Interview with Maya D at Lowell...

I'm not sure what I believe. Is English her first language or does she have a different mother tongue? I seem to pick up, in spite of her intelligence and ease with talking, that English may be her second language. That might explain the hesitancy with the pronunciation of chloroform.

My biggest skepticism, however, is the description of the administration of the chloroform. Its effects wear off in a matter of minutes. In order to put someone "out" it would have to be readministered repeatedly every few minutes. That would not make a free party night for Casey. Unless she left the cloth over Caylee's mouth in order for her to continuously breathe the drug into her system. And it is unlikely that Casey would know the exact amount required to put on the cloth to knock her out without killing her. If she managed to do that once it would be a miracle but surely not something she would be able to repeat on a regular basis, IMO.

I like this girl and want to give her the benefit of the doubt. . . but I dunno.

No English is not her first language. I forgot where( maybe Bosnia), but she was in a war torn country and then moved here.

She seems credible to me. She is also more well spoken and coherent than Casey Cindy and Lee combined.

If you just go by her early picture to how she looks now, she really has changed. She did seem to have a peacefulness about her and I really really do want to believe her.

Also, I thought Kathy Belich did a fantastic job with the interview!

I am shocked at how credible she appears. I opened those video links expecting to find something completely different. I hate to say it, but I think I had preformed an opinion of Maya only based on her connection to Robyn and Casey, both of whom I know are liars, each with their personal agenda. I have not listened to Maya's phone tapes because I thought rhornsby stated the night before he released them, that we would need an interpreter. I don't guess he realized how well she speaks English, OR the calls are to family and she DOES speak in her native language during those calls.

She seems very believable to me. I will be the first to admit that I can be very naive at times when it comes to judging people. Heck, the first time I saw Sky on NG, I found her to be credible. :loser:

The one huge thing that really makes me believe her, is she is the one who turned herself in for her own crime of murder. Naive as it sounds, I truly got the impression that she wants to do the right thing....(on both counts - her own crime and making the initial call to Yuri in re. KC). I keep hoping to find someone who is noble in this crazy bunch, so for me, this time it is her turn. Heck, plenty others have disappointed me before now. I'll eat another plate of crow if I am wrong about her, too.

I agree beach...she turned her own self in on HER heinous crime, and so I do not feel that she has an agenda of self-gain in THIS...I think her agenda is just what she says, she has small brothers and sisters and she has applied the scenario of the horror of what happened to Caylee to them and it hurt her heart and she is a champion for nobody but Caylee Anthony in this...

She IS a very beautiful and serene girl, and very believable.

The stories I have read indicate that MD only confessed after someone else phoned in a tip. She did not "turn herself in". She was already in jail awaiting sentencing on a car jacking.

Ii is nice to know that she is remorseful, but I dont think that takes away from what she did. She strangled a 15 year old "friend", a child, while two men sat on her arms. The Mother of this young girl no longer has her to hold,and no remorse will change that I am sure.

One of the reasons that I dont find her story believeable is because it has changed since the beginning. Chloroform was not mentioned in her statements to investigators, so I have to question why now? I also find it curious that RAs Dad visited her in jail.

The stories I have read indicate that MD only confessed after someone else phoned in a tip. She did not "turn herself in". She was already in jail awaiting sentencing on a car jacking.

--repectfully snipped

Okay, I have no knowledge of that. If you happen across a link, I would like to read. I believe you, I am just curious. :)

And not that it makes any difference in the point you are making, but it was RA's mom that visited her. Plus, according to RA's phone calls to her dad, she got into some trouble (not clear what it was) while incarcerated in the same jail block as KC/RA, was temporarily moved and subseqently moved back before she was sent to Lowell.

I just cant not believe the news is still following this. It is, in my opinion, quite obvious what MD is after(as well as RA), and that is leniency on their sentences. RA still has time to ask for it and MD will, come parole time. Or MD just loves RA so much, that MD will go so far as to keep embellishing her story. After all, their stories do get more and more informative with each susequent interview. I wish this case would "get to trial already". It might cut down on all this side show (and my insanity lol).

In the supplementary LE report it mentions MD took a polygraph. RA is in Federal Prison and Feds would have no interest on making a deal in the KC case. If a deal were offered to RA it would have been for any drug info she could provide. My guess is that KC is just not "time off your sentence" worthy. KC's in jail for the death of one small helpless child. Illegal drugs kill thousands every year. Nope KC's small potatoes regardless of how "grandiose" she may think she is. JMO

snipped from article...

Then someone made an anonymous phone call about a week ago to Crimeline.

The tipster said two people involved in the death had been picked up within weeks of the killing in connection with an armed carjacking near Chickasaw Trail. Those two, awaiting sentencing in jail, were Derkovic and Tolbert.

I am not sure if this link is ok with TOS. Please forgive me if its not as I am new to which things can be linked or not :(

http://florida-issues.blogspot.com/2007/10/jailed-orange-teen-admits-she-killed.html

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2007-10-16/news/deadfolo16_1_goldenrod-lundy-retention-pond/2

I was under the impression in RAs, Disc 2, Call #1 that her Father had visited Maya.

Will also keep looking for more information on MDs case in the event that link is not credible enough :)

The fact is MD confessed to the crime when she did not have to. She confessed because she said she could not live with herself. So how does one live with oneself when you give LE false information about a crime. I don't know.....maybe we should ask KC?????? JMO

Can this be used as a confession, or would she have had to tell law inforcement for that. I guess I wonder what it does to Casey legally.

snipped from article...

Then someone made an anonymous phone call about a week ago to Crimeline.

The tipster said two people involved in the death had been picked up within weeks of the killing in connection with an armed carjacking near Chickasaw Trail. Those two, awaiting sentencing in jail, were Derkovic and Tolbert.

I am not sure if this link is ok with TOS. Please forgive me if its not as I am new to which things can be linked or not :(

http://florida-issues.blogspot.com/2007/10/jailed-orange-teen-admits-she-killed.html

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2007-10-16/news/deadfolo16_1_goldenrod-lundy-retention-pond/2

I was under the impression in RAs, Disc 2, Call #1 that her Father had visited Maya.

Will also keep looking for more information on MDs case in the event that link is not credible enough :)

Thank you, Astraea!!!

I know the 2nd link to the Sentinel is fine. I've never heard of the 1st site before now, so I'm not sure about the TOS in re. that one.

You may be totally correct about Dad visiting Maya if you heard it on Disc 2! I only listened to portions of Disc 1 and almost the complete Disc 3. Gosh, that girl liked to talk a LOT! LOL!

I'm getting off this computer for a while and going out to enjoy the beautiful day. I will read more when I get back online. Thanks again for linking the articles! :blowkiss:

MD seems very credible. She has a heart and conscience. Baby killers are frowned upon in prison, huge difference from county to prison. She's not asking for anything, no time off. She sees herself as blessed cause she was facing a DP sentence and to have 30 years is a blessing. I do hope she does as well if placed on the stand at Inmate Anthony's trial.

She's got her down pat. She sees the jealousy, the "sibling" rivalry created by the love her parents felt for Caylee..she shows no remorse, she is blank, has no feelings. She has alot of hatred for her mother..She backed off from this due to her not having the remorse for the death of her child. She can't befriend someone who is evil.

She was in jail for a carjacking. The authorities had all the pieces of the puzzle but didn't have the box. She gave herself up for this murder. She's a changed person, I made mistakes but it's what you do in the future that counts. She seems very well rounded after the crime she commited. She just feels she should come clean, it's just not right to kill a child.

I came away from hearing this interveiw with good feelings with MD.

The only part that seemed untruthful to me was when she was saying "chlorofoam" and smiling, I am not sure KC ever actually said that part to her. The rest of it seems to me as if it is truthful. I have no idea why she would lie about "chlorofoam" but I just felt like that part was a lie or embellishment.

The only part that seemed untruthful to me was when she was saying "chlorofoam" and smiling, I am not sure KC ever actually said that part to her. The rest of it seems to me as if it is truthful. I have no idea why she would lie about "chlorofoam" but I just felt like that part was a lie or embellishment.

I find it interesting she left it out because she could not say it and since has learned.

Just a thought: If it is true that KC tends to change her behavior/demeanor depending on who she is trying to charm, it seems possible that she may have divulged some of her darker secrets to Maya, a pretty, young convicted murderess. Who knows?

Lots of younger people do not know what chloroform is since it's been outlawed early on, IIRC in the '70's..she has no reason to lie, she seems very credible. MD seems to feel more for Caylee than Inmate Anthony. It's not right to kill a child, is what she kept saying. Tell the truth it will set you free..that could be all the difference between a life sentence and a death sentence for Inmate Anthony's future...

I cant really find anyone that feels less for Caylee after death than Casey.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back