Jeff Ashton -Retired? Not if he has anything to say about it! ;) ***Updated***

OMG the hits keep coming. How old is he?? None of them look that old......

That's a shame. But whatever he wants he certainly deserves it. He did an outstanding job, as did Linda and Frank.

Florida streets gain a child killer and lose an incredible prosecutor.

This could also be something he said in sarcasm because the prosecution lost. It is not fair!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is true I am REALLY GOING TO CRY NOW!!!!! I didn't think I could be any sadder today.

I know I am. Surprised, shocked, disgusted, dismayed, repulsed and sickened. I really need to go lie down.

I heard/read, but cannot remember where, (I'm sorry) in the past few weeks that Jeff Ashton may be thinking of running for a political position. He didn't fail in this case and I think the voters of Florida will know this so I hope that he will seek office. He is brilliant and stands for justice.

His book will outsell anything KC, the Ants, Baez or any of the defense writes. I know I'll be in line for the first edition!!!

The nightmare of this day just won't end. My best to Mr. Ashton. He is still my HERO! I'll bet he has lost all faith in the system today, I know I have.

I find this news very sad!! Jeff you were amazing!! Thank you for giving all these years fighting for justice!! Thank you for fighting so hard for Caylee!

Surely this was something he had already intended to do. I cannot imagine he would be leaving with his tail between his legs. Not his style.

Another tweet, from Bob Kealing:

Source close to #JeffAshton says he has announced plans to retire from Orange-Osceola state atty's office.by bobkealing via twitter 2:54 PM

Jeff Ashton, if you retire, many future victims will feel the loss. thank you for everything. We think you are a knight in shining armor.

(((hug)))

I heard one of the TH's saying he could make a lot more money in the private sector. I hope he does. He did his best and I hope he in no way feels he failed Caylee. He was a voice for her when her own family turned against her.

I'd retire too, after all that work... so dissapointing

Casey sure knows how to kill people off, doesn't she?

What a loss for the people of Orange and Osceola counties. Considering he was never paid as handsomely as some other attorneys I cannot bring myself to acknowledge, I hope that all of the wealth and happiness in the world is made available to him. I know he has earned it.

He has been a prosecutor for decades. It is likely he had already decided it was time to move on.

I love my (affectionately termed) "Pudding Face" he is an amazing Prosecutor and did a great job. I find no fault in his attempt at justice for Caylee...and I wish him the full frontal face of God's smile all the days of his life.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back