Interesting Info about Site where remains found

Lee had to know about this place. Should have been his first place to look when Casey told him, "close to home".
IMO

Maybe that is one of the reasons KC tossed her there, other than being too lazy to do otherwise, is that she knew trash was dumped there and figured it would be months if ever before she was found. Most of us speculated on a dumpster as the means of disposal.

What else did you discuss about the case? Was she willing to talk about it? Did you ask her what it was like living on the street?

Yes, I asked her what it was like..she said that it's been a nightmare living there since the news broke in July...she said she has been kept awake many nights by this...news crews, protesters, etc. Of course she is disturbed and upset about Caylee, but I asked her mainly what it was like LIVING through all of this so close by.

I was discussing Friday night's NG with my Mom (belladonna on WS) on my cell phone while in the terminal...she was sitting near me....and then we ended up sitting next to each other on the plane. She then brought up that she had heard me talking about Caylee and that she lived on the same street - very close.

Convo proceeded from there...I was so astonished by what she told me, that I sort of forgot about asking anything else after she told me about the site. I didn't ask about the site, specifically...she told me...

Basically, we just discussed how disgusted we both were with the whole thing...I gave her my information but noticed that she dropped the paper in her seat as we de-planed.

I think it was by accident, but I didn't want to press her to keep in touch with me. I'm hoping she remembers my name and finds me on facebook or something. I will update asap if I hear from her but I did ask her to jump on WS and post with us.

Hopefully she does.

What luck..seriously.

That site looks like every unkempt or undeveloped corner in the area. If I didn't stay after my lawn, it would look dense like that in a matter of a short time.

I don't think many people really realize the dense growth that occurs in this area of the country. When people say "woods" they often think of a nice wooded lot, with well traveled trails through them. It's not like that in Orlando. The underbrush is thick and heavy with palmetto and vines, usually low lying areas that retain water and are marshy most of the time. Many neighborhoods have small lots near them, very similar to the one where they found poor Caylee.

Thank goodness he trusted his instincts and wouldn't let it go.

Itis like that in this area of Oregon too. The unkept areas are soon overgrown with blackberry bushes, ferns and Lord knows what else. I can imagine hiding a bag very easily around here and having a hard time finding it again. The only thing we don't have that you all have are the CRITTERS! YIKES!

I was wondering how well traveled is the road where Caylee was found? It doesn't appear to have any sidewalks, but I was wondering how much traffic travels this road. I live in Tampa and I don't know the Orlando area where she was found. I do know about the natural preserves and areas that not developed. They are areas that you would not want to venture in. If you a golfer, there are areas that you wouldn't want to go find a lost golf ball...just let it be.

You are right, CBTampa, I used to live in Florida and I golfed a bit then..you are correct that if you lost your ball you "left it" because wild Florida is very scary!

People who have not lived in Florida don't have any appreciation for how tropical, thick and creepy the wild areas are. (It is no excuse, however, to have not followed up better with the meter reader).

When you are in the North..you don't know what it is like to be "confronted" by the things people in FL are regularly confronted with if they venture "off the fairway"...and even in their own back yards. Snakes are a real turn off!

Years ago my then husband was putting in a fence as part of his job and he had to step into a lagoon type thing near a very fancy house. A snake SWAM around his boot! He got a desk job after that! Seriously, searching Florida's woods would be quite bizarre. This is why the civilians weren't there going through that area with a fine tooth comb..because it is dangerous. People who live in FL rarely venture into unimproved areas.

I was wondering how well traveled is the road where Caylee was found? It doesn't appear to have any sidewalks, but I was wondering how much traffic travels this road. I live in Tampa and I don't know the Orlando area where she was found. I do know about the natural preserves and areas that not developed. They are areas that you would not want to venture in. If you a golfer, there are areas that you wouldn't want to go find a lost golf ball...just let it be.

The school has somewhere around 700 students as well as teachers, custodians, aides, etc. etc. who travel the road M-F during school time. Caylee disappeared after school let out for the summer. There are no houses that I can see along that stretch of the road past Hopespring Dr.

I'm just grateful to have gotten this info....pure luck I sat next to her on the plane.

I couldn't believe it when she said she lived down the street (I don't want to reveal her house location..but very, very close and I verified her name/address when I got home).

I couldn't understand how Caylee's remains were overlooked until this girl explained it to me (and I believe her to be a credible source....I really hammered her with questions...nicely, of course!)

Anyway, just thought it may shed some light on things....info comes to light in funny ways, huh??

I don't think LE knew it was a common dumping site...or else they should have combed it with a fine-toothed comb!!!!

(bolded by me)
As you said in your OP, the officer investigated and dismissed because a lot of trash and debris was there. (not to mention snakes:eek:)
That suggests to me the officer did regard it as a dump site... but perhaps (very unfortunately) did not make the sad connection that murdered children are often dumped at such sites, as trash.
The meter man's tips, coupled with the discovery of this trash site so close to the home of a missing/endangered child tells me higher authorities should have been alerted to the site promptly.

BTW Truthful, I appreciate your sharing your conversation and this information, even if it leaves me with more questions. :blowkiss:

The school has somewhere around 700 students as well as teachers, custodians, aides, etc. etc. who travel the road M-F during school time. Caylee disappeared after school let out for the summer. There are no houses that I can see along that stretch of the road past Hopespring Dr.

I was wondering because if the road was well traveled then I suspect that someone might have seen her dumping the bag off in broad daylight. Possibly she did it at night. Is this an area that people walk their dogs and jog?

snipped.
thank you macushla, this makes far more sense.
so she didn't actually put caylee somewhere she hoped she'd be found quickly at all then.

RIGht-she put her garbage bag with the other garbage bags...:mad:

Question; does the neighborhood have curb side pick up or does everyone take their garbage someplace else??

I was wondering because if the road was well traveled then I suspect that someone might have seen her dumping the bag off in broad daylight. Possibly she did it at night. Is this an area that people walk their dogs and jog?

The road looks like it dead ends after the school, so, probably only traveled by those going to and from the school.

You are right, CBTampa, I used to live in Florida and I golfed a bit then..you are correct that if you lost your ball you "left it" because wild Florida is very scary!

People who have not lived in Florida don't have any appreciation for how tropical, thick and creepy the wild areas are. (It is no excuse, however, to have not followed up better with the meter reader).

When you are in the North..you don't know what it is like to be "confronted" by the things people in FL are regularly confronted with if they venture "off the fairway"...and even in their own back yards. Snakes are a real turn off!

Years ago my then husband was putting in a fence as part of his job and he had to step into a lagoon type thing near a very fancy house. A snake SWAM around his boot! He got a desk job after that! Seriously, searching Florida's woods would be quite bizarre. This is why the civilians weren't there going through that area with a fine tooth comb..because it is dangerous. People who live in FL rarely venture into unimproved areas.

Which is why, IMO, LE didn't think Casey would wander off in there to dispose of a body.
I don't live in FL, but I have family there, so I visit once or twice a year. It is completely different from where I live in TX. I find tree rats freak me out, and I don't even know if they are dangerous, not to mention the snakes and alligators.
Anyway, I love to explore the outdoors, and will wander off in unfamiliar wooded areas without a second thought, but not in FL, if that helps anyone get an idea of what the terrain is like.
Lanie

FWIW, the area the teens hung out was not the area Caylee was found. The teens hung out around the school, which is a good 800 feet away. The school is surrounded by woods on three sides and it could have been those places. The meter reader referred to the spot on the road he was on, near where Caylee was found, as being between the two swamps on either side of the road. There is no way teens hung out in the area Caylee was found. Also the guys who found the rope found it over by the school as well. When people and the media refer to this and that by where Caylee was found, they are wrong. They only one who has been right by the scene is GSJ and the meter reader.

As long as they stayed on the road. I would think so. The area looks pleasant.

snipped.
thank you macushla, this makes far more sense.
so she didn't actually put caylee somewhere she hoped she'd be found quickly at all then.
Sounds to me it was chosen out of mere convenience. Makes my blood boil!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back