Jail videos from 2/2/10 & 2/4/10 (Released 2/12) #2

I just wanted to comment on MC anger about her bond in her mind due to the disappearance of Haleigh. I am taken back by her anger! Like she is mad at the Haleigh situation instead of just owning up to her involvement with the pills. She is so ademate that the cases aren't connected but to me she connects them herself in talking about her bond amount. She is very defiant about it, and also she says that trafficking is only from state to state. Has anyone checked that out?

I need to check trafficking out but I think where Misty is getting confused is that it is a serious crime either way but, state to state it becomes a federal crime = more serious.

It is interesting that the catch-22 is sooo conflicting Misty, she gets it that info provided on HaLeigh could enable her to cut a deal but it sounds like she is trapped, i.e., better off on drugs charges.

I think she is angry because her options are not good, she either faces the drug charges with a minimum of 20+ years (unless she can win some youth deal) -- or she completely destroys things with Ron while maybe self-implicating herself in a worse crime, both in terms of charges but also her treatment in prison.

The options are not good and LE has her where they need her. Trapped.

The discussion on the tapes where Lisa and Hank Sr are talking about where they are staying. I'm not grasping what they are saying.. did they move to a halfway house?

I thought it was strange LaC would even mention the wedding dress. Of all the things they could have been talking about... I wonder if she was pressing MC buttons or WHAT. O/T Are there any pics of MC/RC new tattoos? J/W TIA.
Misty should be picking out a prom dress, not packing away her pre-divorce, pre-arrest wedding dress. How utterly depressing.

The discussion on the tapes where Lisa and Hank Sr are talking about where they are staying. I'm not grasping what they are saying.. did they move to a halfway house?

My understanding is it's a boarding house.. They are renting a room for $425.00 a month, and have kitchen priviledges..JMO

I don't think it is a halfway house, per say, just a very inexpensive accommodation with strict house rules - no drugs, alcohol or you will be evicted. I think when this was discussed on the video, Tommy just threw in his humorous personal observation that it sounds like a halfway house.

I just wanted to comment on MC anger about her bond in her mind due to the disappearance of Haleigh. I am taken back by her anger! Like she is mad at the Haleigh situation instead of just owning up to her involvement with the pills. She is so ademate that the cases aren't connected but to me she connects them herself in talking about her bond amount. She is very defiant about it, and also she says that trafficking is only from state to state. Has anyone checked that out?

She doesn't seem to know the definition of "trafficking" and also "co-defendants" from the way she talks. At one point she asked her father, "right?" It's really sad and frankly, I don't know why her attorney has not explained more of this to her. Sometimes you have to get down to their intellectual level to explain just what type of situation they are in. Her attorney should start with the snapping bonds for goodness sakes!

I need to check trafficking out but I think where Misty is getting confused is that it is a serious crime either way but, state to state it becomes a federal crime = more serious.

It is interesting that the catch-22 is sooo conflicting Misty, she gets it that info provided on HaLeigh could enable her to cut a deal but it sounds like she is trapped, i.e., better off on drugs charges.

I think she is angry because her options are not good, she either faces the drug charges with a minimum of 20+ years (unless she can win some youth deal) -- or she completely destroys things with Ron while maybe self-implicating herself in a worse crime, both in terms of charges but also her treatment in prison.

The options are not good and LE has her where they need her. Trapped.

A charge of trafficking is based on the amount (weight) of drugs. Though it does often involve crossing state (or country) borders it doesn't need to [to] make it "trafficking". I know we already know this but these people are all very ignorant. I'm at a loss as to why their lawyers or public defenders are not letting them know the seriousness of their charges. Trafficking is a very serious charge- we are in the middle of a "war on drugs", very often people who sell drugs (even just weed) spend more time in prison than child molesters do. They could spend the rest of their lives in prison- really, the rest of their lives!!

Yet here's Tommy's talking about getting out in 3 months.. And Donna? Talking to whoever on the phone saying "I gave those pills to Misty, I didn't sell them to her.. Misty sold the pills I GAVE to her". OMG, come on, Does this woman really think that giving someone drugs for free is any better than selling in the eyes of the law? Like she thinks admitting she gave them away will get her out of charges for trafficking.

They are screwed unless they start talking the truth, IMO.

I looked up Florida trafficking laws

(c)1. Any person who knowingly sells, purchases, manufactures, delivers, or brings into this state, or who is knowingly in actual or constructive possession of, 4 grams or more of any morphine, opium, oxycodone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, or any salt, derivative, isomer, or salt of an isomer thereof, including heroin, as described in s. 893.03(1)(b), (2)(a), (3)(c)3., or (3)(c)4., or 4 grams or more of any mixture containing any such substance, but less than 30 kilograms of such substance or mixture, commits a felony of the first degree, which felony shall be known as "trafficking in illegal drugs," punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. If the quantity involved:
a. Is 4 grams or more, but less than 14 grams, such person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of 3 years, and the defendant shall be ordered to pay a fine of $50,000.

b. Is 14 grams or more, but less than 28 grams, such person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of 15 years, and the defendant shall be ordered to pay a fine of $100,000.

c. Is 28 grams or more, but less than 30 kilograms, such person shall be sentenced to a mandatory minimum term of imprisonment of 25 calendar years and pay a fine of $500,000.

More @ link- http://www.thelawman.net/PracticeAreas/Florida-Drug-Trafficking-Statutes.asp

Go down to the second #3 and the info for opiates begins in section C. It goes into other quantitys and the punishment for those also.

I wonder when they will be releasing more tapes. The last were February 4th and this is February 17th. There must be slews and slews of tapes that we haven't seen. I hope that we will get all of RC's soon. We still haven't heard and are very curious about what he has to tell TN (other than I love you). LOL

If MC was under the influence would the LDT be accurate.. ?

ETA: I mean could they give her another LDT after she has been in jail and off all the drugs?
I don't know if it would do any good, but now that she is facing all this time, I can't help but wonder.

Bold is mine-
I think that's a very good question.

My understanding is it's a boarding house.. They are renting a room for $425.00 a month, and have kitchen priviledges..JMO

And I about spit out my coffee when he cautions Lisa to stay away from the other renters, as they are drug addicts, and thieves. He tells her "those people will steal from you". I think Lisa and Tommy are the ones that stole from a blind man and do drugs. Just goes to show you how they view the world in their eyes.

I wonder when they will be releasing more tapes. The last were February 4th and this is February 17th. There must be slews and slews of tapes that we haven't seen. I hope that we will get all of RC's soon. We still haven't heard and are very curious about what he has to tell TN (other than I love you). LOL

If their lawyers are half way decent they'd tell them no more visits!

It was kinda funny cuz they all said $425 is expensive. I'm like :waitasec:

She doesn't seem to know the definition of "trafficking" and also "co-defendants" from the way she talks. At one point she asked her father, "right?" It's really sad and frankly, I don't know why her attorney has not explained more of this to her. Sometimes you have to get down to their intellectual level to explain just what type of situation they are in. Her attorney should start with the snapping bonds for goodness sakes!

RFields really needs to put in writing and in simple language just what Misty's charges are, the legal terms ie traficking, co-defendant, how the bail system works, the jail time she might have to face, etc. Misty will not understand the details if he just rattles off (as is common with lawyers) the information. It also makes him look bad if he is her attorney and she is appearing on tape with loads of misinformation and asking stupid questions. If everything is put in writing, and full explained, Misty should be able to grasp the facts of her situation. It would also give Misty a chance to bone-up on her reading skills.

how about "You are staying in jail for a long time, little girl."

That might make it through.

If their lawyers are half way decent they'd tell them no more visits!

Yes!!! Under pressure.

They probably are desperate for visits to break the monotony and boredom but know that every visit is taped and parts are released. :banghead:

Talk about a pressure cooker sitting there for the whole visit and not enjoying it because you keep on saying stuff that you shouldn't.

:waitasec: And it is not so much the Florida Sunshine Laws, LE will still monitor and analyze anything that is said so, in many ways the media playing the tapes should clue them in more to be careful -- more so than than LE just listening in.

Yes!!! Under pressure.

They probably are desperate for visits to break the monotony and boredom but know that every visit is taped and parts are released. :banghead:

Talk about a pressure cooker sitting there for the whole visit and not enjoying it because you keep on saying stuff that you shouldn't.

:waitasec: And it is not so much the Florida Sunshine Laws, LE will still monitor and analyze anything that is said so, in many ways the media playing the tapes should clue them in more to be careful -- more so than than LE just listening in.

Do we even know if Tommy has a lawyer yet? He kept telling his family he didn't want a public defender, but I don't know if the guy he wanted to take the case did. At least Donna got herself declared indigent and has some sort of representation.

RFields really needs to put in writing and in simple language just what Misty's charges are, the legal terms ie traficking, co-defendant, how the bail system works, the jail time she might have to face, etc. Misty will not understand the details if he just rattles off (as is common with lawyers) the information. It also makes him look bad if he is her attorney and she is appearing on tape with loads of misinformation and asking stupid questions. If everything is put in writing, and full explained, Misty should be able to grasp the facts of her situation. It would also give Misty a chance to bone-up on her reading skills.

Misty's attorney may be.

I personally think we are seeing Misty at the stage she is freaking out (at times), grasping at straws, hoping for the best, frustrated, confused, cannot believe, etc. --- i.e., bouncing around the 7 stages of grief.

Misty's attorney may be.

I personally think we are seeing Misty at the stage she is freaking out (at times), grasping at straws, hoping for the best, frustrated, confused, cannot believe, etc. --- i.e., bouncing around the 7 stages of grief.

(there are only 5, according to Kubler-Ross, but in Misty's instance, I'm sure at least 2 more needed to be added)

What is wrong with this family? Misty is constantly telling her family you need to go to news media, I'm going to sue for this and that or go on tv and tell how I am treated, does she think she is in a motel. This is jail this is how jail works.
Also her dad talking about Doctors fault for giving pills, doctors don't make you take them. they all had a choice, just made the wrong choice.
JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316