ISAAC - Information and Support for Gulf Coast Residents

And don't forget to check kennels where you are heading........would certainly make things easier.

at201209_model_zoom.gif

Zones 1 and 2 in Mobile and Baldwin County Alabama under mandatory evacuation

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...tions-outside-new-orleans-as-isaac-nears?lite

Mandatory evacuations outside New Orleans as Isaac nears

Updated at 11:15 a.m. ET: Residents in unprotected, low-lying areas outside New Orleans were evacuating Monday as Tropical Storm Isaac threatened to strengthen into a hurricane that could make landfall in or near Louisiana almost seven years to the day that Hurricane Katrina struck.

From Jindal:
Every storm is different.
Track has shifted slightly to West
20 parishes in warning.
Storm will have slow forward speed. Coast will see long periods of heavy wind/rain.
Slow speed could cause more damage. Inland parishes covered by tropical storm warning. They could see significant wind/rains.
Quite a bit of rain. Tropical storm winds for 20-36 hours.
Tidal surges 5-8 ft above normal in lake Pont.

From Jindal:
As much as 10-16" rain
Tornadoes Tues and Wednesday.
Grand Isle, Lafitte - Mandatory Evac.
St. John Low lying areas, Tangi Parish - will become mandatory later today.

(I missed a bunch of evac info - he talks SO FAST) :smile:

Today is the day for folks living in low areas to get out of harms way.

23 Parishes state of Emergency.

From Jindal:
Talking about shelters.

Not seeing a huge demand for shelters that are available.

More than enough shelter capacity.

Transportation help - call local EOC's

Today is the day to evacuate.

From Jindal:

Wildlife and Fisheries has vessels staging to be deployed as needed for search and rescue missions.
Staff is available.
Contacted 5 states (50 agents) can come to LA Wildlife and Fisheries to help if needed.

Postponing alligator season by 3 days.

Dept of Corrections: Inmate evac are underway.
1,100 out of N.O.L.A.
224 out of St. Charles
Dept of Corrections: helping with civilian and pet shelters

State Police air support monitoring evac routes.

Gov. of Miss. and Gov. of S.C. offered their assistance.
Gov. of FL also offered assistance.

Contra flow if needed could be activated today. They do not anticipate it being needed. But ready in case.

Jindal activated 4,126 LA Nat. Guardsman
300 bus drivers
helping with sheltering
921 security and command vehicles
74 boat
750,000 MREs
800,000 bottles of water
15,000 tarps

Ok, I gotta go.

Stay safe everybody.

I pray that everyone in the path of this storm survives!!!! You all are in my thoughts and prayers while the country awaits. Bless all of you!!!

Southeast Florida here....we are in our 13th hour of really bad weather, very strong wind gusts, rain, tornado watches, and flash flood warnings. Just posting this to let everyone know that if this is simply something that is barely making national weather news as a tiny part of Hurricane Isaac then God help those that it directly hits & if it picks up steam! Way worse here than expected or talked about on national news. :banghead:

Jindal is awesome when it comes to things like this.

I'm staying positive..........I think New Orleans will see damage but nothing like Katrina.

The last feeder ban is beating the pants off the east coast of florida, if you can get away from this thing DO It NOW, this is not fun and now everything is flooded out. We are 300 miles from teh storm.

It doesn't appear to be as strong as Katrina. And they did improve the levee system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back