Is Oprah being unfair??

narlacat said:
Sounds like someone may be a little jealous :waitasec:
I like Oprah, at least she does something wth her 15 minutes besides indulge herself.

So I can't just dislike someone? I've got to be jealous in order to do that? Let's see . . . I don't like Saddam Hussein either. I must be jealous of him too. I've always wanted to grow up and live in a spider hole. That MUST be it. :rolleyes: By the way, Oprah's house is worth about $50 million. Nope, no indulgence there. LOL I've said before though and I'll say again, I TRULY admire how much money she donates to charities, especially those in Africa. Not many people can do what she does and just the fact that she does it is amazing.

IMO the only one who might have a legitimate beef is Ice Cube. If Oprah had Cedric and Eve on to promote Barbership, it makes no sense not to have the lead actor who I believe was also involved with producing the film.

As for Oprah, I truly believe Stedman is her beard and Gayle King is her lover/partner. A friend of mine works for a designer who is featured prominently on her show says this is common knowledge amongst Oprah's staff.

Masterj said:
I truly believe Stedman is her beard and Gayle King is her lover/partner.

It's funny you say that. My girlfriends and I were just talking about that a few weeks ago. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. :D

I have mixed feelings when it comes to Oprah. I agree that at times her show is a bit preachy. I don't like hearing about all the things I should be doing and am not. I have enough guilt without hearing it from others..But I do think she is bringing at lot of information to the forefront or at least to many who wouldn't know about it otherwise.
Infomation like about the effects of cardiac disease or diabetes do to ones body.. or her current crusade against pedophiles. I applaud her for putting her own money ( and yes she can afford it) and the power of her viewers behind these efforts to find these pedophiles that are on the run.
Those wanted posters are in every postoffice and on many websites yet these guys have never been caught. Oprach has coverage in her show and suddenly these guys are located. Some are in foreign countries.. don;t get me wrong some of these finds are due to the finder's fees. But the reality is this information gets out to millions of viewers that would never take notice otherwise.

Others in the industry recognize the power of being one the show or having your product mentioned on the show. Look at the book A Million Little Pieces. Until the truth came out that it was really loosely based on reality not a true story the author and publisher made millions in profit from his appearance.

I am not so certain that this is not in part the root of some of the issue with rap artists. This is a forum that they feel that they are missing out on.. its a vehicle to a greater audience and possibly millions in profit that they are missing out on in their minds.. there may be truth to that...

JMHO

Masterj said:
As for Oprah, I truly believe Stedman is her beard and Gayle King is her lover/partner. A friend of mine works for a designer who is featured prominently on her show says this is common knowledge amongst Oprah's staff.
I never thought of that but it would not surprise me...

ljwf22 said:
I think this guy is just whining to get some press.
That's what it sounds like to me. Reminds me of "I Love Lucy".
Ice Cube: Opraaaahhh--why can't I be on your show??? Waaaahhhhh

Jeana (DP) said:
So I can't just dislike someone? I've got to be jealous in order to do that? Let's see . . . I don't like Saddam Hussein either. I must be jealous of him too. I've always wanted to grow up and live in a spider hole. That MUST be it. :rolleyes: By the way, Oprah's house is worth about $50 million. Nope, no indulgence there. LOL I've said before though and I'll say again, I TRULY admire how much money she donates to charities, especially those in Africa. Not many people can do what she does and just the fact that she does it is amazing.

You didn't say you disliked her, you said you 'hated' her.

How can you 'hate' someone you don't even know??

Why do you 'hate' her?

<<As for Oprah, I truly believe Stedman is her beard and Gayle King is her lover/partner>>

That's what I have heard too.

I used to like Oprah a long time ago, like when she first started. But the past few years I only watch if someone is on that I like because she annoys me with her babbling like she is a shrink.....I really dont care for Phil either. But thats just my opinion, dont mean squat.....

opme said:
I have mixed feelings when it comes to Oprah. I agree that at times her show is a bit preachy. I don't like hearing about all the things I should be doing and am not. I have enough guilt without hearing it from others..But I do think she is bringing at lot of information to the forefront or at least to many who wouldn't know about it otherwise.
Infomation like about the effects of cardiac disease or diabetes do to ones body.. or her current crusade against pedophiles. I applaud her for putting her own money ( and yes she can afford it) and the power of her viewers behind these efforts to find these pedophiles that are on the run.
Those wanted posters are in every postoffice and on many websites yet these guys have never been caught. Oprach has coverage in her show and suddenly these guys are located. Some are in foreign countries.. don;t get me wrong some of these finds are due to the finder's fees. But the reality is this information gets out to millions of viewers that would never take notice otherwise.

Others in the industry recognize the power of being one the show or having your product mentioned on the show. Look at the book A Million Little Pieces. Until the truth came out that it was really loosely based on reality not a true story the author and publisher made millions in profit from his appearance.

I am not so certain that this is not in part the root of some of the issue with rap artists. This is a forum that they feel that they are missing out on.. its a vehicle to a greater audience and possibly millions in profit that they are missing out on in their minds.. there may be truth to that...

JMHO
I agree and think you've hit the nail on the head perfectly!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Oprah does a lot of good and gets child molesters off the street!!!
Rappers and their violent messages, anti-women, pro-drug, etc., need to be ignored, NOT given air time!!!

narlacat said:
You didn't say you disliked her, you said you 'hated' her.

How can you 'hate' someone you don't even know??

Why do you 'hate' her?

Oh, believe me. I hate her. When I can't even stomach a commercial she's in, I know it could be nothing else. She seems like a pretentious, snobby beyotch and frankly I can't wait until she goes away and just eats twinkies all day.

michelle said:
I used to like Oprah a long time ago, like when she first started. But the past few years I only watch if someone is on that I like because she annoys me with her babbling like she is a shrink.....I really dont care for Phil either. But thats just my opinion, dont mean squat.....

:clap: :clap: :clap:

:laugh:
Jeana (DP) said:
Oh, believe me. I hate her. When I can't even stomach a commercial she's in, I know it could be nothing else. She seems like a pretentious, snobby beyotch and frankly I can't wait until she goes away and just eats twinkies all day.
Jeana you are on a roll today girlfriend!!! LOL...

dont matter if you hate her or love her, it is HER show, and she shouldnt be obliged to have anyone on it.

when it is 'The Middle Of The Afternoon With Some Chickie' show, then things be different.

Jeana (DP) said:

I agree with you. I watched one time when Amber Frey was on. It was like a shark pulling away flesh. Amber was not equipped to handle this on many different levels. But, Oprah was. It was an unfair and attack mode.

I am glad we haven't heard much about Amber as she doesn't need to be on any circuit. I have no desire to ever watch Oprah again nor would I buy her magazine. Exploitation never resolves anything.

As an aside, there was a criminologist on CC's show who said to quit referring to Tiffany Souers murder as the bikini murder.Immediately, Lisa Bloom stopped. That is my stance too. Quit the exploitation, respect the victims, get the crime solved and get the education out there to prevent as many as possible.

Jules said:
It's funny you say that. My girlfriends and I were just talking about that a few weeks ago. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. :D
Gosh...it does me!!! :eek: Stedman said in an interview one time that he wanted to marry her. It was she that wouldn't marry him. I know they live together.

Jeana (DP) said:
I can't believe some people are so full of hate, so much so they hate people they don't even know and for no particular reason other than they think someone is a snob.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back