Is it possible that someone acted alone? *Poll added*

If someone acted alone, who was the most likely in your opinion?

• Misty

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Ron

Votes: 39 43.3%
  • Tommy

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Joe

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Timmy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snodgrass

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • A stranger

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Teresa

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • One person but unsure which one.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Sapp

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
I picked Tommy, because he claimed to have gone to the trailer and no one was home, he knows lots of facts, lived within walking distance, has criminal behavior, was said to have "messed" with Misty when at least age 12, Misty implicated him but wasn't sure, Misty thinks it may have been sexually related, he had a red truck, was on drugs, was said to have wandered at night, and has no reason to cover for anyone at all since he had so much to lose. Any cleaning or covering up of drugs and guns could have been done by others after discovering Haleigh dead or missing. On the other hand, others had no reason to help clean or cover anything up either unless they were convinced and are so afraid that they'll all be charged with first degree murder now. Maybe no one cleaned or covered up anything other than removing a few drugs and paraphernalia.

You provide a lot of good backup to your theory.

I did not pick anyone because I do not believe anyone acted alone but if I were forced to choose just one I would pick Tommy, for the very reasons you have stated. I see Tommy as the only one who could have done something by himself and never breathed a word to anyone else. The suspicious behaviors of all the others could be chalked up to their having cleaned the home of drugs and guns, and their likely involvement in other activities they hoped to not have made public.

It's weird though...in a group effort Tommy would be my last choice of the three as perp, because I do not think the others would cover for Tommy for very long, not even Misty. But in a scenario with a single perp, Tommy would be my first pick.

Well, if she was "dragged" in to babysit, she was probably manipulated by someone. WHO in their right mind "drags" a girl like Misty in to take care of a special needs child and her little brother. Any of the possiblity for "draggers" in this scenario are all older and should have been the ones taking responsiblity for those two little kids. JMO, but anyone who would put those two little kids in Misty's care is certainly capable of doing something to Haleigh on their own out of their own anger, poor judgment, drug use or wrong associations. JMO

Someone who can't afford to miss work and is desperate to find someone to watch their kids.

JMO, but anyone who would put those two little kids in Misty's care is certainly capable of doing something to Haleigh on their own out of their own anger, poor judgment, drug use or wrong associations.

There's a big big stretch between having poor judgment when it comes to choosing child care providers and being capable of murdering your own child!

Yes, yes, yes . Thats what I have been thinking. Either TN or her BF had something to do with it . Her grief does not seem that sincere IMO, but I could be wrong. Who am I to judge? I won't, I'm just trying to feel out all the possibilities and after going back over alot of things, this is what was nagging me .

I still want to know what that bad check was written for...I don't know why I can't let that go. Have we ever heard anything from the boyfriend? I don't think I've ever seen him. You would think that in a situation like this, he would be there to comfort Teresa, you know, with her grandchild being missing. Were they not that close or did he have other reasons to stay away? It makes you wonder.

JMO of course

Someone who can't afford to miss work and is desperate to find someone to watch their kids.

There's a big big stretch between having poor judgment when it comes to choosing child care providers and being capable of murdering your own child!

True.

But homicide is not always murder.

Well, in the WHO part of my comment was meant to mean NO ONE in their right mind would hire a 17yr old like Misty. And that is regardless how desperate anyone is for a babysitter. That is especially true when there were relatives of the father who should have done anything but choose a sitter like Misty. And I mean that anyone who thinks she is suitable to be around their kids or grandkids is just as capable of getting angry over who knows what and do what Misty was being accused of and that was that she got mad because she was dragged into babysitting. I think when there is a grandmother who does the laundry bc she doesn't like stains on their clothes, she would be a little more picky about who they were around. There was every bit as much anger shown by more than one member of the Cummings clan as any that was shown by Misty. I think it is a stretch to assume she is the only one that would have gotten mad over anything Haleigh may have done that made them mad. Being desperate for a babysitter bc of work is no excuse for letting Misty take care of them. I have no doubt the whole family knew exactly what kind of things she was into. And your right, that is not poor judgment it goes beyond that. I think Misty fit right into the things that were going on in that family. The bottom line to me is there were enough people in the Cummings family who could have gotten mad for just as many reasons as Misty would have and done something in an angry action to Haleigh. JMO

I do not think Ronald Cummings is capable of murdering his own child, but I do see him as capable of reckless behavior and/or a fit of temper that resulted in his child's death. That, IMO, is not a stretch at all.

True.

But homicide is not always murder.

Le said homicide. And your right it does not mean murder and I hope in my initial comment I did not imply murder. I call using drugs as poor judgment. And associating with people who use drugs as poor judgment. I don't know anyone who would want to put their kids in that kind of care. So The Cummings knew what she was into. I certainly, with the Cummings and the anger they have shown do not see this as a stretch anymore than just assuming that Misty would just get mad and hurt Haleigh because she was "dragged" into babysitting. JMO

Le said homicide. And your right it does not mean murder and I hope in my initial comment I did not imply murder. I call using drugs as poor judgment. And associating with people who use drugs as poor judgment. I don't know anyone who would want to put their kids in that kind of care. So The Cummings knew what she was into. I certainly, with the Cummings and the anger they have shown do not see this as a stretch anymore than just assuming that Misty would just get mad and hurt Haleigh because she was "dragged" into babysitting. JMO

No, you didn't imply that. I was responding to the post that said it is a stretch to assume Ron capable of murdering his child just because he exercised poor judgment in caretakers.

That statement is inaccurate. The actual statement said POI.

"Everyone is considered a person of interest in Haleigh's disappearance except Crystal Sheffield and Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's parents," he added.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/24658375/detail.html

The only person that was cleared as a person of interest and suspect was Joe back in March 2009.

My comment here is not to dispute what you are saying...but may I add...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone is considered a person of interest in Haleigh's disappearance except Crystal Sheffield and Ronald Cummings, Haleigh's parents....

ADDING.............AND THIS MAY CHANGE...AS THE EVIDENCE CHANGES....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

MOO

No, you didn't imply that. I was responding to the post that said it is a stretch to assume Ron capable of murdering his child just because he exercised poor judgment in caretakers.

Thanks, but that comment about poor judgment came from my post and I was just trying to make it a little more clear. Using poor judgment about a childcare provider sounds too legitimate for what Ron and family was doing by having Misty stay with them. I don't think I still made my point very clearly. JMO

well as everyone no,s ggms said mc acted older than any girl friend rc had ever had that she might be 17 but acts like a 30 year old..i think people need to step back and look at rcs record and the ex girl friends and what they where all into..i really dont think mcs the one that did anything to hc.all the girlfriends said rc abused them and he threw mc out to gain more control for her to come back.imo..everyone rc associated with was into drugs long before mc as well as himself..imo mc wasnt this person that just came into rcs life and made his life bad..he already had that kind of life long before just saying..

Well, if she was "dragged" in to babysit, she was probably manipulated by someone. WHO in their right mind "drags" a girl like Misty in to take care of a special needs child and her little brother. Any of the possiblity for "draggers" in this scenario are all older and should have been the ones taking responsiblity for those two little kids. JMO, but anyone who would put those two little kids in Misty's care is certainly capable of doing something to Haleigh on their own out of their own anger, poor judgment, drug use or wrong associations. JMO
An insecure man with a fatal attraction. A cruel, stupid man who became enraged and dumped his gf on the street, then was sickened to learn she had run right into the arms of another man. A man who on at least one other occasion used his little girl to coax the gf into into returning to their home.

You provide a lot of good backup to your theory.

I did not pick anyone because I do not believe anyone acted alone but if I were forced to choose just one I would pick Tommy, for the very reasons you have stated. I see Tommy as the only one who could have done something by himself and never breathed a word to anyone else. The suspicious behaviors of all the others could be chalked up to their having cleaned the home of drugs and guns, and their likely involvement in other activities they hoped to not have made public.

It's weird though...in a group effort Tommy would be my last choice of the three as perp, because I do not think the others would cover for Tommy for very long, not even Misty. But in a scenario with a single perp, Tommy would be my first pick.
It's funny how different our perception can be, and yet I know you and I agree on other aspects of this case. I don't see Tommy as a sexual predator. But if not that, why else would he have killed Haleigh? As for holding a secret, I still say he's the weakest link, and that's why LE went after him last fall over the old guy's gun. Misty and Ron both have a much higher sense of self-preservation than Tommy. IMO.

I've tried this many different ways. I can't say that it's IMPOSSIBLE for someone to have made Haleigh disappear on their own. However, all these needy people can't seem to go to the bathroom without having someone hold their hand.

Ron would NEED Teresa and Annette to help him. They, in turn, would work the magic to get Misty framed, and complacent all at the same time. what better way than to throw her the "love" she's always wanted, the acceptance into a family? Yeah.

Teresa couldn't have done it alone, because she would need help after-the-fact to set up the Croslins.

Annette couldn't have done it at all, I believe, but she sure as heck would stand up and help out someone she's related to, in a flash.

Any of the other Croslins, Tommy, Timmy, Joe, their spouses, their parents.....not a chance. They can't even care for themselves, and it's a sure bet they can't hide crimes. Look at their rap sheets. Yeesh.

Misty is the only person I can see acting alone. Her ability to turn on the "poor me" routine has served her well lo these 18 years on this earth. I think she could have left Haleigh and Jr alone, drugged and sleeping so she thinks, wandered off to a party, come back, and found Haleigh dead. She would have no problem hauling Haleigh out of the house and throwing her in a dumpster. I further think she'd have no problem, in those 3 days she wasn't in the limelight, following up and making sure Haleigh was gone forever. It doesn't take cunning or finesse. It just takes a belief that she can do it and pretend it never happened, which is basically what she's done for 19 months.

Her problem is that she has a big mouth. She has to make up stories, tie others into it, pretend to be a victim of some big bad cousin.

It's funny how different our perception can be, and yet I know you and I agree on other aspects of this case. I don't see Tommy as a sexual predator. But if not that, why else would he have killed Haleigh? As for holding a secret, I still say he's the weakest link, and that's why LE went after him last fall over the old guy's gun. Misty and Ron both have a much higher sense of self-preservation than Tommy. IMO.

Oh, I do not see Tommy as a sexual predator. He's a burglar; he goes into homes when they are unoccupied, and if he went to the MH and thought no one was home, he might have gone in to steal. But if the MH was in fact not unoccupied as he thought, maybe Haleigh woke up. He could have killed Haleigh accidentally while trying to silence her if she started crying or talking too loud or whatever.

I do not think this is what happened but in a scenario where one must pick one who acted alone, I cannot see Misty having accomplished this on her own, and I believe Ron would also have needed help. Basically, it is likely that Haleigh's death was caused by one person even if others were present at the time, and they all have something to hide so they all became involved in the cover-up.

To me, the cover-up is such an important aspect of this crime that it is impossible to separate the deed from the cover-up. So, I believe it to be a group effort...at least two people involved and likely more. JMO.

I have always thought someone acted alone. If another person was in the trailer they were either passed out or unable to see for whatever reason. Haleigh's brother saw something and that's the only witness.

The reason for my theory is that I do not believe this group could keep their mouths shut this long if more than one of the adults knew. I think there is one person who has told nothing.

Once in jail, if another adult knew I am just sure they would have told on the other party. Since the stories change constantly, I believe those that are incarcerated are giving their best theories and hoping one will be correct so their sentence can be reduced.

I do not see this clan as a very bright group; neither do I see them as a group who would be loyal to another member if it served their purposes. I gathered this opinion from the many interviews and media information.

As to why nobody told the truth that first night, I do believe they were scared that their drug habits/gun purchases had something to do with her disappearance and so they covered up as much of the evidence of their unsavory lifestyle as they could before the police arrived. Maybe the car at the dumpster was just dumping out all the trash they collected off the floors, countertops, etc. My opinion only, which may change but hasn't yet.

I've been giving this thread some thought, & the more I think about it, the more I believe just 1 person committed the murder. & the others were just covering their own criminal lifestyles. Because once I considered it, I don't think even the innocent would've cooperated. These people are just too all around bad. & after thinking about it, & picturing myself in that situation, I can see how the lies would spiral out of control. Nobody's ratting on anybody, except for Tommy & Misty on Joe, & hers is so half- hearted & unbuyable, that IMO, it doesn't count. If the Joe story isn't true, I have to wonder why Tommy hasn't recanted & told the truth, or explained that he lied, in an attempt to get out of jail. I'm guessing that he gave up some real information that led to some real evidence, so he has backed himself into a corner. If he is covering for Ron...well, I can't even picture that, but I can see him maybe covering for Misty. But she seems so out of the loop, that even that is hard to fathom. Would Misty cover for Ron? maybe. Would Ron cover for Misty? maybe. Would Ron cover for Tommy? doubtful. Would Misty cover for Tommy? probably. What makes me think Misty is innocent, is Ron staying with her & TN's & GGS's adoring attitude towards her. If they suspected that she had killed Haleigh, would they have opened their arms, & kept her in Jr's life? I wouldn't think so. So, no matter which way I look at this, I keep coming back to Tommy. I've read that some don't think he's a molester or a murderer...why not? I believe Misty's 'messing with her' claims, mainly because he & Lindsey barely blinked. Where was the outrage? the indignation? I would think a public claim like that, could get your family investigated by CPS, so it's something to take very seriously. Lindsey even stayed friends with Misty. What the heck? She should've been holding a grudge & whipping some tail... if it wasn't true...I even remember reading that Lindsey called Misty, 'fun loving'. (after the bust). Oh really? But, I have to wonder, what does a rapist look & act like? what about a murderer? So, regardless of our personal feelings on how a murderer looks & acts, 1 of them is a murderer, & Haleigh did die at 1 of their hands.

I haven't voted because at some point, I have [and at times, still do] suspected each one of your options. Honestly, I have to step away from this case for a few days at a time...because it can consume me to the bone if I think too much. Tonight- I'm leaning toward Tommy. I think Misty left the home- Ronald kept trying to call- couldn't get a hold of her- so he called Tommy to check on things. Tommy and A) Joe or B) Timmy see the kids alone....and for reasons I don't even want to think of right now hurt Haleigh. I don't think it was one person. IE: Misty & Ron, Tommy & Timmy, Tommy & Joe, Misty & Tommy/Timmy.... etc. My head hurts.

I haven't voted because at some point, I have [and at times, still do] suspected each one of your options. Honestly, I have to step away from this case for a few days at a time...because it can consume me to the bone if I think too much. Tonight- I'm leaning toward Tommy. I think Misty left the home- Ronald kept trying to call- couldn't get a hold of her- so he called Tommy to check on things. Tommy and A) Joe or B) Timmy see the kids alone....and for reasons I don't even want to think of right now hurt Haleigh. I don't think it was one person. IE: Misty & Ron, Tommy & Timmy, Tommy & Joe, Misty & Tommy/Timmy.... etc. My head hurts.

Hi Jetaime, Don't know IF you have been around lately to have read this, but AH revealed Ron called Tommy over at Tommy's parent's house that night, but he wasn't looking for Misty..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back