the case. They talked to the young man who lived after being injured and left for dead. He said he just can't understand why. The mother of one of the girls said she had never heard the name Nick Harbison before. Receipts were found in the car that they had been in Jonesboro, Arkansas last Saturday night watching the program. The stepmother said she dropped them off at a Walmart in Memphis. I wonder if they hijacked a car from there. I haven't heard of anyone missing though. I sure hope they find them soon.

I'm wondering if he didn't agree to let the stepmother go if she gave him money and agreed to let her take the little girl with her but Debbie had to stay with him. I'm sure that Debbie would agree to stay as long as her little girl was allowed to leave. I know I would agree if my baby was released.

He was probably glad to let the stepmother go as she is elderly and all he wanted from her was money. The baby probably got cranky and on his nerves so he was probably glad to let her go too. Maybe he had just enough love in his evil heart for the baby not to want anything to happen to her.

I think he will keep Debbie alive just in case he has to use her as a shield if LE catch up to him. I wonder how long he thinks they can out run LE? I'll bet Debbie is scared to death. She knows now that he killed the two young girls and his best friend. He knows now that the other young man didn't die. Interesting that they were watching AMW last Sat night isn't it!

If the stepmother let them off at a WalMart in Ark then no one knows what they are driving. His truck wouldn't have been there unless someone drove it to him there which is unlikely. I wonder how much money the stepmother gave him. Maybe enough to pay cash for some type of vehicle. If they had stolen a vehicle LE would know about that by now. Maybe they know but just aren't reporting it.

I hope they get caught soon. I don't think that Debbie is with him because she really wants to be. He has threatened to kill her before if she left him so maybe she believes she is better off to just ride this thing out. At least she got her baby out of there.

If it turns out that the stepmother was trying to lead LE away from him and protect him that is just...well, I can't describe it. So she drops him off in a WalMart parking lot to do what, kill someone else for a car? How can you do that? Possibly make some innocent person a victim just to protect someone else?

Also, when are women going to learn. If you file charges against someone for beating you ir threatening you don't go back to LE and drop the charges just because the scum bag apologizes and says he will never do that again. And if you have children in the picture, I don't care if you can't be without a man for 5 minutes, think about your children and not yourself and your needs. I just don't understand it. I had guy draw back once to slap me and I decked him with a right hook before he could hit me. I don't take any crap like that.

curious1 said:
I had guy draw back once to slap me and I decked him with a right hook before he could hit me. I don't take any crap like that.
That's awesome.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back