Jeff Ashton -Retired? Not if he has anything to say about it! ;) ***Updated***

Yet another broken heart. Thank you, Casey. Thanks for all you have contributed while you have been on this earth. Thanks for putting the lives of thousands of searchers on hold and in danger (snakes, alligators). Thanks for making sure that the man who found Caylee, your daughter, was not thanked but instead was made to look like some sick body snatcher. Thanks for ensuring that "the best father and the best grandfather", in your words, was made to look like an evil child molester. Thanks for betraying Caylee. Thanks for stealing from your best friend. Thanks for emptying the coffers of Florida's taxpayers.

Thank you, Jury of 12. Hope you are proud.

Ugh. :( I'm sure Casey will just be tickled with the news. :( :(

It is a sad day! :( Casey is going free and Jeff Ashton is retiring! Good luck Jeff, you did a great job, too bad the jury was made up of morons!

His book will outsell anything KC, the Ants, Baez or any of the defense writes. I know I'll be in line for the first edition!!!

I do see that happening. I doubt many people will buy a book supporting Casey Anthony. Publishers will lose money on those types of books.

If Jeff, Linda or Frank does write a book, I agree it will sell well.

I do worry for Jeff, Linda and Frank. This will hurt them and I thought they did the best they could.

I am sorry to see Mr. Ashton retiring. He is one of the finest EVER. He has done everything and everything possible for the victims of murder. He has been their voice. What a wonderful person, with a huge heart, and a desire for the truth to be known. He will be missed. Thank you Mr. Ashton, Linda and Mr. George for all that you did for Caylee Marie. Here is a video I hope that you will see. I found it on you tube. Someone else, beside myself, and many, many others, understand your cause. This person made this special video....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2FMG6IMgB8"]YouTube - ‪The Newest Member of Caylee's Team‬‏[/ame]

I have never commented on the prosecution's demeanor. I always felt that it was contrary to what most felt but knowing what we knew, I was disappointed by the SA at every turn. I still am and I am even more so now. They spent far too much of their time countering Baez's stupid assertations than describing ICA's disgusting life. Why didn't they tell the jury about JG? That she tried to convince him that he was Caylee's father? That she led that ruse until his parents intervened with the request for a DNA test? Why? Why didn't they tell it ALL? They let a two-bit showman of a lawyer distract them with his ridiculous assertions and they forgot about Caylee. Caylee was never presented as a real-life human being throughout the entire trial!

I'm beside myself tonight. I hope the SA are too. I have no doubt that the DA is beside themselves with the glee that they've managed to pull the wool over the "eyes" of the supposed "justice" system. Kaching all around for the guilty.

I'm sorry for JP that this is how this has panned out. He, and he alone, is a true beacon for justice and without question, he knows that justice was NOT served with this case.

To the jury. For shame! Y'all might be home and sleeping tonight but you will all end up knowing and living with the fact that you let a murderer go free.

This is my opinion only.

moo

I can't say I blame him. It is a thankless job a lot of the time- the rewards are from ensuring justice and putting evil people away.
He just devoted three years to obtaining justice for Caylee and the Jury kicked him in the teeth for his efforts.

He has probably lost complete faith in our justice system. I know I did!

The State of Florida will be losing a valuable employee, but I can understand. I pray for them all. The prosecutors are heroes regardless of the verdict.

This is so heart breaking. The justice system is poorer for it. I wish him the best and hope he shares his thoughts one day.

LOL, JA can laugh his way to the bank too.

Not saying he will, but, they all can.

They'll all have the opportunity to profit greatly off Caylee.

It will be interesting to see who chooses to do so.

JMHO.

Yet another broken heart. Thank you, Casey. Thanks for all you have contributed while you have been on this earth. Thanks for putting the lives of thousands of searchers on hold and in danger (snakes, alligators). Thanks for making sure that the man who found Caylee, your daughter, was not thanked but instead was made to look like some sick body snatcher. Thanks for ensuring that "the best father and the best grandfather", in your words, was made to look like an evil child molester. Thanks for betraying Caylee. Thanks for stealing from your best friend. Thanks for emptying the coffers of Florida's taxpayers.

Thank you, Jury of 12. Hope you are proud.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

He may end up as a legal analyst for one of the stations, who knows. I am sure he will do fine, whatever he does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back