Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9016993&postcount=1431
Originally posted by Quester
My understanding, from DarrylB's testimony, is that JA arrived at his house at ~7am, so time between when JA left and returned may be less than you are thinking.

Here's what I've made note of for that time period:

6/3; ~7am Pacific Grove CA JA visited/breakfast with ex-bf, DarrylB and son; borrowed 2 gas cans (5 gal each); JA used DB's computer to check email; JA told DB she was going to visit his sister in Pasadena CA.

6/3; btw 9am-10am JA called DB

6/3; ~10am Pacific Grove CA JA returned back to DarrylB's house; According to DB, JA gave DB "a remote control"; JA said she does not remember.

6/3; 10:10am Monterey CA JA made deposits in Washington Mutual (Alvarado St) accounts.
#1 deposit account#8006 $400 6/3 10:10
#2 deposit account#7148 $300 6/3 10:11
#3 deposit account#7148 $100 6/3 10:15

6/3 Salinas CA JA said she had a manicure. (?Hair dyed brown? ?Brazilian wax? ~2.5 - ~4 hrs depending on svcs)

6/3; 3:22pm Salinas CA Walmart (facial cleanser x2, sunblock x2, 5 gal kerosene container); JA said she returned kerosene container and didn't get a receipt, received cash. JM said Walmart-Salinas has NO RECORD of return of any 5 gal kerosene container that day.

I did not realize that DB had testified that JA returned a remote control. Did he say what it was for?

Do we know where JA got the money to make these deposits? TIA :)

I watched that episode too. The police were able to find out when/where the item was bought and even had video of the guy making the purchase. Walmart keeps good records. I think JM will produce the "receipts" that this is another lie Jodi has told on the stand.

they honed in on Jodi almost immediately as the primary suspect. (as an aside, who calls the investigating officer while he's still at the scene of the crime responding to the 911 call???) so I would imagine it didn't take very long before they got to Walmart. Wouldn't it be great if they had video of her buying the gas can, but no video of her returning it during the brief period of time she was still in salinas? But I would imagine they don't or the defense would know about it, and they wouldn't let her go on and on with the story about returning the can. this really is a pivotal point. if she lied about the third gas can, the jury can assume (if they don't already) that everything she's said is a lie. one of the most fascinating criminal cases ever...

[edit: it would be even better if the video showed her buying the gas can as a blonde, before she "got her nails done"...]

WOW...great find OldCarGirl.

IIRC, JA's mother claimed that she saw TA's family talking to the jury. It is my understanding that it was investigated by the court and found to be false.

I would only add to (1)b that apparently Arias went back to work on the evening of 6/6 at Casa Ramos, thus her story about returning to Yreka first before taking back then rental car,.

But I noticed that while JM was questionong JA about the 3 gas cans in SLC, he said something to the effect because you went straight to work on the evening of June 6th RIGHT? So I think he maybe knows that she didn't go to work that night? I don't know...I just think there's more to that work story. MOO

I did not realize that DB had testified that JA returned a remote control. Did he say what it was for?

BBM

No, not to my knowledge. I honestly think it's the remote to the DVD player that was "stolen" from Jodi's grandparents' house.

Was just over at the "A view from the inside.." thread and got a gander at this pic (courtesy of a screenshot from bsk):

attachment.php

Just behind and to the right of JA's mother...who IS that, with the dark hair and off-the-shoulder top?? Sorry if this has been discussed before; if so, I missed it. Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by OldCarGal View Post
Question!

January 15, Sandy Arias (Jodi's mother) reported "she was informed" about jury misconduct. Was this a tact by Jodi to get a mistrial? Anybody know what Sandy Arias reported?

Article
http://www.chathousenews.com/2013/01...-was-told.html
Court documents
http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...3/m5592126.pdf

Isn't it fascinating how stranger and random people always seem to come forth to tell Jodi and her mom things like men cheating on Jodi and now this supposed jury misconduct. So very interesting (insert sarcasm here!)

But I noticed that while JM was questionong JA about the 3 gas cans in SLC, he said something to the effect because you went straight to work on the evening of June 6th RIGHT? So I think he maybe knows that she didn't go to work that night? I don't know...I just think there's more to that work story. MOO

Yes. I like when he slips in those questions. He does it quite a bit and sometimes, he's just confirming what is known but sometimes, you can just tell that he's getting her to confirm a lie.

moo

I wonder, with JA knowing Travis' passwords to everything, did she have his financial/banking information too?
Did she steal money too?

At first, those deposits she made just stuck out as very, very odd.

I have considered that she could be paid for her *talents* along the way and made cash.
Maybe her beauty and nail salon trip was paid for as a favor payment?

Most folks with cash do not deposit it. I'd rather have cash in hand than a debit/credit card.

I don't think the odd banking practice and her receipts that are strange will be left unknown by Juan. I think he's got a huge surprise coming for us.

Just watching an old Forensic Files on TNT involving a body found in a suitcase. Law enforcement traced the suitcase as only sold at Walmart. Interesting thing was that Walmart has the most extensive tracking software.. all through UPC codes.. so M'aam.. it won't matter HOW you lie about returning gas can, Walmart KNOWS it never happened. You may have paid in cash to HIDE the purchase but they will know EVERY gas can sold that day by UPC and whether any were ever returned.. so THERE! And I bet Juan can prove it!

My sons (great job for college summers) and my friend who used to work at Walmart's distribution center, where boxes of products are broken down and shipped to various WalMarts said they know to the very last shampoo bottle how much is going out the door by sticky finger employees and which employee. Products damaged are to be reported. Everything is scanned, coded and reported each shift.

Re the 3 deposits of $300, 200, and 100, respectively, my imagination runs amok! Hopefully it will be one of the juror questions next week. Enquiring minds would like to know....

In response to whether JA had a mask on when she killed Travis. I don't think so. She wanted Travis to see who it was that going to murder him. She wanted him to see her face seething with hatred. I'm sure she taunted him with cruel words also.

Move over Casey Anthony. America has a new 'most hated woman.'

BBM. Sad part is, JA would probably delight in that as "fame".

Was just over at the "A view from the inside.." thread and got a gander at this pic (courtesy of a screenshot from bsk):

attachment.php

Just behind and to the right of JA's mother...who IS that, with the dark hair and off-the-shoulder top?? Sorry if this has been discussed before; if so, I missed it. Thanks in advance.

IMO, not exactly proper courtroom attire.

My sons (great job for college summers) and my friend who used to work at Walmart's distribution center, where boxes of products are broken down and shipped to various WalMarts said they know to the very last shampoo bottle how much is going out the door by sticky finger employees and which employee. Products damaged are to be reported. Everything is scanned, coded and reported each shift.

Their loss prevention team is phenomenal.
That can would have been scanned back into inventory.

OT but is anyone else looking forward to the couple days break from Jodi next week? Of course I will miss JM The Great, but I could use this little JA break to do some much needed housecleaning, go to the gym, & most importantly spend some extra time w/ friends & family who probably think I've fallen off the face of the earth! Lol!

Also Monday starts Spring Break here n Tx so I'm gonna take my 7 yr old to do something fun! Yeah for mommy/daughter time! :great:

Totally OT but there was a murder right down the street from the suburb where we live! :what: Here's a link to the news story. http://wap.myfoxdfw.com/w/main/story/86496037/
It was so very shocking b/c it's in walking distance of our house & such a safe town we live in. But apparently the husband was arrested previously for domestic violence. So sad. :(. Thankfully their 2 children weren't harmed.

I drove by their house yesterday & saw a bunch of unmarked cop cars, crime lap van, & of course the crime scene tape all around the house. I could see their backyard & the built in fire pit where cops have been digging through...who knows maybe he tossed weapons in there. I also saw a nice wooden playground set & trampoline in their backyard...that really hit me seeing those kids outdoor play items. :(

They still aren't telling us much since it just happened & when I drove by I could see they are doing a very thorough investigation...so may not hear more details for a while.

I'm so sorry this is so OT but being that it happened w/ in walking distance of our home freaked me out. We live in a beautiful safe town w/ exemplary schools & proves this can happen anywhere.

IIRC, JA's mother claimed that she saw TA's family talking to the jury. It is my understanding that it was investigated by the court and found to be false.

Does the jury know it was JA's mother who started the rumour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea