GUILTY IN - Spencer White, 21, Keela Lynch, 18, & Rebekah Acorn, 17, murdered, 17 July 2006

Paladin said:
That's awesome.
Thank you! :D After that he was so mad he told me to get out and walk home which was about 10 miles away. I said, yeah, you want me to walk back home from our date? And then when I tell my Dad why....he didn't let me finish the sentence before he started the car up and headed back to my house. ;)

http://www.kait8.com/Global/story.asp?S=5226189

AUGUST 1, 2006 - Posted at 3:44 p.m. CDT

WHEELING, IN - A triple murder suspect who was in Jonesboro last week, according to his stepmother, was arrested this afternoon by Indiana State Police at approximately 2:36 p.m. in the Wheeling, Indiana area.

According to KAIT (Raycom) sister station WFIE, Harbison is to be taken to the Pike County jail and held without bond until his initial court appearance.

His girlfriend, Misty Davis, was released to her parents.

According to state police detectives, Harbison fatally shot and stabbed three people and seriously wounded another during a July 17 attack in a cornfield in Pike County.

Harbison reportedly fled the state with his girlfriend, daughter and stepmother. His daughter and stepmother re-surfaced in Indiana unharmed last week, and his mother told authorities the four had been in Jonesboro the previous day. However, local authorities say they were never notified by Indiana authorities that Harbison was in the area.

UPDATE: Triple murder suspect was living behind his trailer during nationwide manhunt

Nicholas Harbison, a triple murder suspect who has been the subject of a nationwide manhunt, has been arrested in Gibson County, living in an abandoned house with his girlfriend about five acres behind his mobile home.

<snip>

Davis called her parents today at 1:07 p.m., and asked them to come pick her up at the abandoned home, said the mother, Debbie Davis.

Debbie Davis said her daughter seemed fine, and both she and Harbison appeared ready for the hunt to end. Her daughter, she said, will be questioned later today by the Indiana State Police.

The mother contacted law enforcement after she met her daughter at the abandoned home.

more at the link http://www.courierpress.com/news/2006/aug/01/triple-murder-suspect-arrested-gibson-county/

I am happy to hear that it ended without another person being killed. I am wondering though, since they were found so close to home, does that mean that the stepmom lied about letting them off at a Walmart in Memphis. This is going to get her in more trouble if it does.

I can't believe they released the girl to her parents! I would think they would at least have taken her to the police station and find out what the heck has been going on the past 2 weeks! She may have been very well held against her will, but I think the police need to find out for sure what the heck she has been up to the past 2 weeks.

Annie said:
I am happy to hear that it ended without another person being killed. I am wondering though, since they were found so close to home, does that mean that the stepmom lied about letting them off at a Walmart in Memphis. This is going to get her in more trouble if it does.

I'm glad that it ended without anymore death too. You can bet the stepmother lied to LE. She must have dropped them off near that house and then drove on over to Debbie's parents house to give them the little girl. I think they live a ways away. I wonder why the stepmother was so willing to lie for that killer. I would like to hear her reasoning before I judge her to harshly. It might have had something to do with the baby and Debbie. I wonder if she was in a habit of covering for him?

deespoohbear said:
I can't believe they released the girl to her parents! I would think they would at least have taken her to the police station and find out what the heck has been going on the past 2 weeks! She may have been very well held against her will, but I think the police need to find out for sure what the heck she has been up to the past 2 weeks.

She will be questioned, but why not before being released to her parents? That makes no sense to me.

I have tons of friends who live in Princeton. My one friend has a sister who is 18 I wonder if she was friends with any of these people? Actually it's not a very big town at all pretty much everybody knows everybody.

Mygirlsadie said:
I have tons of friends who live in Princeton. My one friend has a sister who is 18 I wonder if she was friends with any of these people? Actually it's not a very big town at all pretty much everybody knows everybody.

Mygirlsadie,

Got any updates on this?

From June 2007:

http://www.courierpress.com/news/local-news/life-in-prison-looms-as-harbison-awaits-todays

Nicholas Harbison will spend the rest of his life in prison without the possibility of parole for the slaying of three youths and the attempted murder of another in a cornfield last summer...

Sue White asked Harbison how he could have murdered her son, and wounded her other son. "How could you, Nick?" she asked, holding a picture of Daniel 'Spencer' White. "You were part of our family half the time." Cameron White, the lone survivor of the attack, glared into Harbison's eyes when it was his turn to speak. His voice shaking, he whispered "Why did you do this? How could you do this?"...

Harbison... pleaded guilty to murder charges in the July 17 slayings of Keela Lynch, 18, Rebekah Acorn, 17, and Daniel "Spencer" White, 21. Harbison also pleaded guilty to attempted murder for allegedly stabbing and shooting Cameron White, who was then 18.

From August 2008:

http://www.wndu.com/news/indiana/headlines/26905024.html

The Indiana Court of Appeals has upheld a six-year sentence given to a woman convicted of helping her boyfriend escape after he killed three people...

Misty Davis is in prison after she was convicted in Pike Circuit Court in October of assisting a criminal and false informing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back