Is it possible that someone acted alone? *Poll added*

If someone acted alone, who was the most likely in your opinion?

• Misty

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Ron

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • Tommy

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Joe

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Timmy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snodgrass

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • A stranger

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Teresa

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • One person but unsure which one.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Sapp

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
IMO, if anyone acted alone, i think it would be Ron. I think he would keep it quiet and to himself, b/c it is no ones business. (in his mind) I really don't think anyone person acted alone in this tragedy. They are all in this up to their eyeballs. They know the pressure is being applied to the weakest link.

I once thought that maybe Ron got off from work early snuck in the house while Misty was sleeping, removed HaLeigh, to kinda teach Misty a lesson, for stepping out of the relationship while she went on her weekend binge. Misty awakes to find HaLeigh gone, and see's Ron and asks "Do you have HaLeigh?" (i always thought that statement was odd) Ron tells her no, you better call the police. Of course this isn't what i think now, as we know just a little bit more.

JMO

Ron can't act alone. He'd have to call his mother and grandmother. I believe that, wholeheartedly. I then believe they set things in motion to make Misty take the fall. Her family just happened to step in and want to protect her. I don't know what the Croslins might be involved in, but all their stories reek to high heaven of false confession details.

Why the hell they'd protect these Cummings people, I'll never know.

I've been working on a theory that Misty called Ron as soon as she found Haleigh missing, & he either sneaked out of work or got off early, & helped with the clean up, & then did the drive thing & the ciggy run, to establish his alibi. Why? because he had a lot of criminal stuff to cover, before he called 911. clean the house of drugs & guns, maybe stolen property, who knows. & yes, I do think Ron would be capable of this. If he did this, then there's something else he would need to cover. I do believe these people made a bad situation worse. I know a lady whose son's gf died of an OD, in their home & they cleaned that house, from 1 end to another...not because they didn't care about the girl, because they did. It's been 4 years, & they still grieve, & the son will never be the same. But, they did clean that house. That's what dealers do. & I don't think Misty would've dared calling the cops without Ron's help. on a side note...2 years after that OD, the mom found some meth, still stashed in a tree, & a purse filled with the girl's pills. & the cops, who turned that house upside down, just missed them.

To me Ron sneaking out of work early, cleaning up evidence then making a drive to the store as an alibi doesn't work.
That makes the whole deal much too convoluted and gives more people more chances to have seen him out and about or employees to notice him missing at some point.
We have no one coming forward to say that anything was 'off' that night with Ron's schedule or that he was seen earlier than has been verified by investigators.

To me Ron sneaking out of work early, cleaning up evidence then making a drive to the store as an alibi doesn't work.
That makes the whole deal much too convoluted and gives more people more chances to have seen him out and about or employees to notice him missing at some point.
We have no one coming forward to say that anything was 'off' that night with Ron's schedule or that he was seen earlier than has been verified by investigators.

You are right...we haven't seen anyone come forward with any information that he was elsewhere...

BUT...we don't have ALL the information..that the LE have...

There could have been statements given to LE...and those folks were told not to talk...

Plus the LE is only putting out the information..THEY WANT us to hear..
I have to say the LE is keeping it ...VERY...tight to the vest...

This case has taken a lot of twists and turns...MOO

I've thought Misty was at fault from Day One. Her story just did not add up from the get-go, and I do not think she was being coached. I don't think she set out to hurt Haleigh, but I do believe she caused whatever happened, and then Tommy was called in to help her cover it up. I don't know if she was resentful of being "dragged in" to babysit and let her anger rule or if she gave Haleigh "something" to keep her asleep while Misty went out and partied or what, but I've always felt the girl had more lie-ability and street smarts than a lot of folks give her credit for. She is not the innocent, easily-manipulated young girl that many think. She's had to grow up fast in a den of liars. Lying and covering up are second nature to that family, and by now she at least has an associates degree in it.

Well, if she was "dragged" in to babysit, she was probably manipulated by someone. WHO in their right mind "drags" a girl like Misty in to take care of a special needs child and her little brother. Any of the possiblity for "draggers" in this scenario are all older and should have been the ones taking responsiblity for those two little kids. JMO, but anyone who would put those two little kids in Misty's care is certainly capable of doing something to Haleigh on their own out of their own anger, poor judgment, drug use or wrong associations. JMO

That WE know of...........

Ron can't act alone. He'd have to call his mother and grandmother. I believe that, wholeheartedly. I then believe they set things in motion to make Misty take the fall. Her family just happened to step in and want to protect her. I don't know what the Croslins might be involved in, but all their stories reek to high heaven of false confession details.

MC was called on to cover for RC
TN and GGS supported that.
The Croslins were called on to cover for MC although I believe they were ignorant to the facts in the beginning and were just supporting Misty because she was family. They gave into MC to let her marry RC because MC was pushing for it. Why? So RC would marry her and they would have immunity from testimony against each other, (which turned out not to be true) but nevertheless I believe that was the motivator. Marry MC to keep her quiet. She was covering for him and he had to make sure that would stick.

Then 9 months later, TN says to RC in a jail visit "You think she'll talk"? Big revelation right there for me.

It could be either place. Or it could be neither place. I do believe the Green Lane MH was staged as an abduction scene...any staging would have to be done there for the claim that Haleigh was taken from her bed.

What I find difficult to swallow is that Haleigh was in dire straits (or had died) before Ron left for work and he left the clean-up to Misty and crew. When I think of myself in the position of perp of a hideous crime, I conclude that I would never feel safe leaving such important tasks to someone else. Especially someone like Misty.
I would feel a lot better about this case if I knew Magnolia MH had been processed by LE, inside and out, at the start. But I am not convinced it was.
And if there was no evidence at Green Lane, where is the evidence? There has to be something, somewhere. Was there evidence at Magnolia that is now gone for good?
Could be.

I used to have a theory about drug runners having been crossed by Ron and them coming to his MH that night to teach him a lesson. I dropped that recently because I think if that were the case, they would all be spilling it by now. JMO.

IMHO.. I suspect after the tragic incident occurred, the most important task that night for Ronald Cummings and his family was to provide an alibi for RonC, dispose of Haleigh's body and to set up the Croslins/Overstreet w/o them ever knowing they would be targeted as the ones responsible for Haleigh's disappearance...But I do understand your stance concerning the part I bolded. No doubt in my mind Ronald Cummings called his mother or his grandmother immediately and as I see it Ronald Cummings and his family knew he desperately needed an alibi and he had no other choice other than to get to work as soon as possible... The controller he is then had to direct orders to Misty and members of Misty's family who were called to the scene..
I also feel certain he was in constant contact with his mother and some other family members who were giving him advice on what needed to be done in order to cover his own rear, frame the Croslins, dispose of Haleigh and stage the scene to make it look like an abduction had occurred at Green Lane... JMHO

BBM...Dark Red

IMHO..Every residence of everyone who was related to Haleigh, Ronald Cummings and Misty should have been searched immediately, IF not sooner.. WHY that was not done, I don't know..But I feel certain the residence at 130 Magnolia was not searched immediately, and IF it has ever been searched it wasn't until over a year later.....JMHO

IMHO.. I suspect after the tragic incident occurred, the most important task that night for Ronald Cummings and his family was to provide an alibi for RonC, dispose of Haleigh's body and to set up the Croslins/Overstreet w/o them ever knowing they would be targeted as the ones responsible for Haleigh's disappearance...But I do understand your stance concerning the part I bolded. No doubt in my mind Ronald Cummings called his mother or his grandmother immediately and as I see it Ronald Cummings and his family knew he desperately needed an alibi and he had no other choice other than to get to work as soon as possible... The controller he is then had to direct orders to Misty and members of Misty's family who were called to the scene..
I also feel certain he was in constant contact with his mother and some other family members who were giving him advice on what needed to be done in order to cover his own rear, frame the Croslins, dispose of Haleigh and stage the scene to make it look like an abduction had occurred at Green Lane... JMHO

BBM: This is very likely the case, and the question being is it possible someone acted alone, I too have to say NO. Too many people acting weird, and Ron's constant "I was at work" defense...it's all just too hinky, IMO.

As for Misty, I am sure she shares the fault somehow. I do not think she was brought in from elsewhere totally innocent, told what to say and then proceeded to say it for nearly a year! I can see Misty falling for any pitch the Cummings' promised in the beginning but, as I see it, once Ron filed for divorce--a divorce that Misty did not want--I would think all the Cummings would be fearful she might talk IF she in fact had no active part in the crime (including the cover-up as part of the crime, of course).

And even if all Misty/TN/GMS did was hide evidence, they would be involved to the point of it not being something someone did alone.

.....Okay, Just a "whatif " . What if by some chance when TN called Misty to babysit and she had told her she was really tired and couldn't and TN's bf (can't think of his name ), although he has been way to quiet to me, heard the conversation and told TN that he would drive over to check on the kids until Misty got there and he could pay her and by some chance he was involved and TN trying to cover her man, just started throwing things out there . Ron wouldn't doubt his mommas word . In his eyes, IMO, what she says is gospel, so as trying to deflect the attention away from her family starts defending Misty, etc. I mean, having a 8 x 10 that fast in tow (strange ) . Also , I have seen her upset, but IMO , it wasn't raw and emotional as it was with Marie . If she would often look at Ron during the tapings, etc. , I think it was to make sure he was believing her. I could be so off base here its ridiculous, but just something I have been pondering for a few days . All just my opinion only .:waitasec:

.....Okay, Just a "whatif " . What if by some chance when TN called Misty to babysit and she had told her she was really tired and couldn't and TN's bf (can't think of his name ), although he has been way to quiet to me, heard the conversation and told TN that he would drive over to check on the kids until Misty got there and he could pay her and by some chance he was involved and TN trying to cover her man, just started throwing things out there . Ron wouldn't doubt his mommas word . In his eyes, IMO, what she says is gospel, so as trying to deflect the attention away from her family starts defending Misty, etc. I mean, having a 8 x 10 that fast in tow (strange ) . Also , I have seen her upset, but IMO , it wasn't raw and emotional as it was with Marie . If she would often look at Ron during the tapings, etc. , I think it was to make sure he was believing her. I could be so off base here its ridiculous, but just something I have been pondering for a few days . All just my opinion only .:waitasec:

That's entirely possible. What I see differently is Ron taking his mom's word as gospel--I do not see that at all. I actually have seen him correct her a few times and whenever that happens she quickly steps in pace with him, IMO.

I think Ron would lie to protect his mother; not sure he would lie for his mom's bf...and not sure Ron would lie to protect Misty, unless protecting Misty is tantamount to protecting himself and/or his clan.

You are right...we haven't seen anyone come forward with any information that he was elsewhere...

BUT...we don't have ALL the information..that the LE have...

There could have been statements given to LE...and those folks were told not to talk...

Plus the LE is only putting out the information..THEY WANT us to hear..
I have to say the LE is keeping it ...VERY...tight to the vest...

This case has taken a lot of twists and turns...MOO

That's true LE hasn't said much.
However they have stated Haleigh's parents are not suspects. They are the only two who LE has 'cleared' in this abduction.
Well them and the RSO's in the area.
That much has been shared with the public.

That's true LE hasn't said much.
However they have stated Haleigh's parents are not suspects. They are the only two who LE has 'cleared' in this abduction.
Well them and the RSO's in the area.
That much has been shared with the public.

That statement is inaccurate. The actual statement said POI.

"Everyone is considered a person of interest in Haleigh's disappearance except Crystal Sheffield and Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's parents," he added.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/24658375/detail.html

The only person that was cleared as a person of interest and suspect was Joe back in March 2009.

I've been working on a theory that Misty called Ron as soon as she found Haleigh missing, & he either sneaked out of work or got off early, & helped with the clean up, & then did the drive thing & the ciggy run, to establish his alibi. Why? because he had a lot of criminal stuff to cover, before he called 911. clean the house of drugs & guns, maybe stolen property, who knows. & yes, I do think Ron would be capable of this. If he did this, then there's something else he would need to cover. I do believe these people made a bad situation worse. I know a lady whose son's gf died of an OD, in their home & they cleaned that house, from 1 end to another...not because they didn't care about the girl, because they did. It's been 4 years, & they still grieve, & the son will never be the same. But, they did clean that house. That's what dealers do. & I don't think Misty would've dared calling the cops without Ron's help. on a side note...2 years after that OD, the mom found some meth, still stashed in a tree, & a purse filled with the girl's pills. & the cops, who turned that house upside down, just missed them.

ITA, dodie, that's what dealers do. I've known quite of few of them, myself. They clean....and if Ron was dealing in drugs, pills, marijuana, crack, or whatever, he would definitely need that house cleaned. And all of that would be handled before LE was called. Ron assisted in this cleaning, either physically or simply giving instructions on what needed to be disposed of and where to find it. Ron probably had instructions on where to put these drugs too.

Remember when Tommy got locked up in Aug.? The Mondex was searched....and marijuana plants were found. Tommy admitted that he went to the mh. Was Tommy there to remove marijuana plants from the mh? What a coincidence. In the Geraldo interview with Ron, he questioned Ron about marijuana plants being in his home. Was it true that drugs were found in the abandoned car found near the mh?

In the 911 call, there sounded like cabinets being closed in the background..maybe Ron was just making sure that all the drugs had been completely removed.

JMO of course

I agree & I think Tommy fed Misty the lies...starting with a stranger must've kidnapped her. I can't figure out why the not guilty don't rat out the guilty...unless that's what Ron is doing, right now.

I don't think that's what Ron is doing right now. You would have to ask yourself.."why would the not guilty WAIT SO LONG to rat out the guilty."

JMO

I've thought Misty was at fault from Day One. Her story just did not add up from the get-go, and I do not think she was being coached. I don't think she set out to hurt Haleigh, but I do believe she caused whatever happened, and then Tommy was called in to help her cover it up. I don't know if she was resentful of being "dragged in" to babysit and let her anger rule or if she gave Haleigh "something" to keep her asleep while Misty went out and partied or what, but I've always felt the girl had more lie-ability and street smarts than a lot of folks give her credit for. She is not the innocent, easily-manipulated young girl that many think. She's had to grow up fast in a den of liars. Lying and covering up are second nature to that family, and by now she at least has an associates degree in it.

BBM

I absolutely agree. Misty is not has innocent as some may think. I grew up around girls like Misty and let me you, some of them are as criminal minded as the guys. And part of that is because they sometimes had to do illegal things to survive out on the streets. They learned at a very young age to fend for themselves and to survive the best way they can, no matter what it took. We would sometimes try to chastise the girls about the things that they did and my all time favorite line was "I gotta eat."

Misty, no doubt had street smarts, if nothing else. IMO, that's the part of Misty that Ron fell in love with.....someone to ride or die for him, so to speak...a bonnie and clyde type relationship....sex and babysitting was just icing on the cake. And whether Misty was there when Haleigh died or not, she knows what happened to Haleigh.....and she continued to show Ron her devotion to him. I wouldn't be surprised if the marriage was something that they both decided to do, as a strategy of some sort.

However, I think that lying and covering up is also second nature to the Cummings. And if Misty has already earned at least an Associates Degree in that area, he77, Ron should be on his Master's degree.

JMO of course

I agree, debs. I don't know who called who but I do believe that Teresa and Ron were in contact that evening. IMO, the contact started between Ron and Teresa......Teresa then called GMSykes.

I have always thought about Teresa's boyfriend. What if Teresa was the one to feed Ron the information about what happened to Haleigh...and not Misty? Maybe that's why she had the need to try and control the situation? I always thought that if Misty and Ron did not harm Haleigh, then something happened to Haleigh on Teresa's watch. What if Teresa told Ron that while she was watching Haleigh, she got into some of Ron's drugs? Teresa just inserted herself way too much for my liking. It just didn't seem right, KWIM?

I have always thought about Teresa's boyfriend. What if Teresa was the one to feed Ron the information about what happened to Haleigh...and not Misty? Maybe that's why she had the need to try and control the situation? I always thought that if Misty and Ron did not harm Haleigh, then something happened to Haleigh on Teresa's watch. What if Teresa told Ron that while she was watching Haleigh, she got into some of Ron's drugs? Teresa just inserted herself way too much for my liking. It just didn't seem right, KWIM?

Yes, yes, yes . Thats what I have been thinking. Either TN or her BF had something to do with it . Her grief does not seem that sincere IMO, but I could be wrong. Who am I to judge? I won't, I'm just trying to feel out all the possibilities and after going back over alot of things, this is what was nagging me .

i said rc because statistics have proven someone with a temper and alot of rage can act alone..

I picked Tommy, because he claimed to have gone to the trailer and no one was home, he knows lots of facts, lived within walking distance, has criminal behavior, was said to have "messed" with Misty when at least age 12, Misty implicated him but wasn't sure, Misty thinks it may have been sexually related, he had a red truck, was on drugs, was said to have wandered at night, and has no reason to cover for anyone at all since he had so much to lose. Any cleaning or covering up of drugs and guns could have been done by others after discovering Haleigh dead or missing. On the other hand, others had no reason to help clean or cover anything up either unless they were convinced and are so afraid that they'll all be charged with first degree murder now. Maybe no one cleaned or covered up anything other than removing a few drugs and paraphernalia.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne
Back