Interesting Info about Site where remains found

Doesn't it make you wonder what attracted the meterman to that one bag amongst many? Strange.

If there was indeed duct tape closing the bag (which is what was reported at first), that would be suspicious. Who duct tapes their garbage closed?

No, definitely not different places. Perhaps different areas within the same site..

The girl that told me this was perhaps very early twenties...had seen Casey/Caylee before in the neighborhood and used to walk her dog that way, as well. She said that teens did not "gather" there.. (at least not that she had ever seen, or heard of...and she has younger teen siblings, as well)

I know it's not authoritative info, but I sure questioned her extensively...

Once I saw the discovery site I knew there was no way this was the same spot Kio claimed was their hang out..She said they often brought food & ate there too :waitasec:

It definitely doesn't appear to be a teen hangout at all..I do think it's nearby & that's the area LE checked out.

I'm :confused: about the 'dumping ground'..The A's have trash cans out front so they must get pick-up (maybe they pay?) but either way there has to be a dump in the area & still ppl use the local woods instead..Is this just a FL/Orlando thang? :eek:

Doesn't it make you wonder what attracted the meterman to that one bag amongst many? Strange.

I believe that he saw duct tape on the bag, I think that is why LE edited the one call they released. Seeing duct tape on a garbage bag would not be very common.

Once I saw the discovery site I knew there was no way this was the same spot Kio claimed was their hang out..She said they often brought food & ate there too :waitasec:

It definitely doesn't appear to be a teen hangout at all..I do think it's nearby & that's the area LE checked out.

I'm :confused: about the 'dumping ground'..The A's have trash cans out front so they must get pick-up (maybe they pay?) but either way there has to be a dump in the area & still ppl use the local woods instead..Is this just a FL/Orlando thang? :eek:
I remember way back when on the general discussion thread people were giving their own experiences with the disposal of trash. A real eye-opener. Doesn't surprise me now.

No offense, but what does Florida have to do with it?

Question; does the neighborhood have curb side pick up or does everyone take their garbage someplace else??

I just posted about the same thing..I have curbside pickup in my town but the one next to me does not so they need to bring their trash to the local dump (sticker required) or pay a private service..I'm pretty sure nobody just dumps their trash bags where they feel like it..That's a concept that's hard to wrap my brain around.

I just posted about the same thing..I have curbside pickup in my town but the one next to me does not so they need to bring their trash to the local dump (sticker required) or pay a private service..I'm pretty sure nobody just dumps their trash bags where they feel like it..That's a concept that's hard to wrap my brain around.

Well, it happens everywhere. I live in Florida, grew up in Virginia and lived most of my life in Ohio and it happens. I don't understand the concept, but some people just don't want to pay for or bother with the correct method of disposal of their trash. This is way off subject.

People in Orlando pay to have their garbage taken from the curbside. However, there are alot of lazy people that find it far easier to just throw it out on the side of the road. I have lived in FL my entire life and live in Orlando now, growing up, me and my friends would go and hang out in the woods as well. Typically, I can remember it being during the winter or early spring, because alot of the underbrush would die off and you could see potential snakes, bugs,etc. And also have an easier time making a fort. The part where Caylee was found seems to be a marshy area most of the year, we stayed clear of any areas that had potential for holding water because that is where water mocassins live and they are poisionous. Most wooded, undeveloped woods in FL have garbage in them, not usually alot, just a little. But I am confused with how the smell of the bag wouldn't have been noticed? Even if you drive by something in a car, you smell it if it is that strong. We do have a service that does come and collect remains of any animals that are on the side of the road like raccoons and possums so the smell wouldn't have been common to have lingering. Does anyone know how long or any type of guesstimate about how long the stench would stay?

Now we know that dear baby CAYLEE WAS dumped like trash with trash............nice, real sweet of slayer mom kc.............

So sickening! Gee, she could have at least picked a lovely spot with flowers in a secluded area. The thought of that sweet baby being dumped like garbage gives me nightmares.:mad:

No offense, but what does Florida have to do with it?

Sorry CBTampa!..I didn't mean to offend anyone in Florida (or Orlando) but dumping trash in the local woods (or any other place one may chose) is foreign to someone living in the NE burbs..I now realize it's a common practice outside of FL too so please excuse my ignorance :blowkiss:

I don't mean to offend anyone but I would appreciate if someone would explain to me how LE should have "known" Caylee was in that weed-choked, snake (and Lord know what all) infested, heavily wooded acreage.

I do believe the people who followed up on the meter readers tips should worry about their careers with OCSO. And rightfully so. If the follow-ups had been handled better, little Caylee would have been found earlier. But that doesn't necessarily translate to this area being the first place LE should have looked for her.

It is very easy to sit in our computer chairs and criticize but, if we were in LE's shoes, starting a month behind, with no idea where the poor child might have been disposed of, I don't think we would find it so easy to find her either. JMO.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I would appreciate if someone would explain to me how LE should have "known" Caylee was in that weed-choked, snake (and Lord know what all) infested, heavily wooded acreage.

I do believe the people who followed up on the meter readers tips should worry about their careers with OCSO. And rightfully so. If the follow-ups had been handled better, little Caylee would have been found earlier. But that doesn't necessarily translate to this area being the first place LE should have looked for her.

It is very easy to sit in our computer chairs and criticize but, if we were in LE's shoes, starting a month behind, with no idea where the poor child might have been disposed of, I don't think we would find it so easy to find her either. JMO.

I agree and that is what KC was banking on.

Well, it happens everywhere. I live in Florida, grew up in Virginia and lived most of my life in Ohio and it happens. I don't understand the concept, but some people just don't want to pay for or bother with the correct method of disposal of their trash. This is way off subject.

The discussion is where Caylee was found..I honestly don't see it being "way off subject" to question why it is that a known dumping ground is in a wooded residential area.

I'm done with this subject now :)

I don't know why the bag with Caylee wasn't found, if cadaver dogs or tracking dogs were used. As I've written before, I thought the woods had already been searched near the Anthony home.

However, I also live in the southeast with woods all around me, and it is not unusual during hot and humid times to have bad odors coming from the woods. It could be skunks or other animals like coyotes, or it could be a dead animal. I would never automatically think a human being was in the woods if I smelled a bad odor in the summertime. I would think of a dead turtle or raccoon or something. And it's even hotter in Florida with more predators/scavengers. :twocents:

One more thing - people dump stuff in the woods because they are lazy, or because it is going to cost them to get things hauled away. It's unfortunate, but I think people do it everywhere, except maybe in subdivisions with strict guidelines.

icherish replies in blue:

Not sure if you're talking to me or not...but I said IF the area concering the tips was regarded as a dump site(it has been suggested in this thread the area was trash strewn), that site should have been followed up more closely following the tips. I stand by that...however I never said LE should have "known" little Caylee was there. :waitasec:

Agreed

I realize LE are human, they make mistakes. Just saying, as you are, that the tips concerning the area Caylee was found weren't taken as seriously as they should have been. It's ok to express opinion on that.

If this is a trash dump site for people doesn't the county ever go in and clean it up?

I believe that he saw duct tape on the bag, I think that is why LE edited the one call they released. Seeing duct tape on a garbage bag would not be very common.

Even if that is the reason that the meter reader was so suspicious, don't you think he would've pointed out a trash bag with duct tape on it. I don't think LE would've dismissed a trash bag with duct tape on it as just trash. So I really would like to know what he saw. I can't wait until he tells HIS STORY.

I'm just grateful to have gotten this info....pure luck I sat next to her on the plane.

I couldn't believe it when she said she lived down the street (I don't want to reveal her house location..but very, very close and I verified her name/address when I got home).

I couldn't understand how Caylee's remains were overlooked until this girl explained it to me (and I believe her to be a credible source....I really hammered her with questions...nicely, of course!)

Anyway, just thought it may shed some light on things....info comes to light in funny ways, huh??

I don't think LE knew it was a common dumping site...or else they should have combed it with a fine-toothed comb!!!!

First, Truthful, thanks for investigating your seat mate. Many people would not have continured to ask questions. You were being a good sleuther.
I can see, that perhaps because it was known as a "common" dumping place, that might have the opposite effect on the cops. They could have believed no one would dump a body in a sight so common.
I live clear across the U.S. but I've been to Florida enough to know the type of growth and swampy conditions that exsists in that area. I would assume, since there is so much deep water around the state, the seas and lakes would be a perfect place to release a body for the elements and critters to destroy it.
Again, thanks for bringing the information to this site.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn
Back