James Kolar's New Book Will Blow the Lid off the JonBenet Ramsey Investigation

Not a complex garotte.

That was a red herring.

Have you heard Mr. Kolar's version of the Garotte? I was under the impression he hurt some RDI feelings about that last night. Maybe Cynic can chime in on it.

Even this IDI bought the book. I hate it, but I did it. :maddening:

Have you heard Mr. Kolar's version of the Garotte? I was under the impression he hurt some RDI feelings about that last night. Maybe Cynic can chime in on it.

No.....I didn't hear the radio show....
I suppose that means he said it was a complex garrotte or something to that effect...? I'll have to listen if I can go back and listen to it, if possible, or get a transcript or whatever, to know what he said.

Don't know if Tricia keeps the recordings of the shows and I can go back and listen to them like a podcast...

But, without having listened, if it was about the word being a 'garrotte', doesn't matter - that's a 'word'. If it was a description by him about the knots being complex - we've also speculated about this before as well, that even so, a Ramsey still could have made it: Patsy knew macrame and knots, John knew military and sailing knots, and Burke knew knots and made items and boats and stuff out of ropes...

So, even though you were being facetious about Burke learning how to make 'complex garrottes' in the Scouts, he still could have learned how to make survival items with knots and shapes with ropes, which he was known to do.... including whittling sticks around the house as well.... so in fact, to answer your facetious question, the answer is yes but not to the smit-generated-red-herring-complex-garrotte-making-only-for-killing-inference that you are making....

Just like when you go back and reiterate things that have already been proven not accurate anymore.... like Mark B. and Stan G. unexonerating the Ramseys....

Anyone here know much about electric train tracks? Different gauges, how the ends are put together, etc.

Certainly I'm not expert, but I've had electric trains (still have one somewhere, not set up though)

If your thought is that the ends of the tracks might match the fictitious stun gun marks, the answer would be no.

If I recall correctly, the marks on JB are about 2.9cm apart. An air taser stun gun has prongs 3.4 cm apart.

The closest track gauge to these marks would be O gauge which would be 3.175 cm from inside edge to inside edge of the rails. Too big to match the marks on the body. The next smallest gauge would be S which would be 2.24cm, so too small. Or maybe this isn't what you were getting at?

The ends are typically put together just by sliding them together. One end is male, the other end female.

Model trains run off transformers. The transformer converts 110v AC to a much smaller voltage, typically 20v or less. (For comparison the transformer for your door bell on your house converts 110v to 24v) The transformer also may convert from AC to DC. Small guages are more likely to run on DC than the larger gauges.

No.....I didn't hear the radio show....
I suppose that means he said it was a complex garrotte or something to that effect...? I'll have to listen if I can go back and listen to it, if possible, or get a transcript or whatever, to know what he said.

Don't know if Tricia keeps the recordings of the shows and I can go back and listen to them like a podcast...

But, without having listened, if it was about the word being a 'garrotte', doesn't matter - that's a 'word'. If it was a description by him about the knots being complex - we've also speculated about this before as well, that even so, a Ramsey still could have made it: Patsy knew macrame and knots, John knew military and sailing knots, and Burke knew knots and made items and boats and stuff out of ropes...

So, even though you were being facetious about Burke learning how to make 'complex garrottes' in the Scouts, he still could have learned how to make survival items with knots and shapes with ropes, which he was known to do.... including whittling sticks around the house as well.... so in fact, to answer your facetious question, the answer is yes but not to the smit-generated-red-herring-complex-garrotte-making-only-for-killing-inference that you are making....

Just like when you go back and reiterate things that have already been proven not accurate anymore.... like Mark B. and Stan G. unexonerating the Ramseys....

I see. I also guess you didn't hear Mr. Kolar also say he would not use the term unexonerated when explaining his interpretation of Stan Garnett's news conference. And as far as the Garrotte, maybe my term of Complex is a little off. The term "very effective" may be more precise.

My 10 yr old daughter who was very small for her age was able to break my 4 yrs olds collar bone in one fell swoop of her hand karate chop style...in a little fit of anger so I imagine anything is possible with siblings etc.

Certainly I'm not expert, but I've had electric trains (still have one somewhere, not set up though)

If your thought is that the ends of the tracks might match the fictitious stun gun marks, the answer would be no.

If I recall correctly, the marks on JB are about 2.9cm apart. An air taser stun gun has prongs 3.4 cm apart.

The closest track gauge to these marks would be O gauge which would be 3.175 cm from inside edge to inside edge of the rails. Too big to match the marks on the body. The next smallest gauge would be S which would be 2.24cm, so too small. Or maybe this isn't what you were getting at?

The ends are typically put together just by sliding them together. One end is male, the other end female.

Model trains run off transformers. The transformer converts 110v AC to a much smaller voltage, typically 20v or less. (For comparison the transformer for your door bell on your house converts 110v to 24v) The transformer also may convert from AC to DC. Small guages are more likely to run on DC than the larger gauges.

Wow, you really do know about them. I suppose we'll all be needing to learn about them now.

I had a friend years ago who was really into them. He took up the entirety of a bedroom in a two bedroom house with plywood on sawhorses so he could build a miniature city on it and lay train tracks all over. This, while his two kids had to sleep on a mattress lying on the floor in his living room because of his trains. He tried to get me interested and told me all about the different gauges and stuff, but I just didn't see the interest for a grown man.

Anyway... Do all types of tracks have a male and a female on each end? Seems like I remember from childhood cheaper models that had both male connections on one end and the female on the opposite.

About the electricity, I don't think it's enough to cause burn marks even if held for in one place for an extended length of time. Unless you know something else on a train set that could cause the marks, I'm at a loss on how Kolar could attribute them to this. :waitasec:

Wow, you really do know about them. I suppose we'll all be needing to learn about them now.

I had a friend years ago who was really into them. He took up the entirety of a bedroom in a two bedroom house with plywood on sawhorses so he could build a miniature city on it and lay train tracks all over. This, while his two kids had to sleep on a mattress lying on the floor in his living room because of his trains. He tried to get me interested and told me all about the different gauges and stuff, but I just didn't see the interest for a grown man.

Anyway... Do all types of tracks have a male and a female on each end? Seems like I remember from childhood cheaper models that had both male connections on one end and the female on the opposite.

About the electricity, I don't think it's enough to cause burn marks even if held for in one place for an extended length of time. Unless you know something else on a train set that could cause the marks, I'm at a loss on how Kolar could attribute them to this. :waitasec:

I missed the part of the show where Kolar talked about this. I'll have to go back and listen.

I guess I wasn't articulate enough when talking about the tracks - they are male on one end, female on the other. I'm not aware of other kinds.

I'm not really very knowledgeable - just quickly looked up the gauge sizes in MM then converted to CM.

Perhaps the distance between the rails doesn't have to be exactly 2.9cm (the distance between the dots on the body- if my facts are correct) because skin can be pulled and pinched so that two points are closer together. Still, I think it's a shaky theory if the sizing is off.

Not sure how the low voltage would effect the skin - never tried touching the ends of the track with the power on. But off hand, it doesn't seem the voltage would make those kinds of marks. '

Another problem is that the juice won't flow if there is not a circuit. As I recall from childhood if one section of track comes apart, the train stops running. The track is the electrical circuit. To touch JB's skin with a section of track, that is energized, the opposite end would have to be bridged to complete the circuit. Not hard to do really, but I'd have a hard time believing a 9 year old boy did that. Not that it's hard to figure out, and just a piece of wire would do the trick. JB's body would complete the circuit at the other end - the end that touches her. Then of course we are back to the voltage problem.

I missed the part of the show where Kolar talked about this. I'll have to go back and listen.

He didn't. It was mentioned that he thought a toy in the basement might have caused the marks on her back, and I saw the scattered and strewn parts in the video.

I guess I wasn't articulate enough when talking about the tracks - they are male on one end, female on the other. I'm not aware of other kinds.
LNL612014.jpg

(But I see there are the other type as well.):

ori_425_34335_lionel_train_o_gauge_curved_track_952.jpg

I'm not really very knowledgeable - just quickly looked up the gauge sizes in MM then converted to CM.

No, I can't see the voltage causing those marks.
Me either. I must be missing something or I've assumed too much.

He didn't. It was mentioned that he thought a toy in the basement might have caused the marks on her back, and I saw the scattered and strewn parts in the video.

LNL612014.jpg

(But I see there are the other type as well.):

ori_425_34335_lionel_train_o_gauge_curved_track_952.jpg

Me either. I must be missing something or I've assumed too much.

Maybe he was talking about a different toy?

I see. I also guess you didn't hear Mr. Kolar also say he would not use the term unexonerated when explaining his interpretation of Stan Garnett's news conference. And as far as the Garrotte, maybe my term of Complex is a little off. The term "very effective" may be more precise.

Ok Roy; I will not presume to interpret Mr. Kolar's words until I hear the interview and read the book myself.

So, until I do so, I cannot put what he says into the proper context.

If he said those things, then he said those things.

From what I've read here though, he didn't, and/or couldn't, name someone by name as the specific guilty party, and he still feels it's a Ramsey - whether he thinks it was a complex garrotte or not, and whether he thinks technically Stan Garnett 'unexonerated' the Ramseys... no?

Then why the hard sell? This thread wreaks of shameless book promotion...

You mistake passion for promotion. Finally we have the truth.

If you would have been with us through the years of balony we have had to deal with you would understand the excitement and relief many of us feel to finally have a book like this

But aren't all the great criminal investigators obsessed with solving the crimes they investigate, especially one that's anything like JB's ? This is a rather strange statement coming from a DA, imo.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/18/new-clues-in-jonbenet-ramsey-murder.html
In an interview, Lacy says she remembered the presentation. "Several of us watched [it] and we just rolled our eyes,” she says. “This was a person who had gotten to the point that he was obsessed."

Ok Roy; I will not presume to interpret Mr. Kolar's words until I hear the interview and read the book myself.

So, until I do so, I cannot put what he says into the proper context.

If he said those things, then he said those things.

From what I've read here though, he didn't, and/or couldn't, name someone by name as the specific guilty party, and he still feels it's a Ramsey - whether he thinks it was a complex garrotte or not, and whether he thinks technically Stan Garnett 'unexonerated' the Ramseys... no?

Well hey you kind of attacked me on that front so I am respectfully defending myself. This whole book being marketed as "Bombshell" and "the Truth" has lots of information that debunks some RDI theories. Now I am not saying it is true but if you take him at his word, it does. And it does even when Mr. Kolar was pushed by RDI's on the radio show. IDI doesn't sell, RDI does. I give him credit he didn't bite too much even though he is RDI.

Lots of RDI's reevaluating today, trust me on that. I totally disagree with Ms. Tricia on her stance on this case. But let me say, I commend her on what she has done and to provide the stage to keep this whole case in the media. I want to criticize and hug her at the same time. I hope she can respect that. This is about the truth and justice for JBR.

I hope James Kolar will be making some appearances to talk about his book, because that will definitely help increase the media exposure.

Too bad some people say they refuse to buy it. Guess they don't want to hear the truth.

Well hey you kind of attacked me on that front so I am respectfully defending myself. This whole book being marketed as "Bombshell" and "the Truth" has lots of information that debunks some RDI theories. Now I am not saying it is true but if you take him at his word, it does. And it does even when Mr. Kolar was pushed by RDI's on the radio show. IDI doesn't sell, RDI does. I give him credit he didn't bite too much even though he is RDI.

Lots of RDI's reevaluating today, trust me on that. I totally disagree with Ms. Tricia on her stance on this case. But let me say, I commend her on what she has done and to provide the stage to keep this whole case in the media. I want to criticize and hug her at the same time. I hope she can respect that. This is about the truth and justice for JBR.

To be fair Roy, there are several theories where RDI but one for the IDI.
So it would make sense for extra evidence to whittle down the RDI theories.
After all, that's what science is all about, refining in order to find the actual truth.

Surely you're happy with that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back