ISAAC - Information and Support for Gulf Coast Residents

Guess I picked a good week to go on vacation...lol Louisiana seems to be in the cross hairs. I think I'm actually just as nervous being away from home when a hurricane his..praying it weakens and is no big deal and everything is back to normal by the time we get home!

Posted using the tapatalk2 app...forgive any typos please :)

You picked a perfect week to be on vacation, rhapsdy. Hope you're having a good time. I know what you mean, though. Being away doesn't make the situation any less worrisome.

This picture was taken from someone in Florida it is an amazing photo of a shelf cloud:

A1PMgNjCAAAb_CV.jpg:large

They said that pic was a hoax.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

it is one dang good hoax! Off to bed, busy tomorrow...Bessie WTF having to work tomorrow? Your boss needs to be FIRED...lol unless you work ie police, fire, emergency, hospital then I understand that, but if it is something like sales, or office job...he is FIRED!

Isaac on Katrina track, evacuations ordered
Emergency declared in 3 states

Thousands in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama were being told early Monday to leave their Gulf Coast homes ahead of the arrival of Tropical Storm Isaac as forecasters warned it was gaining strength as it followed the same path Hurricane Katrina took seven years earlier.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Isaac-...dered/-/475880/16275914/-/vhyhfs/-/index.html

18fa4b50-54fd-a7d8.jpg

www.weather.com

Wow. Guess I need to start preparing.

They are saying Baton Rouge will be getting winds similar to what we had during Gustave and Andrew.

We had a lot of wind damage during those.

My thoughts and prayers are will all in the path of this storm.

Kimberlyd125, batten down the hatches and please be very careful of you don't leave! Been there, done that, haven't you? I have an extremely good friend in Baton Rouge who kept a hurricane diary and also fed the neighborhood having cooked all the meat out of his freezer.

*My brother has a camp on Lake Ponchartrain and lives not far from the camp. They are leaving their boat and bringing their 4 horses up this way. They left at 4am this morning because they wanted to move along and not have to move slowly in traffic with the horses. We are in north Louisiana and wiil be seeing an influx of people today and tonight. The hotels/motels will probably sell out like they did for Katrina.

It is just leaving here in South Florida. Lots of really strong storms within the storm, of course in the middle of the night last night. It is supposed to strengthen so y'all in its path stay safe.

It's so terrible for people that have pets to evacuate. I remember when I was younger and stayed with my aunt. She had 8 poodles, so every time we would have to evacuate it was a pain.

I have 3 big GSD's. It wouldn't be easy to find a motel that would take them.

Well, Southeast Florida here reporting in this morning. We are still having gusts continuously and under tornado and flash flood warnings. This area was part of the north east bands of the eye as it was forming and it was no joke. 65-70mph gusts that just kept coming....and still are strong. My brother who has been through many hurricanes said this was worse than Wilma. The national hurricane center showed very little impact happening here but the local weather did a great job covering it.

I urge anyone in New Orleans, Mobile, or coast who is sitting on the fence about leaving to lean to the side of caution, pack up and get out of the way if possible. Stay safe my friends!

Central Florida here :wave:

3.39" of rain here so far, schools are closed, 3-5" more rain expected.

Pool drain is open, & the hot tub drained.

But, at least we have power!

Alabama Governor Bentley has ordered a mandatory evacuation beginning at 8:00 Monday morning for Zones 1 and 2 in both Mobile and Baldwin Counties, Alabama. In Baldwin County, Alabama: Zones 1 and 2 include all areas south of U.S. Highway 98 and areas on the Eastern Shore of Mobile Bay that are South of Interstate 10 and west of U.S. Highway 98. Additionally, all people living in proximity to the Fish, Styx, Blackwater, and Perdido Rivers should evacuate. Also, all people living in manufactured homes, and those living in low-lying, flood-prone areas should evacuate.Shelters are OPENING at 4:00 p.m.

Live updates on TWC web site
http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricanes/isaac-coverage-updates-20120822

From the Plaquemines Parish, LA Emergency Management office: A Mandatory Evacuation was ordered Monday for occupants of Plaquemines Parish's east bank beginning at noon. A voluntary evacuation starting at noon on Monday, August 27, 2012 is being ordered for the lower end of Plaquemines Parish from Ironton to Venice. All schools in Plaquemines Parish are closed Monday, August 27th.

From the St. Charles Parish, LA Emergency Management Office: The St. Charles Parish Emergency Operations Center has called a mandatory evacuation for both East and West Bank residents.In addition, schools in St. Charles Parish have been cancelled for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Eric Fisher@EricFisherTWC
Pressure still dropping with #Isaac, down to 988mb with 8a EDT update. But winds not following suit yet. Should be #hurricane later today.

From the Walton County, FL Emergency Management Office: The Walton County
From the Walton County, Florida Emergency Management Office: Sheriff's Department has issued a mandatory evacuation effective 6 am Monday
morning for low lying areas, mobile and RV parks, and non-residents south of
Hwy 20. Walton County offices and schools will be closed Monday and Tuesday. The Red Cross shelter scheduled to open at 8 a.m. in Walton County is: Freeport High School 12615 U. S. Highway 331 Freeport, FL 32439.

Mike Bettes@TWCMikeBettes
Highest surge potential with #Isaac is Mississippi. Here's the surge forecast. tinyurl.com/8lbalbn fb.me/2gR4ArE6D

Also, at this link.....it list tons of roads closed in Florida. Live updates on this link from the weather people.

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hurricanes/isaac-coverage-updates-20120822

It's so terrible for people that have pets to evacuate. I remember when I was younger and stayed with my aunt. She had 8 poodles, so every time we would have to evacuate it was a pain.

I have 3 big GSD's. It wouldn't be easy to find a motel that would take them.

In my experience, hotels are really flexible with their "no pet" policies during evacuations. I remember one time we evacuated and the hotel had a no pets allowed sign on the front desk. And, everyone was hanging out in the lobby, several with their dogs.

I have a friend who takes care of horses. During Ivan she was helping her clients evacuate the horses. She had 2 with her herself and was taking them up someplace in MS and their truck broke down. The horses ended up staying 3-4 days tried to a tree in a Holiday Inn parking lot and they didn't even allow pets:)

Kimberlyd125, batten down the hatches and please be very careful of you don't leave! Been there, done that, haven't you? I have an extremely good friend in Baton Rouge who kept a hurricane diary and also fed the neighborhood having cooked all the meat out of his freezer.

*My brother has a camp on Lake Ponchartrain and lives not far from the camp. They are leaving their boat and bringing their 4 horses up this way. They left at 4am this morning because they wanted to move along and not have to move slowly in traffic with the horses. We are in north Louisiana and wiil be seeing an influx of people today and tonight. The hotels/motels will probably sell out like they did for Katrina.

We're 3 hours from the coast and I noticed much heavier traffic this morning in our area, several RV's, trailers loaded down, and horse trailers. Our churches and school gymnasiums will be open to house those who have evacuated. I remember Katrina all too well, every large parking lot in town was wall to wall with RV's, people opened up their homes and their pastures to perfect strangers, our churches and schools were full and over flowing and the gas lines were incredibly long. I looked at models of Katrina last night along with AVN loop of Isaac and it sure looked to me like Isaac was on the same track as Katrina was.

Isaac http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/carb/flash-avn.html

Katrina http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/2005/Katrina/gmex/flash-avn.html

Those that are staying, be careful of gator's when the flooding starts, they too will be out and about in odd places.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back