Japan - Kelli Cribbs Abad, 27, American wife of airman in USAF, Okinawa, 26 Oct 2011

Despite the suggestion of suicide, it is still unclear what might have happened to Kelli Abad in the three days between her leaving the family’s home and the vehicle being discovered at Cape Zanpa, said Janice Cribbs, Kelly Abad’s mother.

“There is no evidence of that [suicide],” Cribbs said Thursday. “There is no body.”

Cribbs, who is on the Okinawa searching for her daughter, said she spoke with Kelli on the telephone the morning of her disappearance and her daughter had asked her for warm winter clothes because Abad believed her husband would soon be transferred to a colder duty station.

There was no indication that Abad was about to commit suicide, Cribbs said.

“It’s hard to believe,” she said. “I’m just not willing to give up … When it rains, I still get emotional. I just think of her out there in it.”
http://www.stripes.com/news/kadena-airman-tells-cnn-missing-wife-left-suicide-note-1.162909

>> Found Kelly's MySpace, but it's private, here is the link: http://www.myspace.com/garedneckgrl

>> Also found a friend of hers MySpace, with four posts made by Kelly, two years ago .....gives some insight about her....PLEASE MODS, remove this post if you deem not approappriate to have posted following link: http://www.myspace.co/72586369
:)

She was very excited about the pregnancy and new baby.

So sad....Such a lovely girl and children. :(

I cannot find her date of birth however.

I read she was last seen on October 26th, "at the gate" leaving the base.

What time was that? Was there any indication (a camera perhaps) that sees her then at a particular time of day?

The article doesn't elaborate.

As for Kelli leaving to cool off a few times, who says that ? Was that the husband speaking?

Only his word as to her behaviors? Perhaps she looked depressed (and not smiling) in her photos, because of the marriage and fighting/arguing going on. That doesn't necessarily point to a suicide however. Not at all, imo.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...ng-mother-stationed-at-u-s-air-base-in-japan/

Re:
was last seen leaving the gate of the base on Oct 26. Investigators found her abandoned sport utility vehicle about 10 miles from the base.

What about post partum depression? How old is the baby?

Since it is Japan, it's the Japanese Police working the case?
How about the Military themselves, investigators?

Last I heard they were going to check the handwriting of that "supposed" 9words suicide note.

“Love my kids, love my hubby and parents. Bye.”

Sounds terribly unreal to me, to check out of this life, after a lifetime of both religious uprbringing that is against suicide, and leave two little children behind, unless of course, there is a "history" of mental illness and suicidal behavior that the family becomes aware of.

This makes no sense otherwise.

How about besides the note?........is there anything else they'd be checking, such as love affairs?

Anyone could have driven that vehicle to the cove and gotten a ride back.

:waitasec:

Here is an article (blog really because examiner usually aggragates info from MSM sources and writes up an entry, which is why I don't use them as MSM but I brought this here because it seems as though a family member or someone close to the family may have provided info for the blog/article, take it with a grain of salt is my recommendation).

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ga-serving-japan-waits-to-report-wife-missing

Thanks Kat - just noticed the video "Kelli & Kids" at the bottom of the page of the link you provided.

Incase anyone missed it, scroll down to where it says:

More on Kelli's story:
•Scroll down for links to more on this story
•Facebook: Kelli Cribbs Abad’s Missing Person Support
•"Kelli & Kids" video created by Kelli's sister
•Plea for safe return video created by Kelli's mom
•Slideshow of flier and misc. photos

+++++++++++++++++++

Where are you Kelli?

Kelli Cribbs-Abad missing: Mom pleads for info no matter how minor it seems

Janice Cribbs, the mother from Georgia whose adult daughter, Kelli Cribbs-Abad, went missing two months ago from a major air base in Japan, is pleading for people to come forward with information they have about her daughter, no matter how insignificant it may seem.

More: http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...leads-for-info-no-matter-how-minor-it-seems-1

We hear nothing much of this case, as if Kelli just walked off the face of the earth, and decided to disappear one day. :(
I don't think so........

Why do we not hear anything? Is it because when the spouse is in the Military and on a base, it becomes more difficult for investigations to proceed, such as computer records, phone records, etc being made public info like we get in the states?

How difficult is it if you are murdered in Japan for the case to ever get solved when you are an American woman and living on a Military Base? How about a Private Investigator, how much $$$ would that cost over there? Perhaps the LE just needs a push by a PI?'

Kellie's mother said she spoke to her that October morning, and she was excited about moving to a colder location, and put in a request for warmer clothes. That doesn't sound like a suicidal person to me.

Bumping for Kelli. I haven't been able to find any news or updates. Hoping the children are okay.

:bump:

Bumping for Kelli - I noticed her daughters birthday just passed

Hard to believe it will soon be a year since Kelli went missing!

Did that (short) note ever get analyzed???

Where are you Kelli??

Your family deserves answers.

:candle:

My name is Melissa Banks, from the articles. I don't know how many questions I can answer for you guys... but we are coming up on the 1 year anniversary and Kelli's mother, Janice, wants to make sure that Kelli is remembered. I need help trying to get as many news stations to cover this story as possible. Can anyone help me?

Hello,
My name is Melissa Banks, from the articles. The one year anniversary is coming up and Kelli's mother, Janice, would like the news media to once again cover her story. Can anyone help me get as much coverage that we can?

Also, I may be able to answer any questions you all may have... just pm me.

I used to live there. :( There really is not much crime on the island. She sure couldnt have left without a passport. I saw where her car was parked. Like she was meeting someone maybe? moo

This is what I thought at first too because she had some ads posted on Okinawayardsales.com looking for clothing to dress up for Halloween. I figured perhaps she had gone to meet someone for that reason... but then I heard her children were left in bed alone. And she would NEVER do that!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back