James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

Wow, lots of reaction -- even international:

[SIZE=+1]Yahoo! Alerts[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]Yahoo! News - My Alerts - Edit Alert [/SIZE] [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]
Thursday, July 19, 2012 8:06 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Investigator hoping for JonBenet murder arrest
9 News Denver [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:33 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he is still hoping the case will be solved. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Investigator holding out hope for JonBenet arrest
Provo Daily Herald [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 07:24 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he's still hoping the case will be solved. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Hometownstations.com-WLIO- Lima, OH News Weather SportsInvestigator holding out hope for JonBenet arrest
Your Hometown Lima Stations [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:44 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he's still hoping the case will be solved. James Kolar has written a book saying evidence raises questions an intruder was responsible. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Former lead investigator still hoping JonBenet murder case will be solved
Brandon Sun [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:44 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
BOULDER, Colo. - A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he's still hoping the case will be solved. James Kolar has written a book saying evidence raises questions an intruder was responsible. According to the Boulder Daily Camera [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]JonBenet Ramsey murder: New clues revealed by former detective could shed new light in case
Daily Mail [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:23 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
A former detective on the famous cold case writes in a new book that a cobweb and a child's toy could hold the answers to the 1996 murder of six-year-old JonBenet Ramsey. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Investigator still hoping for JonBenet murder arrest
The Daily Sentinel [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Thu, 19 Jul 2012 06:04 AM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
BOULDER — A former district attorney lead investigator on the JonBenet Ramsey murder case says he is still hoping the case will be solved. James Kolar has written a book saying evidence raises questions an intruder was responsible. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Former Boulder DA investigator writes JonBenet Ramsey book
Boulder Daily Camera [FONT=verdana,sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Wed, 18 Jul 2012 20:41 PM PDT[/SIZE][/FONT]
It's been almost 16 years since JonBenet Ramsey was found dead in her family's Boulder basement. Now, James Kolar, a former lead investigator on the Ramsey case for the Boulder County District Attorney's Office, has written a book questioning the theory that an intruder was responsible for the 6-year-old's murder. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

If you do a search for Google News, you'll see that 110 media outlets have picked up the story. It's mostly print media right now, and hopefully the national TV outlets will follow. BTW, it was 88 media outlets about two hours ago, so the number keeps increasing.

Since it's a cold case, can BPD release the pictures from the Whites' party? Thanks!

No, because technically it is still being investigated even though it's "cold."

OK, then. I would like to hear Mr. Kolar explain how a small 9 year old boy managed to strike a blow to JonBenet's head which resulted in the long scull fracture. The blow was struck with enormous force. I am very familiar with head trauma, and I have never known of a case where a child was able to deliver what would have been a killing blow to another child with a fully formed and closed skull ( not an infant, in other words).

I remain convinced that an adult was responsible for the head injury.
I do not believe any adult assisted a 9 year old child in the murder of a 6 year old!

Likewise, Burke was not legally culpable. If there was some sort of bizarre death, why would innocent parents cover for him to the point of writing the " War and Peace" of fake ransom notes?

An adult killed JonBenet, IMO, based upon the known case facts!!
Burke may have been a weird kid. I heard many anecdotes which pointed to an aloof, possibly troubled child from mothers of his school mates in Marietta. However, being weird or troubled doesn't make him a killer.

IMO, the ENTIRE Paugh family is weirder than weird. That doesn't make them suspects or killers!! Although I strongly suspect Patsy Paugh Ramsey did kill her own daughter.

Just because you are not aware of a small child killing another one with a long skull fracture, doesn't mean it's true. He could have shoved her with enough force, if he were angry enough for her to crack her head that bad.

Just because you are not aware of a small child killing another one with a long skull fracture, doesn't mean it's true. He could have shoved her with enough force, if he were angry enough for her to crack her head that bad.

Am I assuming correctly that we dont know for sure how her head got cracked? Holy cow, there's so much info out there I kinda get confused sometimes.

Something did pop in my head while reading here yesterday. I'm sure there is nothing to it but after looking at the basement pics and video I wondered if someone could have carried JB into the wine cellar (perhaps the way John carried her upstairs when found - his arms straight out under her armpits IIRC) then slammed her down on the basement floor? I believe her arms were over her head when found and it struck me that someone could have forcefully threw her on the basement floor, arms ending up over her head, and the huge crack in her skull. JMO of course.

SeekingJana, I wouldn't think of trying to convince you change your mind -- I can see you have it made up about that issue. I understand. But at least think about this:

Have you ever seen a child hit, strike, push, bite, or even kick another child out of anger, or as a quick reaction to something said or done? And in that state of anger, can you imagine that if they had an object in their hand at the time, do you doubt that they might use that object in their anger and with a child's lack of judgment of the possible future repercussions?

If it happened (and it does) that wouldn't necessarily mean that the child was a monster, or that he/she was evil.

I'm not saying that that has to be what happened, but can you really say that it didn't and not even consider it? That just could be why the "killer" has never been identified. Maybe there was no murder that ever happened there. Maybe everyone was looking for a monster that never existed.

Just sayin'.

A person with medical knowledge and experience reading the autopsy report regarding the skull fracture most likely has a clear picture that the fracture in the skull was produced by an object of some sort, swung with great force and violence.
Many people other than myself have concluded that the head injury was the result of an object contacting the head with extreme force- more force than a 9 year old would have when swinging an object.
INo one knows for certain, but I am using medical knowledge of the injury as detailed in the official autopsy report and the opionons of experts whoo have analyzed the Autopsy Report as well.

My mind's not " made up" about too many things in this case. I have opinions like everyone else, that's all. :)

<modsnip>

OK, then. I would like to hear Mr. Kolar explain how a small 9 year old boy managed to strike a blow to JonBenet's head which resulted in the long scull fracture. The blow was struck with enormous force. I am very familiar with head trauma, and I have never known of a case where a child was able to deliver what would have been a killing blow to another child with a fully formed and closed skull ( not an infant, in other words).

I remain convinced that an adult was responsible for the head injury.
I do not believe any adult assisted a 9 year old child in the murder of a 6 year old!

Likewise, Burke was not legally culpable. If there was some sort of bizarre death, why would innocent parents cover for him to the point of writing the " War and Peace" of fake ransom notes?

An adult killed JonBenet, IMO, based upon the known case facts!!
Burke may have been a weird kid. I heard many anecdotes which pointed to an aloof, possibly troubled child from mothers of his school mates in Marietta. However, being weird or troubled doesn't make him a killer.

IMO, the ENTIRE Paugh family is weirder than weird. That doesn't make them suspects or killers!! Although I strongly suspect Patsy Paugh Ramsey did kill her own daughter.

That's how I see it as well. I'm going to buy the book because I think the review of the evidence will be worthwhile. I want to see what he has to say about Burke.

A person with medical knowledge and experience reading the autopsy report regarding the skull fracture most likely has a clear picture that the fracture in the skull was produced by an object of some sort, swung with great force and violence.
Many people other than myself have concluded that the head injury was the result of an object contacting the head with extreme force- more force than a 9 year old would have when swinging an object.
INo one knows for certain, but I am using medical knowledge of the injury as detailed in the official autopsy report and the opionons of experts whoo have analyzed the Autopsy Report as well.

My mind's not " made up" about too many things in this case. I have opinions like everyone else, that's all. :)

<modsnip>

I am truly sorry if you won&#8217;t be posting again, SeekingJana, and shame whoever it was that sent you a letter so nasty that you would call them unbalanced. Perhaps instead of leaving, you should forward the message to Tricia, if it was truly that bad.

I know I am in the minority here in my conclusions, and I know that even discussion of the subject repulses some on here. I&#8217;ve lost friends over it right here on this forum. Perhaps now Olivia&Eve can understand the reason for tiptoes ([ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8164906&postcount=82"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8164906&postcount=82[/ame]) But like it or not, the possibility exists and until I&#8217;m told that it cannot even be discussed, I will continue to point out the possibility.

As for the amount of force that would be required to cause the damage seen in the autopsy photos, I&#8217;ll only say this for you to at least think about: Have you ever seen the amount of damage that can be done when a long object is swung? I know you suggested (as have others) a flashlight. But until I hear otherwise, I still consider that a golf putter or a bat might have been used. Regardless of the age or how frail the person may be, I still would not want to be on the receiving end of a blow from one of them.

Again, I hope you don't leave. Peace out and come back.

I know nothing about 'boy stuff'. (I come from a large family of primarily girls and I have 3 girls and a grand daughter.)

Could a piece of a train track be wired up to the exposed hot wire in the closet and then be used to electricute/torture Jon Benet?

jbrhotwire.jpg

Actually, I suppose whoever did it could have just used a regular outlet rather than the hassle of hooking up to the wire.

At the very beginning of the video, is that a Cabbage Patch doll lying next to or close to the suitcase? I see it once, then the camera never goes back to it. Not sure that it matters... Who knows?

I guess a 9 year old would learn how to make a complex garotte too in his boyscout classes.

SeekingJana, I wouldn't think of trying to convince you change your mind -- I can see you have it made up about that issue. I understand. But at least think about this:

Have you ever seen a child hit, strike, push, bite, or even kick another child out of anger, or as a quick reaction to something said or done? And in that state of anger, can you imagine that if they had an object in their hand at the time, do you doubt that they might use that object in their anger and with a child's lack of judgment of the possible future repercussions?

If it happened (and it does) that wouldn't necessarily mean that the child was a monster, or that he/she was evil.

I'm not saying that that has to be what happened, but can you really say that it didn't and not even consider it? That just could be why the "killer" has never been identified. Maybe there was no murder that ever happened there. Maybe everyone was looking for a monster that never existed.

Just sayin'.

Exactly.

I guess a 9 year old would learn how to make a complex garotte too in his boyscout classes.

It wasn't a complex garotte
And it really wasn't a garotte.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Here is a better overview:

6 unique and unidentified genetic profiles – 5 males and one female.
DNA from fingernails belonging to JonBenet
Left fingernails – unidentified male #1
Right fingernails – unidentified male #2 and female (JonBenet could not be excluded as a contributor)
Waistband, seams, and crotch of panties (Distal Stain 007-2) CODIS - unidentified male #3
TDNA waistband of leggings matching DS 007-2 male #3
TDNA on wrist bindings – male #4
TDNA garrote – male #5

ETA: The highest quality DNA at 10 markers is Distal Stain 007-2
All other DNA is weaker

So it was an intruder! Or, more precisely, 6 intruders. I guess that could constitute a small foreign faction - LOL.

Good Lord, seriously?? They teach garotte making in the boy scouts? Do they have another use besides killing people?

It wasn't a complex garotte
And it really wasn't a garotte.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Great minds think alike - Didn't mean to repeat your response...

but for some people, i guess it bears repeating anyway...

because some red herrings seem to be persisting, don't they?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back