In the trunk 2.6 days Decomp Info #1

What happened to the 11 days? I thought it was stated on NG that KC drove around with Caylee for about 11 days.

2.6 days is a much shorter time frame. I want to know how it ties into the 3 witnesses that saw her coming out of the woods.

I am wondering if she was spotted once when she left the body there and then again, when she went back to check on the body.

Do we have dates on when these "sightings" occurred? I haven't seen any.

Yes Bev, I do think this will help TEQ!

Salem

I think it means "at least" 2.6 days. Decomposition marker.

Im not good at reading the charts on the FBI info.....did it say that the air was also 2.6 days....or just the decomp....my thinking is if its just the decomp...then maybe after the 2.6 days KC put her into something and yet the air could have more days left....does that make since.....

I'm hoping that NG interprets for us. It's all in FBI lab-ese.

Salem, don't mean to jump the answer, but yes, all bodies go through anaerobic and aerobic decomp. What this report is saying is that the aerobic decomp was retarded for some reason, probably because it was placed in an oxi deprived condition. The measured gases consistent with anaerobic decomp.

Bev! The voice of reason! Thanks!

(I am copying this post from that thread - good information)

For those that missed it on the first thread

This is what I typed out while talking to my cousin who is in his last year of school to be a forensic pathologist.

Ok, he says about the 2.6 days. It appears as if this body was placed in the enclosed space of the trunk directly after death and left there in an unsealed container for 2 to 3 days per the test results. The body then could have remained in the enclosed space but was then placed in a recepticle to carry it, halting the decomp process on the fibers of the carpet in the trunk.
Many hairs were found, ONE with the death band/ The hair withthe death band also showed Chloroform in small traces. Interesting about the amout of Chloroform in the trunk, decomp DOES contain Chloroform but in miniscle amounts. With these results it shows someone had to have put pure choloroform in the trunk.

About the gasoline. It could only come in those levels if spilled or poured in the trunk, no way those vapors came from open containers, period. Which indicates to him that someone tried to clean with this agent.

The fact that there were 5 elements only found in human decomp is normal for this type of testing. Many of the agents WILL be similar to animals but will have other compounds that point to animal cadavers, NO other animal compounds were found, which concludes that this decomp can ONLY be human.

I asked abotu the sushi theroy so loved by some, he laughed at me. He said there is NO POSSIBLE way any of these compounds that point to human decomp come from fish, why do you think they compared it to a pig? The pig make-up is the closest to human found in the environment and NO OTHER pig elements were found ruling out a pig, where the hell do I get shushi from anyway? That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard (says him).

He also asked who *I* did in.... Nice.

He doesn't follow this case at all but said it's obvios to him that *whomever this Caylee is* she is dead, he body was in the car without being placed in any bag or anything for 2-3 days and choloroform was used either on her or in the trunk. Hair won't normally have cloroform in it even in trace amounts due to death so unless a trace amount was spilled on it it was chemically induced as in ingested prior to death, even more than once.

He said he'd like to see the fiber samples which would most likely contain skin samples from fluids that they can pull DNA from.

Ok, that's what I got before he had to leave.

Hope this helps!

I'm sorry, but I don't see how testing air chemicals can tell you how long a body was in a particular place.

I think they can only indicate what stage of decomposition it was in.

Maybe so, I interpreted it a little differently. The report is basing the 2.6 days on the ratio of calcium : magnesium, not on the amount of gases, etc. measured. This is where it gets confusing for many of us.

To Wedavis - some chemicals deteriorate at a constant - carbon for example deteriorates exponentially and the level of carbon in a once living organism can be dated. Obviously the ratio of calcium : magnesium is also a constant in body decomp.

Maybe so, I interpreted it a little differently. The report is basing the 2.6 days on the ratio of calcium : magnesium, not on the amount of gases, etc. measured. This is where it gets confusing for many of us.

To Wedavis - some chemicals deteriorate at a constant - carbon for example deteriorates exponentially and the level of carbon in a once living organism can be dated. Obviously the ratio of calcium : magnesium is also a constant in body decomp.

I just don't know how that translates into a dead body being in the truck for 2.6 days. Or am I missing something?

I would think that means this deterioration was going on for 2.6 days. See the difference?

I'd think that the body had been deceased and decomposing for 2.6 days whether it had been in the trunk all that time or just placed there that day. I don't know anything about any of this though. It's a little confusing. I'm still trying to figure if they are going by the body farm air testing in the trunk or something else and how this all applies to the odor in the vehicle.

What happened to the 11 days? I thought it was stated on NG that KC drove around with Caylee for about 11 days.

2.6 days is a much shorter time frame. I want to know how it ties into the 3 witnesses that saw her coming out of the woods.

I am wondering if she was spotted once when she left the body there and then again, when she went back to check on the body.

Do we have dates on when these "sightings" occurred? I haven't seen any.

Yes Bev, I do think this will help TEQ!

Salem

The woman who saw Casey coming out of the woods said the sighting took place sometime between June 21 to June 28. She said she couldn't be more specific than this week.

The reporter who initially reported on Paul Kovach and Jimmy (driver of the pickup truck), said that their sighting took place "within the same time frame as the woman who sighted Casey."

So, we've got a one week window.

and just because there was only 2.6 days of decomp....doesnt mean she wasnt then placed into something that didnt allow any more decomp out...
I believe when She pull the car in the garage, she placed Caylee in one of the storage containers in the Anthonys garage. On one of the news stations that was reporting C & G it shows lots of storage containers in the garage.

I believe when She pull the car in the garage, she placed Caylee in one of the storage containers in the Anthonys garage. On one of the news stations that was reporting C & G it shows lots of storage containers in the garage.

I agree, after borrowing the shovel and seeing that it was too difficult to bury her. Don't you also think that CA and GA knew that one of the storage containers was missing? Wonder if they mentioned it to LE. Think not.

It looks to me like Caylee was laying in the trunk for 2.6 days. I understood that part, but that will not account for her being placed inside a container and left in there after that initial 2.6 days, right?

While I was reading that report, one question struck me.. Did that baby drink chloroform?? Am I the only one that thought that?

Not just a clean up. MAJOR clean up. The pizza bag kind of leads one to believe that the clean up occured after the car was picked up from Johnson's Towing. If she had cleaned up before, wouldn't she had thrown it away??? Everything else had been taken care of so thoroughly, why would she have left that?

yes that is my thought also.....was she in the trunk...died...there for 2.6 days...brought to the house...and then put into something and then disposed of?

or died either trunk or at house ...left in the back yard for 2.6 days and then into the trunk and then disposed.....or put into something and then disposed

This makes sense to me. I strongly believe that Caylee died in the trunk. I know it has been mentioned on this board before, but I agree with the theory that KC and Caylee left the Anthony home on the night of June 15th and that was the last night CA and GA saw their granddaughter alive.

I think she was in the yard (not buried); probably in the sandbox for 2-3 days and was then moved into the trunk.

MOO

That trunk was SPICK and SPAN clean, eh? I don't believe that she cleaned it either.

TakeNote - this is how I read the report. The ratio of calcium to magnesium is
5 : 1 at 90 adds for a decomposing body and I'm assuming that means at a means of ambient air at 72F. The report said that the ratio of calcium to magnesium at a means of 95F in Florida is an indication that the body was in its 2.6th day of decomposition when it was removed.

Personally, I don't think this is a good estimate - the means temp of Florida for 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 June was 86F, eleven degrees cooler than the 95F. If the average temp in a trunk is 10 degrees higher than the ambient temp then the real temp in the trunk was about 95F. Since the decomp was allegedly anaerobic and it was cooler than estimated in the report then the body could have been in that trunk to about the 20th of June.

No murderer would "plan" to leave a murdered body in the trunk of their car for 2 1/2 days or more. Given this truth, this alleged forensic evidence is proof that no premeditated murder took place.

In other words, this alleged evidence supports the defense, not the State's murder one charge.

No murderer would "plan" to leave a murdered body in the trunk of their car for 2 1/2 days or more. Given this truth, this alleged forensic evidence is proof that no premeditated murder took place.

In other words, this alleged evidence supports the defense, not the State's murder one charge.

A "plan" is not required for a determination of premeditation. It would be great to have, but it is not a requisite.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back